Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Support Algeria World Cup 2010!

EnGLand (emphasis on the G) who? According to Russell Peters that should get them angry. With Capello's regime, maybe that would go up to Q/F? Maybe. But, do they have the strength and depth (as A. Hansen would say)? I doubt that.

The Dutch and the Germans are a force to reckon with in SA. There would probably be other wild cards that would emerge from the tournament as it progresses.

Who would I support? Any underdog that punches beyond his reach...Mostly likely an African.

^Good luck with the noise. They're louder than Maryooley. But they're not a bad bunch to be with. They're warm and friendly and most of all very brotherly.

Som@li   

Go New Zealand

New Zealand's All Whites finally move into limelight for World Cup play-off

Move over All Blacks, it will be New Zealand's footballers who will capture the imagination this weekend.

ryan_nelsen2_1522041c.jpg

Here

peasant   

How come no one mentioned the samba boys who are known to snatch the trophy if the tournament is held outside europe? Plus the african weather is in their favor and not mention some of their talented cousins are also going to be in the tournament like Argentineans, chileans and etc.

I think this cup goes to south america and probably brazil will take it.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Car-Garo:

The Egyptian team is weak compared to the Algerians, Algeria can beat them any day.

If I were a betting man I would dare you to a wager, saaxib. The Egyptian team is the best in Africa, adeer. They won the last two African cups and, I believe, they will trounce Algeria on Saturday (remember, they are playing at home).

As for being weak! A team that has Al Hadari in goal? Wael Gomca in defence? Sheikh Abu Trika in midfield? Zidan and Camr Zaki in attack? A team that has captain fantastic himself (Ahmed Hassan)?

p.s.

They got a visit from the laughing cow today. He told them to do their best (which means those boys will be playing out of their skins).

I predict that Egypt will qualify and not just qualify but be the best african team in the world cup.

As El Comda says: gatkom neela, maleeto el balad. :D

Som@li   

the pharaohs don't have a chance,

Three players hurt in attack on Algeria team bus

Three players from Algeria's national football team were slightly hurt on Thursday when youths stoned their bus as they arrived in Cairo for a World Cup qualifier against Egypt, Algerian state radio reported.

Earlier Algerian sports minister Hachemi Djiar said some of the players had been hospitalised before Saturday's match. However, state radio reported later that the three players had not been seriously injured.

A reporter for state radio said that about 200 young people appeared just as the team's bus pulled into their hotel, and launched a hail of stones at the vehicle.

"It was a very regrettable incident," said Djiar, who is minister for youth and Sport. "On the way from the airport the bus was attacked by a group of youths who were throwing stones," he told Algerian radio by telephone from the Egyptian capital

Tuujiye   

War carabtaan maxaad ukala jeceshihiin? meel ma gaaraayaan labadaba... If I had to go with one, I would go with Egypt.....But Ghana will go far this year... I just Hope Nigeria makes it because Tunisia always just takes space and never pased the group stages...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge Egypt are out saxib. Support another Arab team :D .

Sherban, I'm with Algeria to qualify. They will be my No. 2 team at the WC.

Ghana and Ivory Coast will get to quarters before they lose to a European team.