Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Another Wedding, Another Bridesmaid

Last weekend, it was a distant cousin’s wedding, and once again I was one of the bridesmaids. I was very happy for her but I couldn’t help but wonder when my prince in shining armour was going to sweep me of my feet and make an honest woman out me! - that is a married one.

I have known of a woman who after the 8th time, finally was the braid. I am on 4th one now. 3 of which ended up in divorce. Is that a bad omen?

Aaliyyah   

Queen Araweelo it is all about calaf. Inshallah you will find him soon enough and dont pay attention to Rudy...meherkaaga lacagtiisa bartiisa ha tagnaado..you deserve it lol..

salaam

FatB   

now i know that its not a somali thing, wedding/engagment rings, getting down on one knee

i hear its a big thing in the states

Originally posted by Queen Arawello:

I have known of a woman who after the 8th time, finally was the braid. I am on 4th one now. 3 of which ended up in divorce. Is that a bad omen?

Only one marriage survived out of the four huh? That does sound like a bad omen.

-Lily-   

I don’t think other people’s success/happiness ever takes away from you.

Hang in there, you’re turn will come smile.gif

In the meantime, perhaps you should stop being a bridesmaid? Rushing behind the the bride the entire evening and making yourself look silly is never the way to go. You would have a better chance showing up as a guest, somehow it is more dignified icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Valenteenah.:

quote:Originally posted by Queen Arawello:

Only one marriage survived out of the four huh? That
does
sound like a bad omen.
Are you implying that she gave those poor newly weds the evil eye? :D

Ibtisam   

Arawello, miyaad cawiridey these couples? :eek:

If you want a braid, for weddings I know a nice hair lady for Muslim women in north london icon_razz.gif

lool @honest woman out me! never get that saying. miyaad been-lies baadtahey?

hi there sister ibtisam,

i noticed you have been absent these past few weeks. anyways, it was a spelling mistake so dont get carried away at my expense. I too know of that woman who fixs braid and weaves, thought i never understood why somali women would go there. her name is Hawa and she operates behind an internet shop.

Meh,don't sweat it. I'm sure some fortunate Farah will lure you into eternal domestic incarceration and you'll secretly curse anyone remotely involved in casting this terrible affliction upon you.

Till then, kick your diana usage up a notch. ;)

Juxa   

Queen A, please dont rush yourself about marriage and stop being so nice. being a bridemaid should be reserved for very very close family (siblings) and friends.

your time will come and the farax that would end up disappointing you is ever so close

insha allah kheyr