Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Good Vs Bad Times.

BOB   

Once upon a time there was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind, she hated everyone, except for one guy who still loved her, He was always there for her, she told him one day 'If I could only see the world, I will marry you!'

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her, When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including the guy who has always been there for her and loved her more than she ever thought was possible.

He asked her: Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?

The girl looked at him and saw that he was blind too, The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her, She hadn't expected that, The thought of looking at them the rest of her life, led her to refuse to marry him.

The poor guy left in tears...days later wrote a note to her saying..."Please take a good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine" :(

This is how the human brain often works, when our status change, only a very few remember what life was like before and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.

Life is a gift from ALLAH s.w so today before you say an unkind word...think of someone who can't speak.

Before you complain about the taste of your food...think of the thousands upon thouands around the world who have nothing to eat.

Before you leave the water tap running...think of the poor people dying of thirst.

Before you complain about your husband or wife...think of someone who's crying out to ALLAH for a companion. (Sniff...Sniff ) :(

Today before you complain about life...think of someone who died too early.

Before whining about the distance you drive...think of someone who walks the same distance with their bare feet.

^^^and when you are tired and complain about your job...Please think of the unemployed, the disabled, the sick and those who wish they had your job and when depressing thoughts seem to get you down...put a smile on your face and think...You're alive and thank ALLAH. :D

May Allah s.w forgive us all and bless us with a happy life in this world and the hereafter Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Cabdow   

Great reminder indeed, thanks for sharing with us camu!

P.s..The blind girl was she Somali by any chance? smile.gif

Blessed   

Bob, walaal. Jizaak Allah khair for the naseeha. My teacher was talking about this in halaqah this morning, how we fail to see the barakah in the trials and fail to be grateful in the good times.

Rose   

great reminder barak ALLAHu feek brother. the more one is grateful, the more blessings Allah will give! subhan ALLAH. Alhamdulilah.

BOB   

Originally posted by nuune:

Thanks ina aabooy
smile.gif

Waryaa wiil oo maxaad igu geli Agaa? Ina aabooy bilcaantaa la dhahaa ee ragga lama dhaho...ina aaboow dheh intee qalanjooyinka waamo ku maqlin...ma saas ayaad ku rabtaa inaan gabar kaaga doono Leheleey, Canjeel, Joore, Af Madoow, Qooqaani, Cagtaa Lehel, Xaliimo Cadeey iyo Kulbiyoow? :D

Back to the topic...I hurt my knee playing sport last Sunday and I didn't enjoy the pain and walking around with crutches and I was moaning and whining to my older brother over the phone and he tried at his best to lift up my spirits and cheer me up by trying to remind me how good I got compared to millions of others around the world and next morning he sent me an e-mail containing this story which I must admit humbled me and embarrassed me beyond imaginable marka I thought I should share it with you all and hope it will do what it has done for me. smile.gif

I am glad it lifted your spirits as much as it has…Maasha Allah…that is always great to hear.

smile.gif

Peace, Love & Unity.

Malika   

^ smile.gif , Jazakhallah Kheyr dear,indeed it doesn't take much to smile,say something nice,think positively..

Salma   

Totally true, alhamdulelah for Allah's blessings (both hidden and visible). We should always see those who are below us and appreciate what we have, rather than looking at those above us and feel gloomy and depressed..... Of course, learning how to develop, gain and reach better life is not a bad thing, but getting blinded by the fake colours and greed of this life is what we have to avoid.

Indeed, Allah is the most generous and merciful who keeps showering us with all the blessings, yet the humans keep denying or wait for great expectations from each others.

Shokran for the wise words.

P.S> I couldn't stop myself critizing the story u begin with:

1. He didn't have to give her his eyez to prove his love.. This is a typical blind love :eek:

2. Why he didn't give her one eye only and keep the other one.. :rolleyes: anyway, lesson is learnt: neva donate eyez...

BOB   

Brother the moral of the story is not whether he should give his eyes away or not but how unappreciative bunch humans are...they envy what they don't have and when the almighty blesses us with something we take it for granted.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

ADNAAN   

tanag u bro. these kind of sheekos soften the heart wallahi.

Originally posted by Zulfa:

[Q]

2. Why he didn't give her one eye only and keep the other one.. :rolleyes: anyway, lesson is learnt:
neva donate eyez
... [/Q]

or any other body organs for dat matter smile.gif