Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

The height thing is pissing me off Dude!

Modesty   

Hello,

Ok, let me tell you straight that I'm 5'4! I'm the shortest person in my family.I never thought I was short, until one day I went to the Hospital for a physical.When they measured my height, I remember the nurse smirkingly saying that I'm 'underaverage'. Woah, that blew me away, I always thought I was tall! But turns out, since I lived near short Chinese people, I became conditioned to um feel taller. But no! Then, I started rocking little pick me up high pumps and I had my nose up there for a while.Then I got tired of it, so this summer I apparently only go for dacas(trust me, once you start you wouldn't go back). However, my family is now severly distressed that well I'm SHORT..one member of my family insisted that I stop wearing my signature dacas..not over my so-called 'underaverage' height, and again I said NOPE! I'm proud to be 5'4 and I'm not going to take Vita pills to try to increase my height:)

So guys, what do you think about my little distressing dupsey.Has anything like that happened to you,perhaps you were too tall like a tree or something..Just give me the short side of it

hhmmmm sorry babe 5'4 is a bit tall for me......5'2 and under and i go bananaz..krazy thoughts go thru my head ...and i can't help it....too much info ..i know, i knwow ..sorry :D:D

ps: baby gal don't worry height ain't nothing but a number....same difference....i think short gals hav alot going upstairs(confidence build up) :D ...heeey i tried

asxantu

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Modesty, I don't know about other male nomads but TALL WOMEN are a turn off for most men. If a women is shorter then a man, the man is more than likely to approach her. I think that its the feminine thing for a women to be shorter than a man. The 'HIGH HEEL' age wasn't until recent times.

So short women, wereeeeeeeeee alwayyyyys IN!

Fi Amanillah

Sophist   

Kheyr, speak for yourself mate. Most of my friends, the taller the better sort of thing! so long there is a cap on 5'11.

Modesty, Allah had created us all in diff shapes and sizes, everyone of us are here to fulfil a a picture, so don't be disgrunteled! be mery and look upon those who are 5.3 or below.

Sincere   

Khayr thinks is a turn off, and Sophist disagrees,perfect example of different strokes for different folks.

Modesty i think 5'4 is an attractive hieght for a lady.

Keep in mind beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

NGONGE   

Modesty, I don’t know how westernised you are. If you were, then your height is perfect for your husband to carry you over the threshold on your wedding day. :D

Modesty,

Yeah, you are short. But you're quite taller than the average where I'm at ;)

Kheyr,

You must be short as heck. Or you just like to feel that you can dominate over a woman. *smh*

Tuujiye   

5'4, 5'2, 5'8..lol..Y'all call that hieght?lol

Who is over 6'0?

Modesty listen to sophist sis. Somali waxaa lagu dhahay..Tii naag aheed , dherer iyo gaabnaan ma gasho, duq iyo yaraana ma gasho.

waraa Shoobaro saas maa u gaaban tahay? dhulka aaba ku malaansan tahee. Ileen waxa aad la dhib badan tahay waa waxa kaa kuusan.

DA beenta daa adi wax kaa gaaban maba jiraan. Adoo qashin tuureysid aan kugu arkay DET' Tanaga qashinka aa dherer la ekeed.lol... ;)

wareer badanaa

Khayr   

Originally posted by Devil's Advocate:

Modesty,

Yeah, you are short. But you're quite taller than the average where I'm at
;)

Kheyr,

You
must be short as heck. Or you just like to feel that you can dominate
over
a woman. *smh*

What can I say, its either

you DOMINATE or GET DOMINATED!!! :D

Raxmah   

Salaams

Modesty – Girl you are 5’4 and complaining, do what sophist said look upon those shorter than you, there are plenty of us. No need to be distressed about your height, look at it as being unique individual.

Try dacas with heels. ;)

Rahima   

Sister, count your blessings. Try finding clothes that fit you right :confused: . At least if it is too long you can hem it or something.

I don't know if it is the same where you live, but here all the clothes are bloody too short :mad: , and I’m not even extremely tall (5'8). And then when you find the right length, it is too big waist/thigh wise. Catch 22 situation, so i get some of my clothes tailor made which can be expensive.

Modesty, I don't know about other male nomads but TALL WOMEN are a turn off for most men. If a women is shorter then a man, the man is more than likely to approach her. I think that its the feminine thing for a women to be shorter than a man. The 'HIGH HEEL' age wasn't until recent times.

So short women, wereeeeeeeeee alwayyyyys IN!

So how tall are you khayr smile.gif ? That would explain it ;) .

But yes i agree, although it is sort of superficial i too think that it is nicer that the man is taller than the woman.

^^^^^ Errgghh :D

Yeah seriosuly Dont let your Height Bugg you too much, and for everyone who thinks that they are too short, there is someone complain about how tall they are.

All Guys would like to be Tall, and when your tld this is teh national average and u dont measure up u feel abit inadequate. But an average is exactly that an average a number, a stat. And if u wanna break it down further, u might wanna ask what is the average height weight etc etc for somali's then you might see a more reasonable figure.

Bottom Line dont let small things like that Pee smile.gif u off. Just be happy that your Healthy and able