Sign in to follow this  
winnie

talk to me/ ask me a question

Ibtisam   

^^^^Get busy...with life, keep occupied, just be doing something all the time for a while, change your routing, do something exciting, take up a new challenge. Time is the best healer, it does not really matter what you do really, there is no magic way to move on quickly. Just give it some time. Oh and don't get depressed about it or dwell on it. Life must go on, chances are they (or the circumstances) were not as good as you thought they were anyway and something better always comes along smile.gif

What did you last dream of?

Mowgli   

can't completely remember but it did it had something to do with lady boys, big bird from seasame street and an unmentionable incident involving TCP

when *and what* was the last time you had an embarassing moment in public

Originally posted by idil:

can't completely remember but it did it had something to do with lady boys, big bird from seasame street and an unmentionable incident involving TCP

when *and what* was the last time you had an embarassing moment in public

L00000000L@Lady boys & S/Street. I would love to hear this one out :D:D

Ibtisam   

Looo Idil!! WHat on earth...do tell us more plz!! :D lloooool

Not long ago I was on the escalators on the tube, and my long skirt got caught on it, it chewed on a fair bit of it, and in the tussle with the escalator I nearly got exposed. Some people stood around to watch, while some white guy (he was nice) tried to rescue me. redface.gif It was my faviourt skirt that I got while abroad! :(

Which would you take: a well paid job or poor paid enjoyable job?

-Lily-   

Two weeks ago I was walking out of a restaurant with two friends when I fell, I mean face down in front of everyone. I wasn't embarrassed by the two friends but by the ppl who were staring, one lady had her mouth open midway through eating her pasta! Oh well, got up in the speed of lightning and pretended the floor was slippery while really cirka fiirinaye and day dreaming.

*Edit* you guys are so fast. Ghanima, today I would say a high paying job. Forget that mushy doing good nonesense.

Ouch Lily. I hate when i have to go to local restaurant. The food is great but those ppl who stare and stare at you like u are a long lost relative whom they are trying to identify! OMG!. I fall down infront of like over 50 mostly menn coz i could not keep my feet firm on the ground.

Lower your gaze menn.

winnie   

my last date was 2 weeks ago, but it wasnt "that" kind of date. I was invited to a friends house for dinner and snacks and we watched/listened to some RIS lectures. it was cool, they were all about family and marriage.

question: ever feel trapped or doomed? what do you do about it?

Ameen   

Yes and the only way to deal with it to Man up to It. And if you a lady, than Lady up to IT smile.gif

Either way, face the problem head on.

Question: What are you afraid of?

Ameen   

No. To get results your need action. Gathering a group of people to hold signs and scream about some issue that nobody really cares about doesnt do much to bring about change. We need less talk and more walking the walk.

Question: Why is the issue of marriage such an important topic amongst the youth of our present time?

Ameen   

Think about the benefits from whatever it is that your trying to do and if there isn't any benefit in it for you, I dont know why you're doing it in the first place.

Question: How difficult would life be without Yahoo or Google?

winnie   

uhm, not that difficult. its just a quick way to look up information, and the information isnt all that factual.

question: how do you get rid of under-eye circles?

Aaliyyah   

^^ get enough sleep, at least 8 hours daily, not only to get rid of under-eye circles bt to maintain your general health and lead a healthy life style.

Question

is there anyone in here who use to listen to music and stopped listening to music all together? and how did you go about it? am a hijabi and i do listen to music, and i know music is haraam. It is that one thing that I can't help but keep doing it, even when I tell myself thats it i wont listen to it anymore. So my question is How did you stop listening to music for good? even when I stop for a while and then I see my lil sis listening to it or friends I start over, or i see myslef singing along. It is been dead end efforts to stop listening to music.

Hopefully, your inputs will facilitate my intentions of improving myself as a muslim sister.