Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

1st Annual Somali Appeal

For those SOLers who are in other countries who can not take part in any donations held in London or the UK, I suggest you get yourself together in whichever town you're in, and start gathering donations for the cause and wire it over to the destination or the org responsible or the people responsible for this fund raising.

However, I've been thinking that we, SOLers, can do even better. We CAN set up a monthly or quarterly donation box that every member donates to a specified sum and an individual (one of us) is trusted with it and we, create a committee that decides where (which group of Somalis) it goes to. Wallaahi, there is a lot that we CAN do, if we get our act together, walaalayaal.

Mahadsanidiin.

Juxa   

chubacka so sorry abaayo you cont make it, insha allah we will touch base with you.

good turn out, bless you all for that.

Marx, very disappointing you cont make it, hopefully you will participate the upcoming events.

Juxa... I would love to participate, however I have already ruined my face on SOL. I am much different in real life and people might be shocked when they actually meet me in person.

I suppose merging real life and the internet just doesnt work ruunti.

^I think there should be a 'delete' option in addition to 'edit', don't you agree? Of course you do, I saw your 'I need a GF thread'.

Khayr   

^^^

GG, thats a bit uncalled for. Don't be so harsh.

It would be nice to see Marx with the others. He is young, opinionated at times and brave.

Juxa   

Marx, you really shont worry about others too much.

i believe you have alot to offer to the community and if you can spare the time, by all means do join us. Many of us do know that people are different in real life and should not be judged by their online persona.

ps: at least you voice your opinion, be proud, right or wrong you are you

Ibtisam   

Thank you to those who attended. I will e-mail you all inshallah tomorrow. I'll get back to those who sent PM's too inshallah.

Dhagax-Tuur, one thing at a time brother, really good idea though, but takes a lot of effort and organising. Send your e-mail to Sayid Somal or Juxa and the'll let you know what you can do.

^dadka haygu soo dirin

Dhagax - email ibtisaam. she is looking for punctual spokesman - juxa and her fired me on the spot, when i arrive one minute or hour (no big difference) late.

looking forward to Ngonge's "the shirt" or was it "it was the shirt" story :D

NGONGE   

^^ PM Juxa. The two above are useless.

Heh@Sayid. I'm keeping my mouth shut this time. Xita 'Deek' waxba kama qorayo. :D

Juxa   

Ngonge normally i dont like to agree with you but ibti and sayid waakala daranyihiin

it takes them 2 days to check their emails. waraadaa time is money you know. bilaa caleek

Ismahaan   

Hi guys ! I couldn,t made the meeting because i wasn,t near London ,but please let me know if ther's anything I can do to help.

Thumbs up !!!!!!!

You are doing a great Job! keep it up.

Great idea indeed.

I suggest the organisers kick off this fundrasing event by doing a race.

There are several 5k and 10k races in London next month so it would good idea if u did enter a race and am sure it will create good publicity as well as getting sponsered.

check out runnersworld website for event dates.

There is a 10k at Finsbury Park on 1 november, but maybe not enough prep time for it unless u lot are fit already.