Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

The Random Thread

underdog   

If you get down to the basic numbers, Yes there's more poverty in Africa than Europe or America. I don't contest that but I do contest the image that is sold to citizens of the world that the entire continent is starving to death and doesn't 2 cents to rub together.

^^^inkastoo runta dadka ee jecleen Africa Gaajo iyo cuduro bey u dhamaanayan...wadano qaar kood wey iska dhaqan yihiin...laakiin wadanada badankood ilaah baa og sidey ku helaan ceeshkooda maalmeed. Kasoo qaad Sudan/Darfur, Ethiopia n many other countries.....thats even clear to my baby sister

underdog   

I politely disagree.

You can't point at a whole country. The point I'm trying to make is - In every country in the world there is a class structure that separates the wealthy from the poor. There's no difference in this case. Waa ogolahay there is some people who haven't eaten in 3 days, laakin I'm against the image that the WHOLE country is at the door step of death. Ufiirso waxa aan leyahay, I'm against the extreme portrayal of cudur and gaajo... Waxaan wax cusub miyaa? waagi aan joogney kuligeen ma cudur aa na haaye? Canjeeradi iyo hilibki aa maalin walba isla dhigeesay ma xisaabsano miya? Masee marki aad so tagtey aa starvation iyo diseaseka kusodegeen wadamada dan.

I'm sorry if I sound difficult, but all I'm saying is we've been there and it hasn't been that long that we don't remember. Lets try and qualify the facts before we blindly nod and agree with general steroetypical analysis made by people who aren't there and people who have a vested interest in showing the bad while hiding the good.

^^^I agree. Isnt it amazing how whenever there is mention of africa in the news its either to report a war, outbreak of some disease, starvation, drought, famine..etc. Never something thats invented...or a person being honoured...or something positive about the environment or reconstruction work or anything that doesnt have a negative tinge to it.

And I hate that the poster child for sponsorship and charity is always a black kid.

I once had to drag my mother away from donation poll at a mall near me...she was so pissed...they tried getting more money by showing a starving ethopian kid with flies all over his face. And it was a christimas charity for the local hospital..what the bleeping bleep does a kid halfway around the world have to do with some sick, white kid? Explain that me? :mad: redface.gif :rolleyes:

As if only africans experience poverty. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

heheheh...I pressed the wrong button huh?...

If it will make you feel lil better....Some Solers still have greasy curly hair (not naming names..they know who they are)..@ least you had it back in the 80's...

Originally posted by underdog:

I wouldn't know, it was a little before my time
:D

Needless to say I will still be in my 20s when you sods are knocking about in your 40s. icon_razz.gif

^^^caqli tv iga dheh. (waan ku daba dhaajinaayay codkana waan badalay).

Underdog- waan ku fahmay ...laakiin wadankeeni gaajodaas maka jirto (maybe markii qaxi)....markii qaaradaha kale loo fiiriyo ilaah baan kugu dhaarshee soo Africa povertiga uuguma xuma?

underdog   

Gaaladii okale aa igu noqotay...qaarada dan aa hal wadan ka dhigtay. Wadan wadan hadii aad ufirisid, 54 countries... how many of the countries below fall in that emergency "everyones about to die" list?

Algeria | Angola | Benin | Botswana | Burkina Faso | Burundi | Cameroon | Cape Verde | Central African Republic | Chad | Comoros | Congo-Brazzaville | Congo-Kinshasa | Côte d'Ivoire | Djibouti | Egypt | Equatorial Guinea | Eritrea | Ethiopia | Gabon | Gambia | Ghana | Guinea | Guinea-Bissau | Kenya | Lesotho | Liberia | Libya | Madagascar | Malawi | Mali | Mauritania | Mauritius | Morocco | Mozambique | Namibia | Niger | Nigeria | Rwanda | Sao Tome-Principe | Senegal | Seychelles | Sierra Leone | Somalia | South Africa | Sudan | Swaziland | Tanzania | Togo | Tunisia | Uganda | Western Sahara | Zambia | Zimbabwe

All these countries when you look at them individually the majority of the population is not stuck in a refugee camp lining up for rations while big ugly flies swarm over thier kids faces.

Consider poverty in Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Columbia, Ecuador, all of central America, majority of the population in India, Bangladesh, Sri lanka, Philipines etc etc...get my point?

Waxa laga gedaayo ufirso. Don't just buy into everything you're fed.

Ariadne   

Originally posted by Mohamed nuur:

quote:Originally posted by Kreepy Kid:

There's this Somali girl I keep seeing at my school....I notice her among all the others cause shes the only other somali girl in my school...besides myself....

I should go up to her and say hi....

but what excuse would I have for starting a conversaion with her?

iska waran somaali miya tahaay?...oh what a coincidence so am I

and were both muslim nd we both walk and talk and breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbn dioxide...I see a beautiful future for us as friends...
:D

As friends or ..................................
if you read my muddeled random thought carefully you will notice I said as friends because there are no other somalis in my school besides this girl. In a school of 4000 students all art and design students...she is the only other somali person...everyone else is everything else... with the majority of white. So theres no one I can feel at home with like my family. To talk to in somali or to eat with my hands or to say ramadan kariim to and eid mubarak....sigh...I miss going to school in a somali area...theres none of that at home feeling...here

And yes as friends if I wanted to be more than friends or whatever else your foul thoughts were...I would balantly say so.

Ariadne   

Especially since with the 4000 students...there's no one I can talk to in somali

And since when has it come down qouting people on random thoughts and taking the intention behind their random thought way out of context and questioned...for something as innocent and shy as I should go up to her and say hi...whatever happened to friendly salams with no alterior motive except maybe the prospect of friendship

( you don't ever remember having those thoughts back in grade school before puberty hit and sexualized erverything in some of our minds)

Tuujiye   

Yarta Simply..Ilaaheey mid Cariish ku dajinaayo hakaa fogeeyo..Aamino dheh.

Waraada Qac'qaac iyo Underdog old schoolnimada naga daaya nooh..Africa waa net money making machine for the west, wiligoodna faqiir ee ahaanayan. Laakiin Africa dadka dagan markii la dhaho waa reer baadiyo oo wili bush bee ku nool yihiin, Aniga markaas uu dhiiga igu kacaa..inta kale laakiin..yes..Africa faqiir waaye waana loogu talagalay in ee saas ahaadan..lol.

Simply labadaan hala yaabin, Dooladii kacaanka ee ka hareen..

wareer badanaa!!!

underdog   

Warya Garab,

ciyalsuuqa mexico dadka kuboobo iyo hindida dooliga kucasheeyo maakaroon africanka. wax kasto dad aa kudaneeysto. lakiin anaka oo kanimid maa nalagageedaa? Been there, seen it. Geed aa la idinkuxirtay... Oh studies show "Forty thousand children starve to death on this planet every day," That's 14.6 mil a yr. Now I ask you , honestly,at anytime in your life and most of you have been to so many places in africa (see SOL WORLD ATLAS) have you witnessed ONE just ONE Starving child...out of 14.6 mil a yr someone must have seen ONE. Lets not be sheep and follow the leader, you some intelligence and question some of the data their shovelling around.

faqriga dhan aa qalad kafahanteen masee wareerki aa batay