Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Our population is stagnant

Aaliyyah   

Walee hadii gabadh Farxiya la dhoho oo aan aqaan nin heshay. qof wuxuu guursado waayayaa ma jiro.

lol ducaysane farxiya maxa ka qaldan talow? miyeey gabantahay mise way madowtahay mise way faruurantahay loooooooool I picked that line from qabyo.

Anyhow, on a serious note it is not about finding just anyone. It's about finding someone compatible. Someone who will work just as hard if not harder to make that relationship work. Someone educated,religious, kind loving.the list goes on....

salaaam

A strange topic. I think our population is growing, Somali's under 15 probably make up 45-50% of the population at large.

As for having kids, I have an abti my mothers oldest brother who has 29 living children masha Allah, still alive Alhamdulilah and is a great grandfather to grown folks.

Thus Somali's despite the war are growing strong its just some in the Diaspora play it cool.

Have more kids, but make sure to raise them well.

Aaliyyah   

Hey Najmudin, How you been walaal?

Duke yes I agree w/ u somalis have so many kids. We most def. increasing not descreasing in #. Alhamdulilaah. It's good to have too many kids but if both parents are working its better to have less kids and focus on them.

salaam

The Zack   

Caaliya, Life is kicking my a*& but over all I am alright. Taanki yuu for asking huuno.

Duke, 29 children? Masha'allah! Duqa must've have had multiple wives.

Aaliyyah   

29 children isn't a joke. Subhanalah, imagine God asking him whether he met his responsibility??...paying monthly fees doesnt equate to a parent who's there for his kids 24.7 guiding them on daily basis.

salaam

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

As for having too many kids, what is the use of having 10 children in Africa when more than half of them will die from diseases at 5th bday.

Isn't that the whole point? Since half will die that young you must keep going to have any hope of keeping any of them alive.

Baluug   

Obviously the numbers aren't reliable, but I would venture to guess that yes, Somalia's population isn't growing and is remaining at pre-war levels. This would obviously be due to high death rates from malnutrition and war, but also from high migration rates. People are willing to cramp themselves like sardines into a boat that they know they could very well be thrown off of before they even make it to Yemen, in order to leave the place. So these numbers only show Somalia's population levels, but if they took into account the number of Somalis within the diaspora, it would be much. much higher.

-Lily-   

Well, perhaps we ought to try stop killing each other.

Whatever problems Somalia has, lack of children certainly isn't one of them.

nuune   

^^^ Well there is the option in dhalooyinka lagu dhalo, or ibriiqyada, as many Westerners do and increase the number if that is the problem.

Then it all comes to women, do they really want to carry the baby on their belly, or prefer bottled one, in either case, nowadayz Somali Women don't want to bear children for the simple reason they think that their inner/upper system will get screwed.

So I head so, aw kamaa qaala Kisaa'i!!!

che it's not speculating, if we don't go off those data what else is there? and it's been my observation that Somali families aren't having as many kids as we use to. in MN and probably Ohio too, I see many young people just not having kids. everyone says they now of someone with big family, but it's "someone else". how many of those here are having those big families? not many. people back home aren't either. this is serious thing that could effect us many yrs down the road. down worry about how you'd provide for them, it's not important. what is important is getting our numbers up. and our numbers don't look good now compared to Ethiopia and our other big neighbors. let's breed people.

NASSIR   

Nin Yaaban, I disagree with your conclusion. Somali women give birth an average of 8 kids and above, even in the Diaspora. I do agree however that the rate of sustainable family as an institution is rare or fading in the Diaspora due to many factors. Either the young are too financially strapped or restricted by the inflexibilty of our cultural demands.

There's however a growing trend back in Somalia that are beneficial to our population growth in the long run. Our society is becoming more religious, thus the number of young sheikhs having a large family is rising to a significant level.

I was reading a report in which a local NGO reported an unprecedented increase in the # of population figures in some villages from 2-3 years point.

If we open more children's hospitals, discourage risky migrations and work towards a sustainable peace in the south like the north and create opportunities for the unemployed, we will be fine in as far as our society's preservation is concerned.

Btw, my own uncle has over 30 kids in back home. But a man named Salaad Dalmar, I was told, has 45 boys from four wives, each having 12. What is miraculous about them is delivering the same double digit and boys. Unbelievable! Lol