Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Our population is stagnant

i dunno if it's women refusing to have more kids or what not, but i noticed we've numbered 10 million for 20yrs now. so what gives people? and what is the ideal number of kids to have nowadays?

NGONGE   

^^ Lately, you've been asking for stats and numbers in every similar topic! What gives? Mese hiliblaha hilib oon bu ka hadla?

Nin Yaban,

The ideal number in the West should be two (one boy and one girl if you're lucky). In Somalia though there is no ideal number and there should not be one. Go for as many as you can.

well if you check the CIA fact book for Somalia, it has our pop at 10 million. it's the same for the UN too, give or take few million. so it's pretty much reliable.

Haneefah   

^You can't really avoid numbers even if you wanted to, they're everywhere!

Lol@ as many as you can. Ha waalin ninka, isagaaba already yaabanee.

Malika   

Nin,those are ESTIMATED figures,there hasnt been censor since,who knows.There is probably more Somalis out of the country then in the country.

As for having large families,yaa kaa caruur badaan Somalidaa? Most families have at least 8-10 children even in the west.

*waves*@ Haneefah,salaam sis.

NGONGE   

^^ I recently met a Somali guy from H town who came to London on holiday (Yes, I know :D ).

Anyway, the man is 31 but looks 23 and has 10 children already (how is that for numbers, Haneefah?). If he keeps going for another ten years with the same hard work and endeavour ( :D ) he is very likely to hit the magic twenty.

And since when did the CIA/UN figures became realiable bal.

the real figures will never be known in this climate.

To think of it i think it will be easy to do a censcus for us Somalis , thats the real use of Qabiil wil come into play, Qolo kaste is soo tira kooba lee dhahaa.

Haneefah   

Malika, Salaam sweetie! Hope you're well ;)

NG, :D . Markaas oo kale I wouldn't think about numbers had I met him, but the type of drugs he must've been using...Can't be just qaad for sure :D

Lol@ UN/CIA figures.

Aaliyyah   

I agree with Haneefah there is no relaible percise facts about the size of our population. I highly doubt we are decreasing in pop. size.Almost, every somali family abroad or otherwise has at least 7 kids.

Ofcourse, in the west the people who are getting married now might not have as many. Given that they are busy with work, and also who knows affected by the western mentality. I myself don't think I will have as many as my mother had may allah swt bless her for her hard work and reward her immensely. I might end up with three or four if I'm lucky. I really still don't know how somali parents manage. Ilaahay bless them all.

Lol@ as many as you can. Ha waalin ninka, isagaaba already yaabanee.

Lol haneeefah asagaba already yabane iga qoslisay.

salaaaam

NGONGE   

^^ I don't know about 'traditional' to be honest. Somali women don't portray the traditional guys in a good light. This one was actually telling me how he misses all his kids and how long he's been married to his wife and how good she is, etc. He was only away from them for a week! As the Egyptians say: Riggaala waraa (paper men). :D

Blessed   

^Traditional is not all bad and I was taking the mick out of your line.. It sounded like cheesey xayasiis. :D

LOL riggaala waraa, well I guess that's true in a sense as most women think that they only exist on paper. Bless him. smile.gif