Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

PDA by a Hijaabi.

Kool_Kat   

^Bal usheeg...Specially if that's Ayeeyo KK...Quraan intuu isaarilahaa buu yiri 'I won't have favorable view of you'... :(

Originally posted by Goodir:

^As a Muslim you shouldn't discriminate based on behavior. You supposed to correct bad behavior by providing sound advise with good approach.

Give a sound advice,"Let Allah Judge" group comes out of the woods. Seriously, you mean you don't judge...?

It's what you do with "judging" that matters!

Ayeeyo....I was thinking Wa Shamsi in lagu akhriyo :D

But come on, you know I love you. I will drive myself to any place that I would fix that situation smile.gif

Goodir   

^No. You judge the act not on the person. You point a finger at the bad behavior instead of the person I guess. But more important you approach and offer meaningful advice. Ain't our religion all about giving Naseexa after all?

Goodir   

Looking back at the deen, one is not supposed to allow a negative opinion crawl on his mind of a fellow Muslim? As a fact, the kitaab says 'half' of the opinions are plain sinful. Hard to achieve but where do you draw the line if you keep gathering negative opinions of every Muslim you run to?

Originally posted by Blessed*:

p.s the phrase 'let Allah judge' is becoming somewhat of a cliche in this forum. Pointing out the place of an action in our faith doesn't mean that we're dishing out passes to heaven or hell or in and out of Islam. We're supposed to be 'mirrors' of each other as Muslims and that involves the messy business of pointing out a 'blackhead' when we see one. And yes, I'm covered in blackheads myself. That still doesn't disolve me of my resposiblity towards my deen my fellow Muslims.
smile.gif

I agree 100% it is a strange phenomena

no matter how shameful the behavior as soon as you point it out, "don't judge" baa kaa hor imanaysa which is a backward way of looking at things.

besides xishood it is; xaaraan, you are not even allowed to talk about intimate acts between you and your spouse to strangers let alone putting on a demonstration for them. (giving them the benefit of the doubt ... in assuming that they are married)

to go off on a tangent; another strange one is the misuse of the word "hypocrite" if you tell your younger sibling, son , daughter to do something you consider would be good for them .. automatically you become a "hypocrite" if you do not do it yourself or didn't do it when you were their age.

isn't it natural for people to strive to want their child to be better than everyone including yourself ?

i'm not sure if I understood this clearly. Yes, they / we are supposed to live by a different code, which is supposed to cover every aspect of our lives.

Lol. Walaalo just because you wear hijab doesnt mean that you're supposed to be a model for all thats good. Ought to is not always what is ;) . Wether you're wearing hijab or shorts, it comes down to personal integrity. Do you beleive that a certain action is right(morally) go ahead, Nope? Then it is between you and your creator.

^ What one does is indeed between them and their Creator, but the behavior or actions of any couple "snogging" in public place is clearly Islamically wrong. There are no any ambiguities there unless religion is relative thing. Pointing out something Islamically wrong is not judging! I think that's what Blessed is trying get at.

Geeljire -Sheekadaas, do as I say, not as I did waaye icon_razz.gif

Goodir ..I try to remember what's good about a person instead what's bad, but the actions of the person does determine how you react to him/her wether we wanna admit or not. I try my best to hold their actions against him/her, but there are indeed times one won't able to reconcile or seperate the person from the action.

Goodir   

^Of course as a human being, we can't control certain aspects of our behavior but the kitaab teaches otherwise. I like to agree with you if you are refering to the so-called Muslims of Somalia shedding blood day and night.

CH: I am sure you'd agree if a bearded male dressed in khamiis and cimaamad were to expose himself in public, he would be dragging the deen in the mud beside dambigiisa? Whether we like it or not, we are role models to each other and expected us to follow the guidance to the best of our abilities. Blessed said it well when she said Muslims are mirror to each other.

CH: I am sure you'd agree if a bearded male dressed in khamiis and cimaamad were to expose himself in public, he would be dragging the deen in the mud beside dambigiisa? Whether we like it or not,

All I'm saying is I wouldnt be less shocked if it was a regular Farah with shorts on instead of the Khamiis wearing one.

we are role models to each other and expected us to follow the guidance to the best of our abilities.

Exactly. All Muslims ;)

Goodir   

Subxaanalaah. My innocent mind wili waxaas kuma soo dhicin. I was under the impression we were talking about minor bad behaviors but not a criminal act or qowm lut and its borderline. This is sickness. Najjeynaa.

Blessed   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

quote:i'm not sure if I understood this clearly. Yes, they / we are supposed to live by a different code, which is supposed to cover every aspect of our lives.

Lol. Walaalo just because you wear hijab doesnt mean that you're supposed to be a model for all thats good. Ought to is not always what is
;)
I accept that 'the ought to is not always what is', I accept that many young women are forced to wear hijab without understanding it's meaning and purpose but all this is beside the point, walaal. This action directly contradicts the very essence of hijab (hishma), which is the only reason that I pointed it out.

That no one is perfect does not mean we should down play the importance / benefits of Islamic injunctions. Down playing sins is actually worse than committing them. We all fall short and make mistakes, we should over look each others short comings.. but we still have a duty to call a spade a spade (enjoin good and forbid evil) not only to benefit others but because we're also subjected to Allahs judgement, do you get my meaning?

Originally posted by Goodir:

Subxaanalaah. My innocent mind wili waxaas kuma soo dhicin. I was under the impression we were talking about minor bad behaviors but not a
criminal act
or qowm lut and its borderline. This is sickness. Najjeynaa.

Actions are action no matter how minor or major. Would you still judge that person. And it is funny you said criminal and hence described the man's penal terms. Now imagine if the said woman in this story flashed her boobs, or a man exposed his himself-we wouldn't be having this discussion. Everybody would have been send her to jail!