Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

RAMADAN AFFAIRS

Burnt my sambusa’s yesterday.

Juxa am with you…I miss being home for Ramadan. Lucky Malika enjoying Ramadan in tz. Lucky lucky woman. Where do you get the time to cook @ juxa? p.s you can always cook for me.

p.s.s JB- am with you on that one but am until 3pm.

Juxa   

CL, yesterday i got home at 5 and started cooking, it was quick actually all depend on how well you prepare before hand.

and CL please please come and join us for afdaarta, you are more than welcome. i like ramadan where people eat, laugh, go for tarweeh and make it joyous occassion (like in hooyo's house)

lucky malika indeed

You must be amazing then Juxa. I got home earlier than you and still managed nothing. Permanent headache wouldn’t let me do anything.

So what did you make the prep; and do you wake up early to plan for this…*how I hate kitchen goddesses

Thanks for the invite and yes do send it along when ure up for feeding more mouths.

Juxa   

far from being a goddess dear, just make simple things, take out hilibka in the morning before going to work.

make simple soups, salads (hot or cold) and one yummy dinner.

also make fruit coctails ama mushakal for afdaarta as it is hard to eat before taraweeh prayers. this will tie you over.

invite is open one, just say yahooooy when you ready insha allah

^what time are you lot breaking fast?

For the Londoners, what does your calendar say re suhur and iftar times? I have seen significant differences. Didn't think it would be that different within London.

Somalina   

Originally posted by Juxa:

empty as in cunadii baa laga cunay and they need washing or empty because you never cooked

maan fahmin, slow day today

The latter Juxa. icon_razz.gif

I'm not a fan of dirty dishes.

For the Londoners, what does your calendar say re suhur and iftar times? I have seen significant differences. Didn't think it would be that different within London.

Morning people.

I actually want to know that too. My calendar states suhur is at 3.55am but the Islamic channel says 3.09am (around that time) so am confused, so much so that I simply don’t wake up.

Can someone clarfy this please.

p.s as for Iftar time am torn between; the Islamic channel, peace tv and my calendar.

N.O.R.F   

For suhur, some Muslims stop eating a while before Fajr athaan (Imsak). This is usually 15 mins before the athaan. Others eat until Fajr athaan.

Sheh, just before 7pm

Ibtisam   

Sheh & Lily, you should stop eating the latest at 3.50 haada, that is when the first athan goes at the mosque. 3.09 is when Suhur starts I would guess.

As for iftar; currently all the mosques are around 8.33 give or take but it is coming back slowly. Islam Channel is in time with East London Mosque and Baker Street. Don't use Sunrise radio, they are always very early (India time maybe). Calendar is not reliable because at the time they did it, wa estimation on when they thought Ramadan was starting.

Juxa   

yesterday a very kind colleague agreed to give us islamic lectures during lunch hour to increase our imaan in this holy month

one of the subject covered was about zakat-ul-maal. most of us know it is currently 2.5% but i always thought you had to have £££££ of savings for it to become payable.

also zakat on gold is worrying thing, i am told if it is for personal use, none is payable. but i dont understand personal use once in a year or two maku jirtaa mise you must adorn yourself on daily basis

Ibtisam   

Gold iyo Geel wa la isku cadaba. Anigu I even add on the gold I wear all year around mar ka la so miisamayo. Once a year is not personal use, waad iska heesa kuwaas. Iska biix zakadah.

Can all London SOLers please poll their zakah together and give it to this great organisation, ADT aa la daaha. I walked past the other day and they were even collecting from people in bus stops. Such a good cause.