Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

I'm jst curious..A question for all

-Lily-   

Yes I would decline, parents may have good intention at heart & want only goodness for you but this theory that parents know what's best for you is quiet flawed.

Aaliyyah   

^^ xita cyber bariis noma quudhid miyaa....bas wayahay maxaan qabana noo sheeg walaal...

Lily why decline before you even got to know the brother? why not get to know him and if you don't like him then tell him to just go his own way...

Originally posted by -Lily-:

Yes I would decline, parents may have good intention at heart & want only goodness for you but this theory that parents know what's best for you is quiet flawed.

Unlike Aaliyah who gladly accepted her dad's choice,Caasiyad baad tahay,Liliyey. smile.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^You are a stalker adgiu! I've noticed how you pop up at all the right moments! lool Haha

Bella I'm on your side smile.gif No sly comments.

Aaliyyah   

Farah brown accepted? I only accepted to review my father's wish...thats all. It doesn't mean I will go with his decision merely I would look into it and take if it serves my interest.

^ Sure smile.gif

Originally posted by -Lily-:

FB, I have a lifetime of goody-shoeness behind me as credit, they would get over it
:D

Aaah,You sly lil thing, Odayga waad shukamisay ileen? smile.gif

Hubb   

Originally posted by Bella*Princesa:

As we all may know Umar ibn al khattab (radiyal lahu anhu) offered his daughter hafsa(radiyal lahu anha) to both Abu Bakr and Uthman ibn Affan(radiyal lahu anhuma) one after the other but they both declined because they knew that the prophet salalahu alayhiwasalam had expressed an interest in marrying her.

At the time Umar (radiyal lahu anhu) wasn't aware of this so subxanallah you could imagine how he must of felt...he just offered his daughter and they rejected, so when muhammed salalahu alayhiwasalm proposed to hafsa(radiyal lahu anha) Umar(radiyal lahu anhu) was delighted

So my QUESTION is for the GUYS..Inshallah im sure most of you all plan to get married one day and have children inshallah. So If Allah(swt) was to bless you with a daughter, how many of you would offer her to a noble brother who you know is seeking marrige?

Would you or wouldn't you, would you think it would be 'lowering' your status???

and for the LADIES, if your father was to present to you a noble, god fearing brother, would you decline?

share your thoughts...
:D

From what I hear, most Somali fathers find such task too daunting and embarrassing. so such idea does not work well for us.

It can be a frighting prospect to tell your parents that you are considering their suggestion considering the fact that they take it as a bold YES.My dad's friend's son claimed interest me.I thought it was a joke.I was then told of how he could not eat...scary.I have no definition of what type of guys I like and so I enquired of his looks,I was told that he had 'ilka cad cad'.I still laugh at that reply.I'm still considering....

Faynuus   

How many GOD fearing brothers are out there today? i mean the likes of those that existed during prophets time. If such men werer out there, YES i would gladly offer my daughter and would except if my father suggested.

But........ many parents especially fathers sell their daughters out to ****** irresponsible men who only ruined their lives.

Urban   

To answer the original question, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, and how the hell is that lowering your status?

If I saw good qualities in the boy, knows his deen, and wants to make a good life for himself, then I would ask him what he expects from a potential wife. If I like what I hear, then I'll just state the fact that there's a girl available and if he's interested to let me know.

It would be her decision at the end.

but I pray that I live long enough to have a family horta, Aamiin dheh!