Sign in to follow this  
Ladiif

What are the things that irritate u the most about living in the QURBOLANDS?

Ladiif   

Salaamz

I think every1 has something that he/she dislikes to an extent about living in these foreign lands where we have been living at least, for the last 10 yrs. However, there are those ones which touch ur nerve and make ur head spin out. There are things that make u wonna pack right at the moment and leave. Sometimes, you even question why in the world would u wonna live such as this qurboland. It makes u long for ur homeland; things fun and familar and wish u never left ur sweet home. It makes you feel like a captive and helpless. Can u list few of those?

Salaam

ManshAllah i could talk forever

but,here just a few!

I would wonna pack right away and leave, cause off the weather.

I have seen to much snow,i would love the go back home where it's nice and warm all the time!

Oh i wonder how it would look like iff i was home? Somalis here and somalis there, i guess i would see my favourite colour every where!

And knowing that ever one is a muslim back home makes everything much more beautifull....The ppl who life next door to us are chinese..And back home you would not have to worry about that cause ever one is your brotha and your sister...!

Home sweet home! :rolleyes:

Nice topic brotha ladiif!

Baashi   

Ladiif,

Yes...whenever there is news about kids being kidnaped by sick white grown-up men...and body turns up sexually abused, dead. Or when there is news about some teachers were molesting kids at their care. That makes me sick. This is not "the" place to raise family.

Honesita   

When i hear about the youngsters in this country committing the most violent crimes...!!!

When i see somalis not able to speak their mother tounge...!!!

When i see Somalis losing their culture...!!! When i see Muslims, losing their religion...!!! When i see the father of a household, the worst of them....!!!

When i cant stop spending money that i dont have...!!!

When old pple still have to work, when they're supposed to be sitting home, reading quran, playin' with their grandchildren....!!!

When i hear a somali sistah is pregnant out of wed lock...!!!

When a somali brotha goes to jail...!!!

When i cant do anything to change anything...!!!

Salaamz

La-y-La   

when I am constantly stared at 4 being a muslim

when I can no longer hear the kids playing outside after qado.

when I see more and more of ma ppl turning gainst each other.

when I come home to an empty house expecting hooyo and I realize she is thousands miles apart.

I am really tired of wadamadan, I cannot wait till summertime insha'Allah, me and Africa waan isna qaan.

peace.

Salaama

-The chaotic whether.......SNOW W/ COLD WINDS......and lil ole MOI is taking out the garbage....slippin n sliding on the pavement and almost breaking a hip.......and when it's extremely HOTTTT.....heat waves talk about......i wanna go back to that 80 degree all year whether...ahhhhhh

-Sexual conduct.....of ALL.......teachers humping students....babysitters molesting and killing the baby they should be caring for.....INCEST.....rape....

- Gruesome murders......talk about the missing life guard girl was found in PA.....her skull went that-a way....and her torso that-a way.

-Ignorance running the SYSTEM.....BUSH......BUSH....N BUSH.....need i say more

-FROZEN FOOD.....even after 11 years in the QURBO i still can't get over this...

- Stares when i'm walking down the street in my Khamar......calling beautiful Muslimahs "NINJA's"

-Black ppl blaming the white man for their fates.........when 2morrow is yet another day to fix what you couldn't 2day.

-Somali elders washing windows..........while the teenagers are driving the latest BMW.......and making the "paper" with ease

-An open Dugsii........but no STUDENTS inside

-Losing CONTACT WITH family......and blaming it on the parents.

-LACK of RESPECT for elders........Mary giving her granny sleeping pills so that she can go snick to that party.

-Somali boys(not to generalize)........who aren't attending school.......after all it is FREE!!!

-Familys falling apart........becuz their LACKING PATIENCE and STABILITY with one another

-No one to SCARE u straight.......neighbors aren't protecting one another........talk about in Somalia EVERYBODY was in ya bizniz... :D

And so on and so fourth

GODBLESS YA

waking up the 1st day of ciid and you don't see any decoration on the streetz or people saying "ciiid wanaagsan"

locking you doors

worrying about your life in the comming 20/30 years

not finding a real person to trust

Ibtisaam   

*The one thing that really irritates me the most about living in this Qurboland is FOOD ...This is haraam, that is haraam, that food has that in, this meet is haraam coz they didn't kill the animal probably so on and so forth. The other day someone told me that my favorite Ice cream is haraam and not to mention my favorite chewy as well :rolleyes: .

*Injecting chemicals into the veggies so that they can grow bigger and faster. No wonder why we have so much new diseases rooming around these days.

*Oh how can i forget to mention CLOTHS ... Thank God for the Somali shops though...But they need to improve on their tops, something that is more fashionable and yet not revealing.

*And lastly the weather!

Ladiif   

-Serial killers, Child molestors, ill-minded-Don't know who is who and who to trust.Ur neighbor, baby sitter, school teacher,banker, school bus driver or maybe ur own doctor could turned out to be one. Don't trust no one!!

-Police brutality on black man-It kills me to know that both u and I can be shot at any time by young white boys in the name of police-men and can get away without with no question asked.

-Seeing Assimilated and brainwashed somalis; young and and old let alone leaving their culture but also religion without knowing it. "Bidaari subiq bay kugu gashaa" What's up with these somali muslim bro/sis. in these funny outfits and hollering in the school hallways? Don't they know that Hollaween is PAGANS' traditions. O Ya Allah!

-I hate to be called ....a MINORITY or IMMIGRANT...while I have a rich, beautiful and hospitable land of ma own...but I guess I should blame myself since I put maself in this position.

-I hate to see those so-called experts, analysts get on Media and potray Muslims as Agreesive, antagonistics, blood hungary, and violent-driven ppl. Those ignorants don't know nothing about Islam but render some fabricated, propagandas and nonsensical stuff about Islam.

-Peace in Somalia: I'm tired of hoping, anticipating & waiting for a better tomorrow, day in day out....and seeing my hopes dying and fading away by the day.

O Ya Allah, we ask you for peace & tranquility at home and everywhere else muslims might be.AMIIIIN Allahaywo.

While reading most of the replies I stumpled upon one common replies that all the nomads have in common and that is fellow nomads leaving their culture and heritage or being brainwashed as one nomad described it. Well it's time for me to list the things that I abhore while being foreign states.

** I abhore to observe homesexuals fighting for equality in normal functioning society, for instances there are states (Vermont, Maine) where homosexuals can have legal marriages.

** I abhore to observe fellow nomads holding fundraising in order to benefit the warlords that are still lighting up the fire in our homeland.

** I abhore to observe when I witness fellow nomads being treated like an animals when It comes to legal authority because of their unavoidable accent.

** I abhore to observe when I witness fellow nomads being homeless in a foreign lands and that soliciting money to strangers.

** I abhore to observe when our children can no longer participate in our holly or traditional holidays whether it's (Ciid, Women's Day(March 31), Independence day( July...), and so on...) and that they became accustomed to those other christian holidays such as Chrismas day, Valentines Day, Thanks Giving day, and so on......

** I detest to see the existance of the BBC because that is the number one media or the cause that's lighting up the fire in the Somalian politics. Furthermore, BBC is where most politicians(Somali) are controlled.

** I detest to see when fellow nomads are being killed because of robbery, or other miscellenous crimes since they thought the War only existed on their homelands.

I can go on and .........on but the night I will sum it up

Peace

Love

&

Unity

I really hate having to work work and work and having no life. But what i hate even more youths not having any knowledge of their Diin and culture. Seing so many teenagers go to jail that is so sad especially in the Qurboland the things they learn in jail are wrost than what they have done b4 they want in.

Ladiif   

Mis_Nasima, there are many somalis who expressed their concerns about the somali kids going astray in these Qurbolands. This is a real issue and will have much impacts on us many years to come, unfortunately, not many somali parents do something about it or at least, realize it. They say, "A general is only as good as his army". Parens are to be blamed for this.

Few days ago, this somali guy who works in the HCHospiatl in Minneapolis, told me that lately he have seen many 11-14 yrs old somali girls who tested positive for drug abusive especially, "weed". I wonder where were their parents when their 11/12 yrs old doing those kind of shiidh.

Kruella   

I HATE more than anything in this world seeing Drag queens and homos assimilated in this society. I HATE going hungry because i can't find anything Halal nearby when i'm starving and i have to be content with a salad. I HATE people assuming just because we're immigrants we're not smart enough, people with their condescending attitudes irkes me. I HATE the fact that in all levels of this society we will never succeed financially unless we break our values and principals in one way or another or to some extent (in respect to dealing with riba).

Solution? Get an education and go back home where we can have the long withheld breath of relief.

Salam

The things that make me most irritated about living in the QURBOLAND

Is the loss of our individual pride , especially the pride of our community and that of our peoples.

We somalia's are a productive,proud , religious, and Authentically intellectual people.

We aren't supposed to be living in ghettos ( with the likes of drug dealers ) and surviving by begging for welfare.

I mean just look at our current situation,

**We have hundreds of our own youth rotting away in dumb ,backword,labour jobs,

**We've seen the sons of respected elders and sheekhs, become alcholics!

**we hear of wives pretending to be singal, just for some extra welfare money!

**We've even heard of Somali's living in co-hab relationships!

:(

I feel we've all subconsciously been degraded and insulted, out here in the QURBOLAND

AUN   

Indeed there are many things that irritate me which if I begin I can carry on and on and on But I want to say two things that are personal and make sick and hate QURBO

First the winter kills my moral and sometimes when I am about to go out of my flat and look at my windows I feel vow that I would never stay another winter here.

The second is the DOGS when they run to you wanting to play with you and sometimes you can do nothing other than shouting