Sign in to follow this  
B

Online Dating

Originally posted by chubacka:

^hahaha. there is some truth in somali sisters, especially practising ones wanting to marry out but majority still marry somali guys. An if some somali girls avoid faraaxs like the plague its only bcoz of their experience of them right?

You right Chubacka! faraxs are complaining xalimoyinka haba sheegin and most of these rumoured stories & allegations of each other are untrue tho marka xal aa la rabaa dadka la isugu so dhaweeyo.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Allamagan
That seems like an exaggeration sxb.

An insider [a friend of mine] told me that and of ocurse there is some true to it and it is common thing these days, ask any Londoner even our SOL resident, Mostapha Dualeh had his apps rejected just because he is a Faraxos. And it is an open secret that any somali sister who is looking for a marriage partner in these mosque circles makes herself very clear in her app. that a farax is not an option for her and will not be considered as a serious contender and will not be shortlisted ..down to the bin dheh!

Ms DD   

War Warsamayaasha waa la la' yahay. Idinka uunbaa isku sheekeyneysaan in hablihii rabin nin somali ah. Wax ka fiican ma jiro nin somali ah. Most ladies I know also dig their Farahs, aan jafjafano Allahaba ka dhigee.

With regards to online dating, I dont see a problem with itto be honest. it is just another avenue to find a potential partner esp if you are not so much involved in ur community. Even if you are, your chances still remain slim as there is no where pple to meet. Not with the number of weddings seggregating the sexes.

I say go for it Mustapha, broaden your horizen but do the ladies a favour... Beenta daa. That might hinder ur chances.

Juxa   

lool@beenta daa

i agree with you abaayo! i cant imagine faarax la aantii lool, jafjaf xoogan industrial kind haba ubaahnaadee.

i think many parents biggest fear is their daughters bringing ajnabi, muslim or otherwise. they prefer mid ey af-fahmayaan

caliyoow kaalay southal igee dhihi karaan freely.

Allamagan Maybe there's some true, but it's hard going that far as publicly admonish. Honestly, if I were to foriegn, and she speaks ill of her people, I wouldn't respect her. It's hard to win the respect of others when you yourself don't respect your origins.Any Xalimo that doesn't understand is simply dumb.

Mosthapha Sometimes, the most unconvential way works best, not evil about it.

Juxa I think it's fear of having grandkids with no semblance of Somaliness. My niece is biracial and is exposed positively to Somali, now he speaks the language and understand Somalis.

Juxa   

che, waa runtaa, it also varies family to family.

anigu where i come from, muslin uun keen bey aheed, altho preference was with mid layaqaan meeshuu ka yimid (somali ah).

at this time i think alot of families have qaraabo ajnabi ah.

Ms DD, maamadaa waa runteed

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by juxa:

I think KK and I were twins in past lives walahi, as soon as i saw the topic sheekadi sanbuuska igu soo dhacday.

Maxaa ladhihi jiray 'Great minds think alike'... :D

LOOOOOL @ KK she is always qarxis people!!! Memory like an elephant, she remembers what people posted two years ago and so qoof!! LOL

Ibti, what? This was just a few dayz ago...This is what happens when reer SOL darbiyadooda wax lagusoo qorto... :D

Although, I personally wouldn't go outside of the Faarax Faradhuub iyo Cabdi Cago Baasto circle, I see nothing with dating qof aan Soomaali eheen...At the end of the day, as long as one is happy with their significant other, that's all that matters...

Baluug   

Originally posted by Dabshid:

^You had your chance, but it is true There is something about Somail girls and converts.

No one told me I only had one shot, does this mean I have to find a woman from another country or die lonely? :(

Originally posted by Che:

I have always been suspicious of those things-never knew why the same set of people attend same lectures about the same subjects. There's always disproportionate number of Somali, Moroccan, and at times Indian women. It's like buffet, and if I'm there, I will be like black man on corn bread and barbecue ribs.N the nauseating sister, brother, sister, brother, I mean come, If I'm checking your tail, you ain't my sister
icon_razz.gif

LOOOOOOOOL :D:D

Juxa   

^^ if you were in london dhulka madhacdeen, guys like you are in great demand, so sell your truck and ship yourself over here.

lol@che, walaalkaa maahi

Baluug   

I would've moved to London already if I could, I absolutely fell in love with that place, and I think I already told you my mom was born in England, so it wouldn't be too tough to get baasaboorka Ingriiska.

But my whole family is over here in Alberta, not to mention that I'm the only child so I'll be looking after my parents when they get old insha Allah so as much as I'd love to move to a much better place(and trust me, almost anything is better than Calgary) I think I'll be staying put for a long time.

I took myself off the xaliimo market a while ago anyways, so it really doesn't matter for the time being. A gem such as myself can't be taken by just anyone, y'know :D

Juxa   

xalimo market is over-rated. be united colors of benneton and try others:)

indeed you are a gem maasha allah

^LooooooL@you are gem, does mean you will set him with your cousin.

But wait:

xalimo market is over-rated

:D:D:D

Don't put him on pedestal without an actual prey for him to chew on icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Juxa   

for our 'brother' the sky is the limit nooh. dhulka madhacayo. so if xalima market is not longer attractive to him then hey..,meelo kale kabadan right.

as for the cousin, i would have eeh most are married, inta hartana too young

^ Juxa You should have been a diplomat, but good thing Cadaan lives in multi-racial society :D

As for the Xalimo market being over-rated, they still have something going atleast in the "Islamic Lecture Circles" and "Clubbing Circles", but they became the familiar, no longer exotic, exciting and unattainable. They are like the Ipod , but the Iphone (I don't know yet what ethnic group is Iphone-perhaps the Bushwomen of the Kalahari)is driving them out of business.