Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Iman: Michelle Obama No 'Great Beauty'

Chimera   

Sabriya - Ayaan & Iman are one in the same both serve western audiences in different ways, Ayaan went Salman Rushdi on us, while Iman like the article said allowed herself to be abused by being portrayed as a Savage girl from the Jungle, it bothers me that sisters actually look up to this weak minded character and think she is worth defending or worse emulating.

maybe it's simply due to ignorance of their true female rolemodels such as scientists, entrepreneurs, engineers, Heroines who didn't have to go naked to succeed in life, that would make them feel this way.

Her remarks didn't offend me because the American first lady means nothing to me.

Poker   

Originally posted by Daandurreey:

quote:Originally posted by Poker:

Look who she sleeps next to, old white rocker who happens to be a fogut. Michelle on the other hand is the wife of Mr. Obama. The hope and the dreams of the slaves....who happens to be an Afircan and the president of the United States of America.

uuuuuf. adiga gebar maa taheey? how do you judge which man is good to sleeps next to? Aqaas.

also you are being wierd with that "accent" nonsense. iman came to US as a grown adult. you change accent when you come here young. neces maxaa isaga dhigee walaalkiis?

iman is an accomplished woman. her company has revenue of $25 million per year in the US alone. she may have an afrikaan accent but she is very articulate and makes more money than Michelle Obama would ever make.

watch Video here

Lol@Michelle obama would ever make.

Are you kidding me? The woman is the first lady of the WORLD and she owns AMERICA.

BTW, the mora of my point was that IMAN has a very LOW SELF STEAM and Michelle doesn't. Now tell me who is beautifull. She has no place to judge anyone.

I wonder how manytimes dhe went under the knife. :D

Aaliyyah   

I never said anything abt her being a role model, all I asked you was not to talk of her in a negative way. It is just unnecessary even if you don't agree with her career choice.

salaam

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by Sabriya:

^kan hadad shukansi u taqanid ilaahay haku sahlo
icon_razz.gif

Sabriya nuura, Salaan sare Abayo. Seed ii Tahay? Sow iima quruxsanid...Bal sawir aad si heer Sare ah u gashay bal..soo..Aha..Ehem. .?

Shukaansi 101. smile.gif

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

^Kaas waa shukaansi caato ah oo tabcaan ah oo faraha kutaagan habo...
:D

Heheh. Yool baar aa la dhaha. Shukaansi ma ahan, Saa ula soco habo? :D

The Zack   

Originally posted by Adam-Zayla:

maybe it's simply due to ignorance of their true female rolemodels such as scientists, entrepreneurs, engineers, Heroines who didn't have to go
naked
to succeed in life, that would make them feel this way.

^ Indeed! One doesn't have to go naked to be successful in life.

Buuxo   

Miskiin Imaan.This sounds like me giving sincere compliments.But always comes out wrong.

Cara.   

I honestly would feel flattered if someone said that about me, so I don't see what the fuss is all about. It's ridiculous that in this day and age, people still think the only true validation for a woman is her looks :rolleyes:

Adam, weren't you going gaga about that other Somali model a few months ago? Isn't she also "getting naked" to succeed? Frankly, I know very little about Iman and don't plan to learn anymore, but your attacks on her are a little confusing. Did she tarnish the incredibly flattering image of Somalia? Is the world suddenly getting a negative vibe from the Horn of Africa that trumps the usual images of starving children, rank stup!dity and general lawlessness? Your zealous patriotism is welcome, but occasionally it's healthy to get some perspective, son. Iman doesn't have to spin tall tales to convince the world that we are a pack of savages. 18 years of murder and mayhem speak for themselves.

MZanzi   

AdamZ Stop calling the OLD women 'tramp' .You're only shining a spotlight on your ciyaalnimo level of ignorance Duq hooyada la'eg baad cyper cafe ka ceyneysaa. shame on you

Abtigiis   

Duqda hooyadii la'eg maxaa iyadda dajiska u geliyey ee suuqa keenay?!! Iman iyo Michelle isma dhaamaan, waa laba faasiqiin ah, laakiin in Gabadh Soomaliyeed islaan jareer ah oo Baantu ah la ag dhigo damiirkay danqaysaa. Ahey ah!

I don't like Iman iyo noocyadda jidhkooda ka gancsada literally.

FU-FU salaams

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by Cara:

Adam, weren't you going gaga about that other Somali model a few months ago? Isn't she also "getting naked" to succeed?

Good point. I was about to ask him the same question.

Abtigiis   

Ismahan,

Adam is right. She is indeed getting naked to succeed. Do you doubt it?

FF - roob weyn. Adigu ma sidii baad daydayga u lugooysaa?