Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Iman: Michelle Obama No 'Great Beauty'

s-IMAN-large.jpg

NEW YORK (AFP) – US First Lady Michelle Obama is not a "great beauty," but will "just get better with age," Iman, one of the first black supermodels, says in a magazine interview.

"Mrs Obama is not a great beauty," the Somali-born model and wife of rocker David Bowie tells Parade magazine's Sunday issue, reflecting on the first black US first lady, who is a lawyer by training and a former executive.

"But she is so interesting looking and so bright. That will always take you farther. When you?re a great beauty, it?s always downhill for you. If you?re someone like Mrs Obama, you just get better with age," she said.

Iman, 53, also told Parade that her rise to catwalk superstardom did not free her from racism.

"You suddenly represent a whole race, and that race goes, ?Well, that person does not represent our ideals of beauty.? For lack of a better term, it becomes what it was like during slavery," she said.

"One had the field n...(expletive) and the house n...(expletive). There was this notion that I was chosen by white fashion editors to be better than the rest, which I am not. I did not like being thought of as the house n...(expletive)."

Source

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

"But she is so interesting looking and so bright. That will always take you farther. When you?re a great beauty, it?s always downhill for you. If you?re someone like Mrs Obama, you just get better with age," she said.

She hit the nail on the head with the above statement...

reactions from Huff Readers

photo

Iman is full of crap. I can't remember her EVER having been portrayed as a "house n---er" That is an American problem. Maybe she is trying to identify with American blacks, but this woman has always been presented as Ethiopian royalty, cultured and exotic--all of which she is.

Michelle Obama is a woman with "IT." Classical beauty? Who cares. The whole charismatic package is what has made her a star.

The only style error I've seen her commit was that horrendous choice of black/red dress she wore on the evening of her husband's nomination. It played terribly to the cameras, and someone should have helped with that choice

She is Somalian, not Ethiopian.

African Americans are fuming with anger at Iman for saying that. I think her words were misconstrued and spun sensationally. I don't think Iman was knocking the first lady down. I think she was just highlighting the shortcomings of being born pretty and how age affects people differently. To me it seems sort of compliment that went south. :D

The media took the first quote and run with it.

Here is the full article on Parade Magazine and see if Iman really meant to attack Barack's wife.

http://www.parade.co m/celebrity/2009/05/ iman-you-get-better- with-age.html

Poker   

I can only imagine Iman talking with that UGLY and HEAVY accent of hers! Walaa xawlaa....after 50 yrs in America and she still talks like that.

Iman is so ****** to make such comments. Look who she sleeps next to, old white rocker who happens to be a fogut. Michelle on the other hand is the wife of Mr. Obama. The hope and the dreams of the slaves....who happens to be an Afircan and the president of the United States of America.

Now tell me who is better looking?

Who the f is Iman to even talk? Cougar-pirates really shouldn’t be talking. Granted, I am sure
Iman is dating the sexiest pirate in all on (sic) Somalia
:D:D

blacksnob

The liberal left has insisted on making the Obama’s celebrities as opposed to world leaders. They have insisted on declaring that both Barack and Michelle Obama are all things to all people, including THE MOST attractively beautiful people there are. Michelle Obama was even included in Maxim’s Top 100 hottest women of 2008.
Does the First Lady of the United States aspire to be identified as one of the ‘hottest women’ by a men’s magazine along with models, sex kittens and actresses?
I would hope not.

rightpundits

:D

Poker-Everybody has accent, and there's nothing wrong with, but seriously she should have just kept to herself though I do believe Michelle is not all that great looking, but true accomplishments wise, Iman has nothing on Michelle.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Poker:

I can only imagine Iman talking with that UGLY and HEAVY accent of hers! Walaa xawlaa....after 50 yrs in America and she still talks like that.

:D:D

Bad move by Iman. Negative press for her from now on.

Originally posted by Poker:

Look who she sleeps next to, old white rocker who happens to be a fogut. Michelle on the other hand is the wife of Mr. Obama. The hope and the dreams of the slaves....who happens to be an Afircan and the president of the United States of America.

uuuuuf. adiga gebar maa taheey? how do you judge which man is good to sleeps next to? Aqaas.

also you are being wierd with that "accent" nonsense. iman came to US as a grown adult. you change accent when you come here young. neces maxaa isaga dhigee walaalkiis?

iman is an accomplished woman. her company has revenue of $25 million per year in the US alone. she may have an afrikaan accent but she is very articulate and makes more money than Michelle Obama would ever make.

watch Video here

http://www.businessw eek.com/smallbiz/con tent/mar2009/sb20090 32_912291.htm

Blessed   

Why are people comparing Iman and Michelle? It's like comparing apples and oranges and really who gives a hoot what some model thinks of the first lady? Did you guys see how her man looks at her?

Aaliyyah   

^^ *sighs* isn't that romantic Blessed lol

Iman simply said the lady was not a great beauty, that still means she's pretty just not too pretty or model like. And again Iman did emphasize that she was bright and all that. so ease up.

salaam