Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

My dialemma

chubacka   

I work in a school in which everyting has to go thru the head teacher. This woman (the head) does NOT like ppl leaving work or being away from work.

Basically she is fine with you if you dnt take a day off.

Prob is I have taken a number of odd days off, to go to interviews for other postions calling in saying "i really, really sick, i tink the end is near."

Neway 2mrw inshallah my mum is leaving to go somaliland to see my gran who is ill, my mum leaves for the airport at 2, i finish school at 3:30.

Should i pull another sickie and risk having a "quiet word" wid that woman, or say goodbye to my mum tonite, or try and ask to let me have afternoon off which she will never do in a thousands years.

Neway outside opinions wanted plz.

Wot wood u do?

Pujah   

Don’t call off go into work and let her know that you will have to leave early because your mother is leaving the country and you need to take her to the airport as well as see her one last time since she will be away for extended period of time

Hope that helps

Abwaan   

Chuba...I understand the dilemma here and I can see you really want to accompany mum to the airport. Do you have very important issues that you can't miss at the school during the afternoon? If there isn't any then there is no reason why the head shouldn't let you go if you tell her your plans.

Unless mum has no one else to take her, I wouldnt recommend you to miss it tomorrow specially if the job is permanent.

So like Puuja said b4 me try to persuade the head to let youu go.

Malika   

Chubaka,

Couldnt you have applied for leave of absence,and had done so in weeks notice, so the school can organise cover for you if in need to.

She will probably have a quite word with you if you had more than your fair share of sickies this year.In order to also secure a good reference from her you will need to improve your attendance,this is one of the vital information any new employer would ask your referee.

So my two pence of advice is dont risk it, am sure you can say good bye to your mum the night before...unfortunately as adults we do have committed our selves to our jobs as well as our families..

Aaliyyah   

^^^lol@ does your mom need hand holding, that is harsh Sheh. You know how much our parents have been through, I think driving them to an airport or showing them how much they matter is small thing they could ask for.

Chuba walaal I agree with Muniira you should have gave her two weeks notice. But, since you haven't and that u actually took so many days off before. I would say just go to work, and say bye to yr mom the night before. I am certain there is prolly other family members that could drive her to the airport.

wa salaamu alaikum

--------------------

Dadyow, dadyow u dadaala

Nabad Nabad

Somali u diida ceeb

naftiina u diida cay

chubacka   

Sher, its me that needs to hold my mums hand ok? u happy now?!

An in a school u cnt take other holidays other dan the ones dey give u...

Neway I quickly saw my mum at lunch, sed quick goodbye, she prob on da plane now.

Plz make dua for her inshallah that she has a safe journey and thx 4 all ur advice

xxxx

Castro   

Originally posted by chubacka:

Neway I quickly saw my mum at lunch, sed quick goodbye, she prob on da plane now.

What school do you attend where they teach this peculiar style of writing?

^^^

I would sure love to know that too. :D

Anyways, if you’re truly faced with this dilemma than do as ‘puuja’ said. Tell them you would have to leave early due to your mother’s departure. If she can’t understand that, than you are communicating with the wrong person.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by chubacka:

What school do you attend where they teach this peculiar style of writing?
Its the text twang ya Castro.

chubacka   

Lol Castro

Im working 2 establish a quiker way of communicating in riting...

That dumb teacher will nt let me teach da kidz dis innovative way of communicating.

She ruins EVERYTHIN! :mad:

-Lily-   

You call this a dilemma? Get your mum to get a cab and say goodbye the night before. Easy way out.