Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

MARC SMITH***The Trouble With Somaliland*** VIDEO EXLUSIVE

kk, aah you throw those words around so easily ..

serenity i think i preferred the logical borg

L-XXX lagama tagin oo uun waa la hilmaamey

Originally posted by Baashi:

If stabilty and progress is the sole reason you support secessionist's agenda to dismember Somalia then what do you make of the mess that will follow the imposed recognition secessionists are seeking. As you may know there are parts of SL that oppose secession; places such as majority of Sool and the newly formed state of Maakhir -- both pro unionists provinces.

A referendum in these regions should solve the problem. Would the the likes of you accept SL's independence here-after, I wonder?

CG, make sense, will ya?

Emperor   

Caano Geel and Laba Xiniyood, that is the spirit of love, that of nationalism, the love for the Somali people in all corners of the world.

Serenity, a slap from you would be like a bless, Reer Awdal waa Karamatul Awliyaa ayaan maqlay :D ... Viva reer Awdal..

PS: My love for Somaliland is beyond the limit, I just wan't to stay with them. I have a better Idea, Is there a way that I can join and become a citizen of Somalia Lands... Seriously wouldn't it be a relief for you should you sought to bring on board anybody who couldn't stand you lose away, Yes invite us to SL, its time you turn your cards and invite us all to join you this time, the SL republic of all Somalis...

Baashi   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

A referendum in these regions should solve the problem. Would the the likes of you accept SL's independence here-after, I wonder?

Ah! now you are making sense! Absolutely. Referendum is what is needed. The trouble with that is what region would you wanna held the referendum in? In former British Protectorate territories? in Sool, Ceyn, and now Maakhir? In Somalia as a whole?

Use your noodles and don't seek an escape goat in xaasidnimo lame line now. Convince me or the forum what region(s) should referendum be limited to and why?

Gabbal   

Serenity saying "majority of" is a loaded word and especially in this case of Awdal in regards to the Somaliland case. By Boqor Raabi's on reckoning, during his testimoney at the summer traditional elders' conference, "majority of" people in Awdal favor a united Somalia but the circumstances, i.e anarchy in the south in conjunction with the large SNM clan to their east, prevent them from speaking out the truth. What say you?

N.O.R.F   

Aha, the usual suspects with the usual arguments. The only time SL people may have considered a re-unification was when the ICU was in power. Today, with a warlord for president and Ethio tanks roaming the capital, I dont think one has a case to stand on so to speak. As I said when first joining this forum (a long time ago now), Somalis needs to sort itself out prior to talking about Somaliland. That process has taken two steps back.

In the mean time I'll seek my own pastures.

^North, sing with me brother,

We are family

I got all my sisters and brothers with me

We are family

Get up ev'rybody and sing

Ev'ryone can see we're together

As we walk on by

(FLY!) and we fly just like birds of a feather

I won't tell no lie

(ALL!) all of the people around us they say

Can they be that close

Just let me state for the record

We're giving love in a family dose

We are family

I got all my sisters with me

We are family

We are family

We are family

Living life is fun and we've just begun

To get our share of the world's delights

(HIGH!) high hopes we have for the future

And our goal's in sight

(WE!) no we don't get depressed

Here's what we call our golden rule

Have faith in you and the things you do

You won't go wrong

This is our family Jewel

We are family

We are family

Fabregas   

Waxa la yidhi from ila dhow dhow lagu kalson yahey that Ooodweyne is preparing a 300 minutes video refutation of Mr Marcus Smith. Am just joking ha ha.

Marc, wen will wee see a video on your first natian ie Mali? Mali and Zeylac that is sum deep history theree.....

@Northerner, the Somalilanders wanted unification with the I.C.U? Who said that? If Alshabab attacked the "apostate" (as they see it) government of Somaliland would they get support?

@to the others, who said Awdal is hijacked and been held against it's will? This is often regurgitated in this forum and the only real reason I can think of is simply because they don't belong to the majority clan in Burco and Hargeysa. Some will even claim that the entire Somaliland populace is being held against its will and doesn't support seperation.I have even read( from Somali opponents) that if you belong to another clan you will get killed in Hargesya and Burco, again waxa la yidhi with no evidence! So if the old colonel would march( as some pray for) to Burco Hargeysa everyone would welcome him with open arms and wave the Somali flag? I doubt it.

N.O.R.F   

Caano Geel, get rid of the warlords, Ethios and bring me a 'viable' option then I may just sing in my tone def voice :D . In the meantime, it is pointless talking about Somaliland when Somalia has the before-mentioned ills running shop.

GJ,

No reunification with ICU but a lot of support in terms of what they stood for (no warlords, an Islamic perpective on governance and law).

who said Awdal is hijacked and been held against it's will? This is often regurgitated in this forum and the only real reason I can think of is simply because they don't belong to the majority clan in Burco and Hargeysa.

Remember SL was a one clan entity? Today reer Awdal are being held prisoner :D

Paragon   

By Boqor Raabi's on reckoning, during his testimoney at the summer traditional elders' conference, "majority of" people in Awdal favor a united Somalia but the circumstances, i.e anarchy in the south in conjunction with the large SNM clan to their east, prevent them from speaking out the truth.

Some say reer Awdal are going through ashuun-ku-aadaan period in history. The few friends I have from the region hint at such a thing but who knows about those on the ground?