Sign in to follow this  
money

Beautiful and Colorful Somali Family!

money   

Xaqiraadu xitaa waxeey ka socotaa even in the cyber world. Zack, the people in the picture are Somalis (Somali Bantu). Not all Somalis are faradheer and jileec. And to let you know, I grwew up with Somali Bantus. My neighbors were all Reer Shabeelle who came to Mogadishu originally from Qallaafe, now under Ethiopian Occupation. Among them was my first English teacher, the first Somali Bio-chemist who was the head of ASPIMA, Somali pharmaceuticals, a Musician, a famous architect that was known all over Xamar as the Mooto daba ku xidigle who later because of his business entrepreneurial spirit had the biggest villa and best SUVs in the Xaafad.

These Somalis in the picture live in Salt Lake City, in Utah. I know and met some of them ...so please suubso afkaaga - Somaali ineey is xaqirto oo laan gaab iyo laan dheer isku disho ayaa na keentay inta ..but we can't afford that now.

AGAIN, the beautiful ladies and children in the pic are 100% Somalis and proud of their Somali-ness. you can't take that away from them. They represent Somalia each year, specially the Somali week which coincides the celebration of our independence days of 26 June (Somaliland), 27 June (Djibouti) and July 1st ( Somalia Republic).

What do you do to represent Somalia? Sit in coffee place and talk about Qabiil, nonesense and pure ignorance?

Abyan   

Originally posted by money:

AGAIN, the beautiful ladies and children in the pic are 100% Somalis and proud of their Somali-ness. you can't take that away from them.

Afkaaga caano lagu qabay..

Kool_Kat   

The Zack, Somali see u egyihiin horta? The typical Somali maa ka hadlee with the football field forehead, timo jilic, iyo ilko dhaadheer oo jiirada intaa lasoo galin 'salaamu caleyku kudhahaayo'? Somali oo dhan saas uma wada eka...

African, oo Soomaali ma dadka kalee ka fiican yihiin? Hadii ladhoho Kenyan bey u egyihiin ma caaybaa? Iyaah...I am sure hadii ladhihi lahaa 'hindi' ee u egyihiin in loo gafay looma arkeen...Nothing wrong with looking like your African brothers/sisters...After all African lee nehee...Mise Carab aa nagu jirto? icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif Rawka neeg da'iga? Ees hatay?

As for the pic, goodness gracious, dahab meeshaasuu ku dhamaaday!!! Qatar...Reminds me of my ayeeyo 'alaha u naxariistee', cilaanka iyo dahabka iyo labiska...Oh how I missed home and being sarounded by ayeeyooyinkeen, habaryaryaasheen, eedooyinkeen, hooyooyinkeena quruxdooda iyo shacnigooda... redface.gif :mad: :(

Money, thxn bro...Allaha anagoo hal eh, isna wada jecel natusi one day in the near future, inshallah...

The Zack   

Afromantic GirL, Somali qofkaan aheyn ma wax xun baa? Seen ugu gafay? I never said they are not beautiful.

Money, Are they Somali Bantus? OK, then they sure are Somalis and I am not doubting that. Lakin hal Ogow. The Somali Bantu (also called Beesha ****** weyne by ethnic Somalis) are a minority ethnic group in Somalia, a country largely inhabited by ethnic Somalis. Bantus primarily reside in southern Somalia, near the Jubba and Shebelle rivers. They are the descendants of people from various Bantu ethnic groups originating from what are modern-day Tanzania, Malawi and Mozambique who were brought to Somalia as slaves in the 19th century. Bantus are ethnically, physically, and culturally distinct from Somalis, and have remained marginalized ever since their arrival in Somalia.[1]

Those Bantu are not to be confused with the members of Swahili society in coastal towns – like the Bravanese or the Bajuni of Kismaayo – who speak the Bantu language Swahili.

Estimates of the number of the Somali Bantu vary widely, in general between tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands.

Money, If you are ethnically somali but was born and raised in the USA, even though you are an American, you are still Somali. Same here, if this family was born and raised in Somalia, they are still Tanzanians or wherever they are orignally from.

KK, lol Somalida waa wax waji dhuuban and yeah ilko dhaadheer, the above pictured family is more beatufil than an average Somali family.

The picture and the attire of the group is simply good and look Somali dress wise but the lady standing infront killed the image, she doesn't look so Somali dress wise...

Waa Somali Bantu, and they are as Somali as any other Somali ethnicities...

Skipper   

What a picture that is. I cant stop cursing my luck of missing out of that family reunion. Its time like this that i wish i was superman. The girl who is sitting at the back beside the woman who is drinking water is a dating material. Shiiiiid