Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Get the tea ready; I am about to write something

C&H (not to get in between you and Sherban's catfight )

Careful, Shabeel would be greatly offended. He may engage in "Cockfight" but never a "Catfight."
:D

but in all fairness conservation biologists have done far more for Rwanda than you have.

I never claimed to have done a single thing for Rwanda but I sure as hell wont get in their face and preach them on the importance of preserving wild life.

Long ago they recognized that the best way to preserve a natural habitat is to help the people it belongs to realize what a rich resource they have (google "Community-Based Conservation").

For every legitimate group that recognizes this glaring fact, there are 10 who dont. Also, what the F does getting convinced that you have "rich resources" and that you "should" save them help you with?
Entire industries exist in Rwanda that revolve around its national parks, industries that are run by Rwandans and for Rwandans.

And why is it scandalous if someone finds preserving a species more important than any individual human life?

It is NOT scandalous, it is irresponsible to place the life of animals above that of HUMANS.

How many luxuries do we engage in every day (buying a latte, eating out, going to see a movie, paying for internet/cell phone) that we could forgo to preserve a poor starving African child?

But thats not how the so-called "Envioronmentalists" would look at it. They would rather you sip the latte as long the milk is organic, eat at Coops, keep your internet to blog about the cool "Earth Events" coming up DUH! and watch documentaries about the Polar bears and Penguins.

icon_razz.gif

Somebody should teach C&H how to separate quotes and her replies. its like mixing chocolate and honey - tasteless/incomprehendible! - but they taste good (comprehendible)when they are eaten separately. :D

Chimera   

He is interested in you C&H, Ungalijua means ''my heart belongs to you'', war the brother is in love, light the candles, pop the vimto, invite the families, this is magic.

He is interested in you C&H, Ungalijua means ''my heart belongs to you'', war the brother is in love, light the candles, pop the vimto, invite the families, this is

Is that what it is? *gushes* :cool:

Prince,

I doubt that our significant others would appreciate such proposal. However, I can be persuaded to accept Zayid's heart while I keep mine to myself. smile.gif

NASSIR   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

On the dogs thing I was just mocking the gaalo and how they would jump up to save animals in a war torn country without a hint of shame.

On Riyaale, I was mocking him and praising him all at the same time. I think, on the whole, he did well to keep that place in one piece.

P.S.

Nassir & Showqi, pay no attention to my little scuffles with young B. He loves it (trust me, he does).

Alright but I give u this title from now on.

Caaqil Ngonge so then the young generation can get their note books ready and act on your wisdom. :D