Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

What I see,,,,,,,,

N.O.R.F   

What I see,,,,,,,,

As I type this, my office is getting a spring clean by an under-paid and over-worked employee of a cleaning company. He does a 12 hours shift each day. He doesn’t get the chance to simply chill as he is working seven days a week. He doesn’t get to see his family for 2 years at a time and his employer illegally holds his passport. These companies are Indian and Indians are the masters of exploiting the weaker. It’s just the way it is.

But he is lucky. He is not dangling off a high rise building in sweltering heat with minimum safety standards and a non-existent health and safety law. He is not being told to climb a scaffolding wearing his flip-flops as the safety boots are for engineers only. He is not malnourished nor does he have any physiological problems.

I see exploitation, I see globalisation, and I see racism all in the name of creating an emerald in the desert.

That’s my rant for this week

What do you see?

-Lily-   

Mine is nothing as dramatic as yours but this is what I see

I'm quiet shuffed to have gotten the desk near the window, not for its view of some ugly office buildings, the BT tower and so on, but at least when you get your head out of the work you can see the sky and feel slightly alive.

It's to cold for a walk outside so here I am. I'm still thinking about the author I had a phone conversation with earlier, who was working on her new book in her cottage in France, wishing I could be in her shoes.

I dread the journey home, must find new route.

Unfortunately it's all about me me me,

What do you see?

me   

The walls getting painted, as I type I am getting high on the fumes. I can't wait to spill coffee over them as soon as the painter leaves. what else, people gossiping, outside its a sunny day with clear skies, if i didn't know better I would think its summer, but I know that as soon as i step outside the icy wind will slice me up. Hmmmm, I think I will go to the bathroom now, lock myself in for 20 minutes,maybe take a little nap there.

what do you see?

Miskin   

He is indeed lucky in more ways than one. Atleast he has the chance to earn a living however small, he has the chance to live in peace, he has the chance to feed his family back home, he has the chance to taste freedom (although limited you may argue) and atleast he is not afraid of being blown up on his way to work.

We take these things for granted, and ony those who don't have it know what its like.

I see un-gratefullness, i see people taking things for granted, i see me me me me me me attitude.

What do you see

Jamster   

I see fat Xaliimos pretending to be cool (i am at univ) while they are being so hopelessly lonely.

and becayuse of I see, myself in 10 years time being single because of lack of intelligent, driven and genuinely interesting sisters.

I in my I heard I see me being happy because of this.

Miskin   

Based on the way you are conducting your self i will not be surprised to see you single in 30 yrs.

Mind you generalisation is a simple of ignorance, and you have generalised.

Shakti   

"I think I will go to the bathroom now, lock myself in for 20 minutes, and maybe take a little nap there"loooooooooooool

better yet, look 4 out of sight desk n go under it!

i see i have entered the depressing thread accidentally...oyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pujah   

I see bloody Indians everywhere and I am getting sick of smelling that awfully smelling crap they call food…cant they just get out of the office or eat something normal :mad:

Mowgli   

I see what I've been working towards all my life right in the palm of my hand..and suddenly...it doesn't look so appealing

choices choices choices...oh how i miss the days were the most difficult choice i had to make was what colour crayon to use.

STOIC   

I see a woman who thinks she is the most beautiful woman on earth, but I think she is a self-centered person who uses her beauty to shape what others think of her.I see a woman who is showing apple-polishing flaterry to me.I wish her beauty was an illusion that is being used to foster self-esteem.Damn she is beatiful and good for a snap-shot, but ain't worth a share of my attention after I listened to her talks.I see a woman whose stream of her behaviour and self-centered ego making her look like an Amazon creature (though I wish she was).I see a woman with a small nose and nice back.I need to scream deep down to her that Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind.Damn she is beautiful.......

^^It's all ways the looks that men are attracted to women adeer. You'd want for your children to have her looks and your brain.

Dont listen to her talks just ask her if she likes yours!