Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

This I believe

Castro   

^ Now you're messing with atheerkay Baashi. Watch out. He's got a big Bud!

Atheer, there's no necessity in any of this. A voice is a voice is a voice. Perversion is another matter. Next thing you know, some dude may salivate over the words Bishaaro writes on here.

With characteristic abandon, I prematurely smoted my thighs and cried: SOL audition ho!; why, it is an ingenious suggestion. Gifted we shall be with the enviable privlege of discoursing the finer points of sacred learning and the warm controversy of profane delectation; all the while, Nomads would acquire a sense of familiarity in terms of personal expression and locution superadded thereto. Of course, this flight of fancy disappeared into thin or thick air betimes. Any form of sustained disqusition is nowise possible.

I suppose the cheif charm of this program will be the playing of gay songs and cheerful tales; a vantage, natheless, it is to some members. This should appease and satisfy the younglings and weanlings (and to some extent the underlings) of the SOL fora, but not those of us who are horrid with gray. A highly polished oratory is more suitable for consumption to the latter group, a group who is driven to the vanities of elegant speech and literature. Should that be well-nigh impossible, then the recitation of classical poems, I imagine, would be just as entertaining.

In any case, if this materializes, then I will slake my need to be heard, by persons of a learned mein, whilst I recite the verses of the pantheons of Arabia. After committing to memory some quixotic coquetry, among other themes, from Abu Al-Faraj's famous arabic manual of literature, The Book of Songs, Kitaab Al-Aqaani, it is time to see whether some members of this site have, as I suspect, a deep acquaintence with arab poetic convention to appreciate the exotic flavour of that kind of precocity.

For those of us with an arabic educational background (thiqaafah arabiyyah), the subtelties, and, indeed, curiosties of english pronunciation have proven to be a difficult task, a task bordering on the impossible. Thusly, it boots me not to put mouth-to microphone when I have the option of putting pen-to-paper; thusly, I shall take my seat in the audience chamber.

P.S. If memory serves me aright, it was two autumns ago when I had token of the speech of some Nomads. I was utilizing the now-wretched Paltalk medium when I came upon a room christened "SOL Planet" or some such name. Therein I hearkened to the thickly accented eloquence of NGONGE , the charmingly broken english of Jamaa11 , and the appropriately corrupted, or so I percieved, british accent of Shujui, or perhaps it was another lad; there are too many factors clouding my memory now. At any rate, when I took the microphone thereafter, I was proud-nosed and high of head till one nomad, whose nom de plume I shan't divulge, related to me in private a revelation couched in a most creative invective pertaining to the unintelligibility of my words. My lips would have become frigid with diffidence thereupon had I not convinced myself that it was natural for some persons to harbour dark designs of private vengenance. A disgruntled tutee of one of my SOL philosophco-islamic tutorials is she, I reasoned.

P.P.S. As regards the voice of females, I think it highly doubtful that males, upon harkening to the voice of a female, would be roused to untimely passion. Unless one is blind like Bashar bin Burd (the abbasite poet) or despararetly depraved, one ought not correlate the product of one's fancy with audition. I esteem the SOL female segment to be possessed of good spirit and sense, thusly the fear of Nomad she-asses, moaning and groaning, and thereby becoming the fuel for the mental engine, or the fodder for the trough of some poor wretch is unlikely.

With Salaams,

PK

As usual,you people have diverted from the subject my fav nomad has brought up.

You have[As usual again],spent much time on trivial matters of such nonsense as voice preferences,burstng a nut over bisharos voice[*Shriek*,i mean yea babe! smile.gif ], cawra it is-no it aint yimyam, and all that IS not this topic~.

Until,yall get serious, i refuse to respond to this topic. :D Matter of fact,yall can suffer in this here dull topic,without my charming self.

*Kiss my Beep,Modasotas*[With a Michael Blackson Ghanian Accent]

Ma anaan yaabin,seeing Castro & his Bleeding heart liberals vs cold hearted neo cons all chanting 'Haleelujah'

Jacpher   

Originally posted by Castro:

It's the message that it carries. If someone is having phone sex (or chat or email or using a pigeon to deliver a letter), it's the message that counts NOT the medium. Let's not get too excited here. There's nothing wrong with a woman's voice. It's what that voice is used for that matters.

You’re right. It’s the 900 voice that could turn into fitnah, arouses men to act like animal……..well worst than animal.

Don’t you think it's for the ladies to decide though?

Thanks to the originator of the topic. I particularly liked the Black Doc's story....

Amazing what a creative human mind can do!

P.s. the heck with your MURAN! Soomaali wax ku heshiisaanba waaya. wali!

Baashi   

Calm down fellaz will ya plz.

You don't have to call in if you don't have anything worthwile to say. Once you open your lips and utter This I believe phrase, a conviction of sort, firm and unshakeable opinion, or deep held belief or/and something along those line should follow. The catch is you have two minutes to make your case. I don't know about you but I find this kind of verbal essays very challenging. Not only one has to be coherant and articulate but also one has to be credible and convincing.

On the other side of the coin the site could serve as depositary of opinions and beliefs in cross section Somali Diaspora community. My hunch is the moderator will have a good sense of judgment and he or she will see to it that those who blabber or utter unintelligable, incoherant verbal essays won't make to the display section. I'm sure some nomad out there has something to say about life in America and other democracies. I guess Femma's experience in the transit system and why that is the case can be a good subject.

What's your take on employment, race relations, gender politics, language barrier, ethnic values and heritage such as ours, second generation Somali refugees, melting pot...your genuine views on these issues in your own words is a novel idea that adds value to foruming experience. Likewise if you understand value of public speaking this can serve as a training ground.

Mutakalim although arrogant and out of touch in the real world where plain English is preferred mode of communication, despite his unreasonable and unjustified haughtiness he often dispalys on this screen, inspite all of that still he can have a shot at the mic in This I believe setting. Imagine Mutakalim's segment were he to deliver I believe in haughtiness and being arrogant piece :D . After two minutes it would be interesting if he can show the audiences the practical benefits of being haughtiness in real world. If he has what it takes to persuade enough people to buy into that kind of reasoning, he then deserve respect for he has the acumen to influence people - a leadership character. To pull it off you see it will depend on how sincere he is in believing such rubbish. If he is out to impress others then he won't come across as credible as he would like to be icon_razz.gif

On the female's voice being haram. I don't know about that. I've learned long ago not to go against religious dictates. I admit my ignorance in the sharia. However, I believe in Islam and if I'm adviced to stay away from something that is not admissible I like to oblige and in most cases I do just that. Sometimes I come short and find myself carried away. For instance, I have a weakness in listening music. I don't go out my way to justify my actions amd make it look like it is admissible. My point is you are better off to admit your mistakes instead of finding a way to justify them.

I think it's qasaawatul qalbi kinda like eclipse of the heart that I'm suffering. In any event, I don't think female's voice is haram if that was the case I'm in a big trouble for half of my co-workers are females. Not to mention TV personalities that I watch to get informed and grocery cashiers, bank clerks, etc that I have conversed and still converse with in daily basis. Waxaan uga horay intentions and indeed there is hadith that emphasizes the importance of intentions that goes "inama acmaal bi niyaat wa inna likumri'i maa nawaa.."

Castro   

^ I did say the man has a big Bud. Well said atheer.

P.S. Watch for Mutakalim to crack open a haughty one on you. :D

SeeKer   

I dunno much about computers but you should look into how audio blogging works. I think people record directly to a server which holds the clips, by calling a phone-number. Should get rid of converting files and uploading them into the website (I'm lazy so I prefer short-cuts) redface.gif

**Just a thought**

Castro   

^ Lovely one atheer. Just as a follow up on the Radio.blog issue: when I've readied the software, I was informed (by none other than LSK) that placing these songs would add a tremendous burden on the bandwidth of the site. Bandwidth costs money and none of us contribute to this site with anything but talk. It would cost hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars a month to let Faarax listen to Magool (streamed from SOL) while he's chatting it up with Xalimo on IM. What is peculiar, however, is how LSK jumped on this so quickly? Could he have been thinking about it already? Does this not have bandwidth issues as well? Will this be a pay-per-listen type of thing?

There you have it. icon_razz.gif

P.S. I can't think of anyone I wanna hear other than the "eagle".

Good God! Gracious Lord, why is it that everything we discuss 'bout goes back to the do's and don't of women? :confused: It always amazes me ( and not in the eye-widening, mouth gaping, endorphins kickin' kinda way) I mean realy, it is ok. we got it from here on. we can decide for ourselves( as hard as it is to beleive). As for the shariica, it is a done deal. women's voices are not cowra unless it is used to flatter weak minds(and yeah, we are pretty capable of that!)

-------------------------------------

Get Up, Up Even the best fall down sometime

Oh please! If I wanted an intellectual discussion I would go sit in some philosophical class or something of the sort! Don't put down people even before they speak. :mad:

Waryaa far fiiqa daa,

meeshan oday aa loo baahan yahay, laakiin shaah aa ka maqan nooh yaaqey.

some think they can kill with words, but their pen failed.

Be cool with your brother' smile :D