Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

ASYLUM SEEKERS EAT OUR DONKEYS

Paragon   

Article in the Daily Star:

Date: Thursday, August 21

Author: Gary Nicks

ASYLUM SEEKERS EAT OUR DONKEYS

Police hunt rustlers after 9 are snatched.Asylum seekers have stolen nine donkeys – and police believe they’ve killed and eaten them. The pets – which gave kids rides at a Royal park – are said to have been stolen by East Africans, who see their meat as a delicacy.

The female donkeys vanished after thieves cut through a wire fence at night. They were then led across a golf course and driven off in lorry. Officers investigating the rustling believe the donkeys – worth £4,000 each – have been chopped up and sold. The animals were favourite at Greenwich Royal Park in south-east London and locals have been devastated to learn of their fate. A police insider told the Daily Star: “We are totally baffled over what has happened to the donkeys. They’ve been giving rides to kids for years and have become a bit of an institution. One of the main lines of inquiry is that they may have been taken by immigrants who like eating donkey meat as a delicacy. It’s no secret that we have a large African immigrant community here.”

Donkey meat is a speciality in some East African countries, including Somalia. And two areas near Greenwich – Woolwich and Thamesmead – have large numbers of Somalian asylum seekers.

The meat is also popular in some Eastern European countries, such as Slovakia and Romania.

Just last month, the Food Standards Agency warned that donkey meat was found in salami, pastrami and chorizo being sold in British shops.

The donkey rustling follows reports of swans being stolen from ponds and lakes in London by immigrants to eat.

Two of the nine animals - called Mary, Mildred, Rosie, Lulu, Flossy, George, Tahley, Champagne Charlie and Tania – were pregnant and the theft has also left three foals pining for their mums.

Their owner Len Thorne, 69, said: “This has really sickened me. I’m particularly appalled that they left behind the foals – that’s the same as taking a baby away from its mother.”

His daughter Lorayne Ahmet, 41, said: “I think they were stolen to order. We’re fully aware that there is a big demand for them, particularly among people from certain countries who like eating them. It’s possible they’ve been taken by immigrants for that reason.”

The family is also checking reports that Albanian immigrants have been spotted in the past few days giving donkeys rides in Kent seaside towns.

Sad

Police Insp Jim Moore said: “It is very sad for local children, with whom the donkeys are very popular. Whoever carried out this theft must be quite heartless.”

Locals are also outraged by the theft.

Richard Taber, 28, who lives opposite the park, said: “Generations of people around here have had rides on those donkeys. The thought of people eating them sickens me.”

And a neighbour Margaret Reynolds, 76, said: “It makes my blood boil when I hear that asylum seekers have stolen them to eat.”

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. I wont be suprised if it is true!!!. Somalians dont really eat donkey meat but I know what some asylum seekers are capable of doing apart from eating them!!! :D Rageedii

Coloow   

Jamaal, nice article saaxib. Thanks for posting it!

It seems that we have many more somali donkey-entrepreneurs out there! I thought I was the only one who realised the potentials of donkeys.

For the record, this article has nothing to do with my dreams of establishing a donkey farm, butcheries, clinics etc in africa to overcome poverty!

the history of westerners has always been to blame last immigrants on the ills that happen! i mean check this reporter out! to me he looks like lil white moran who didnt do his home work, and probably got this job cuz of his skin color. i havent heard of any african nations that eat donkeys or horses. but most of the white nations do eat both. us exports horse meat to canada and russia!

we gotta send emails this moran and explain to him that nomads dont eat pigs, lizard, horses or donkeys!!!!!!!!!

African   

I stopped reading the article here & felt I'll give my response b4 continuing with the rest of the article.

Donkey meat is a speciality in some East African countries, including Somalia. And two areas near Greenwich – Woolwich and Thamesmead – have large numbers of Somalian asylum seekers.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Heay Londoners how many of ur protested against this RACIST remark??? Or ru still in the marfish to notice what's being said about u guys??

I'll share the rest of my views when I finish reading the remaining of the article.

Coloow   

Hey!! what is the fuss?

There is nothing wrong with consuming donkey meat! I am not even sure that islam forbids it!

Even if it does, it is not as bad as pork is it?

Paragon   

Walaahi, the article may seem commic but there is a dead seriousness that comes with it. It stains our names and pride. It always paves the way for more verbal and physical attacks against our own community. If we let this pass just like that and laugh about it, I am sure those who wrote this article will murder us first and laugh upon our corpses. We must prevent that happening. And all Uk Somalis must handle this issue with great concern and reaction. Thnkx fellas.

dawoco   

Considering the fact that even frogs can't find peace from these "dellicatesse" appreciaters, isn't this an ironic case of the pot calling the kettle....?

I AM DISGUSTED

DONKEY???!!!...i would have understood if they said deer but not donkys..the suprising thing is that he says east africa and the only country he mentions is somalia........well i guess we eat donkys now.

Saaaaqid   

The Funny thing about this is that "NINKASTAA QUMANIHIIS QOORTUU UGU JIRAA", These people are sad about their donkeys. I dont think this story is iether true or I think that Some other people from East Africa might be involved, I would think people from South SUDAN or Ethiopian Xabashi. but SOMALIS, HELL NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This article pisses me off! First I hear others call our people savages now this!!! These idi*ts eat pigs, frogs and some find snakes a delicacy but they going on and on about East Africa eating Donkeys! I can't believe it...I should stop here before I resort to cussing :mad: (not at you guys of course).

.:peace n luv:.