Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

We want General back!

Does the title "Off Topic" make sense to anyone? It certainly doesnt to me. Maybe the wise-guy who suggested it can explain it me.

I think there are fairly good topics in the "section formerly known as General" and its quite unfair to call it "Off Topic". It reduces everything that comes under it to mere displaced nuisance.

I want our good old "General" section back. Are you with me? :D

OG_Girl   

Ofcourse we want General back. From the title "Off Topic" I feel every thing in this section is none sense and that is not true.

Salam

Tuujiye   

Aaminah..the afsomali forum is every were...

Maxaa rabtay in meel loo gooyo kiligeedaa...

Yaa meelaha kale ku baashaalayo, AJANABI?

Yarta Afsomali i every were.... :D:D

PS. I want Genaral BACK.........

Wareer badanaa!!!

I voted for "off topic" because i think it brings flava/spice/change to this website, which i looofis.

"off topic" is the next big thing next to jerry curls ladies and gentlemen enjoy it......

asxantu

Not General nor Off topic,,, aniga waxaan u bixin lahaa Iska Hadal ,,,

And for the Politicis section i would rather call it FADHI KU DIRIR . . .

Your suggestions are completely OUT . . .

I have suggested that the caption of the General forum be changed to "Off Topic" or "Community". Most of the Nomads of this site are rather afresh when it comes to forum administeration, so let me give you a cursory introduction.

It does not matter one bit if the title "makes you feel that it is nonsense" , "does'nt sound great" , or if it "adds flavor to the forum". It is an editorial decision desgined to improve the quality of the fora. Appeals to emotion will not change this.

General topics are topics that do not have a distinct "focal point". That is to say, topics are general if, and only if, the topics are either too nebulous or too ambigious. The word "General", if it be referred to mindless social chit chat, is misleading. More than 6/8 of the topics in the off topic section are more or less devoid of any substantive meaning. Therefore, it is prudent that there be a forum where Nomads who have a tendency to while away the hours with mind-numbing chit chat can go to. This way the quality of the other forums can be salvaged.

Of course, this is not to say that there is anything "wrong" with the Off-topic section, because sometimes one needs to be casual. At any rate, the title is very befitting of both the topics and the "respones" to the topic.

With Salaams

PK

P.S. If the title of this forum does irreparable damage to your emotions, then you do not have to post in this section. Perhaps you might want to try to post something in the Islamic, Debate forums. This way you can "contribute" something to this site and save your precious ego.

So Mutakalim, YOU ARE THE WISE-GUY eh? Figures! :D Unfortunate for the rest of us, your modest justification doesn’t hold much water. It’s ludicrous to say the topics don’t have a focal point or are “ambiguous†or “nebulousâ€. They are quite clear and meaningful, although admittedly in a light hearted way.

Wise one, you didn’t tell us what “Off Topic†means. General means ‘wide ranging and all purpose’ to the rest of us. It manages all topics not covered under another section. Not necessarily aimless as you so conveniently put it.

When I think of you, this quote comes to mind .

"The course of every intellectual, if he pursues his journey long and unflinchingly enough, ends in the obvious, from which the non-intellectuals have never stirred. " - Aldous Huxley

And that’s a compliment btw.. just incase you decide to take the longer route, only to arrive back at destination A.

Waiting for you to conjure up some spurious definition for “Off Topicâ€. smile.gif