Sign in to follow this  
nemo

Where does your name come from?

nemo   

Assalamu Calaykum

Was just wondering what everyone's name mean.

I don't know about everyone but sometimes people's names I can't even figure out if they are girls or guys eg mantra (thought was a guy with the picture and stuff) :D

And the somali names I really want to know what it means, as I'm trying to increase my somali vocabray. It would be a great help.

Will start first, well I couldn't think of good names so thought will call myself no name but nameless sound better and chick to let everyone know aint a guy :D

mantra   

;)smile.gifsmile.gif

I thought my name made it pretty obvious, regardless of the avatar picture (by the way that could very well be a picture of a man OR a woman)

but hey I cant complain..people not knowing my gender ensures I dont get weird messages..

mantra is an old nickname of mine...my thinking cap was off when I signed up to this site

Hayat   

well i just wanted to bring vibrance to my stay here, but i still wanted it to sound colloquial hence vibe. (apparently though ppl being complaining that its too much of a turn on and should chnage it :confused: no lie. clearly that was not the intention.

lol, i also thought mantra was a man, gosh some of these names are really misleading, what about S.O.S and Endeavor( thank god i have not had any crushes on them>>breathes easily

* waves her wand and makes Nameless topic all of the sudden appear vibrant*

J.Lee   

^really?

Mine is a family nickname. It's a quirky twist of fate that it's just a nickname rather than my first name.

Baluug   

I've had a variety of names since I joined this site.....

waryaa_liibaanow

liibaan

Liibaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan........(but the admin told me to change it)

Mr. Jibis

Liban the Man

and MC Xamar

Maf Kees   

My name is Farah Blue because it can be the name of a Somali qaxooti who lives on government cheese and a White woman who lives on Swiss cheese at the same time.

Farah Blue. Connecting biibol everywhere.

MC Xamar, everytime I see your nick I'm reminded of the Somali guy on CBC that was calling out to the Canadian prime minister from the crowd; Mister Xaaaaaarbar Mister Xaaaaaaaaarbar! (Mr. Harper) lol.

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

Ok let me see where my name came from. I am from Hargeysa which is just Southwest of Berbera, the port town in Somaliland. I happen to love Berbera, because that is where the Red Sea waters shine, therefore I named myself after those body of waters known as the Red Sea. Basically, it has something to do with my home region in that sense.

assalamu calaykum.

Guhaad   

Originally posted by MC Xamar:

I've had a variety of names since I joined this site.....

waryaa_liibaanow

liibaan

Liibaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan........(but the admin told me to change it)

Mr. Jibis

Liban the Man

and MC Xamar

thanks for the clarification MC Xamar, and here, i thought you were Legend of Zu

Janna   

Originally posted by MC Xamar:

waryaa_liibaanow

I hated Waryaa Liibaanow with passion. Yet very fond of Mr Jibis.

Hayat   

today i went to the shop to buy a drink, healthy one offcourse. there was a new edition called "vibe" by springvale. i was so surprised i bought it(normally i pick up fruitopia).

it really did taste nice, and it did give me a boost after feeling down(due to my low blood glucose levels). ;)

it reminded about this topic, and how else i could've came up with this name(pity it was a new edition though and i had to use my brain power to come up with it originally) :D