Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Confusion and turmoil

Khalaf   

Do not go at all circumstances If you do you will be have committed a major crime, not that you will put yourself at risk as well (unneccassary risk).

I challenge and urge you to come to your senses sister.

I know a good and decent young man, who you can marry inshallaah and become your mahram!

I'll take him to your parents and we will have a big wedding where all the Soler's across the whole wide world will congregate to celebarate your Aroos inshallaah.

Be happy and don't worry, we will get you that dream man of yours inshallaah!

yo my brotha don't worry man, shes covered ;):D

Ibtisam   

^^what has my hijab got to do with anything :D;) :rolleyes:

Shihaabuddin

thanks but marrying a complete stranger is almost as bad; don't you think? :confused: he could be a wife beater or something :( But all the same thanks :D

Ibtisam, ur one lucky little devil. Would love to be in ur shoes & have a lil of ur courage, but travelling alone scares the crap out of me. I'm always envisioning the worst possible scenerio and I get so paranoid. I'm not at a point where I could do that...but if u have the time...grab ur relatives if not friends and have a blast. If you know someone from each of ur destination spots------all the better. U can take that person as an unofficial guide and stay with them. Save money and ur hide.

G'luck girl. Enjoy urself. smile.gif

Tahliil   

What do you say? You were getting your masters? Right? You are about what? Age-wise? Range: 25-29...if not older…Soon my dear, supposedly in a year or two, you may want to stop backpacking and settle down somewhere…you will try and find some moron, A farah most likely, who himself wants as much as you want to get married. A farah who digs the backpacking show, who is into the same stuff you are into...whatever bagging and all...and I think you may want to save that backpacking trip and do it with him…together...Good memories and all...this is the trend nowadays…instead of blowing away money by having the Yare boys (Cumar yare, Cali yare, Jamac yare boys) to sing for you…at your wedding I mean, and have unappreciative guests jammed in a hall somewhere (why not pack your bags, tow the Farah and head to every pit stop in the world)

The assumption is, thereofere, you may be safe from the damnation and the curse some people suggest you may get in return i.e. if you break the law. And will most likely have a protection from robbery and rape and the danger some people mentioned exist....win win situation...

I'd suggest put your seat belt on, buckle up, and don't wait till you go through the windshield...And then go damn..I should have put that thing on…There is a reason, a very good reason why people say the things they say, caution and all.

Good Luck...

Pacifist   

Well u know what Ibtisam if you decide to go no one can stop you. At least research it through perfecto. I went in the summer backpacking in Canada three years ago by myself. From Seattle to BC all the way to MOntreal and back. As for my family they were not happy with me. I had the time of my life. Would I do it again, yes I would but not alone. Its dangerous every where make sure you plan it out every detail and every stop and If you already made reservations call again and confirm it. Make sure you take copies of all of your confirmations. They are con people usually on the ports like tangier be careful and trust no one. Like the ladies have said make sure you have your travel insurance. Hope that helps

Heres some websites to check out

www.seat61.com gives u detail about routes, buses, trains and all transportation and you can also read about people who have traveled those routes.

www.trekearth.com its a photo journal gives u places to see and also read about what experiences they have encountered.

http://www.the-backpacking-site.com/ very helpful.

http://www.worldsurface.com/

http://www.kirribilli.co.uk/SpMorPg.htm great check this one out.

Hope this helps and Good luck if you go. And trust no one especially port people. ;)

-Lily-   

Ibtisam, my goodness, you are getting proposals right and left, that should solve all your problems. :D Perhaps people should declare themselves a damsel in dsitress without a murham more often.

Ibtisam, if you are going alone, (under no circumstance would I travel with a group of guys) it's a lot safer if you have your money and won't need to work as you travel & to stay in decent hotels in well known cities.

You can always join us once you get to N Africa.

Ibtisam   

^^^loool; sorry, maybe someone should be taking notes or something :D:D

Scarlet

yeah i will; thanks :D

Tahliil:

20-25 is a better age range; i don't plan on getting married. men are (insert your own word here) and just want to abuse women. So not an option.

Pacifist

thank you; websites are greate and i will remember not to trust the port people. :D

Waterlily

Ibtisam, if you are going alone,
(under no circumstance would I travel with a group of guys)
it's a lot safer if you have your money and won't need to work as you travel & to stay in decent hotels in well known cities.

You can always join us once you get to N
Africa.

hhhm how about one guy :D:D just kidding.

thanks, if we are around same time.

thanks all for your 2cents. appreciate it.

i still have no idea. i'm going to focus on getting my exams and dissertation out of the way and then decided. chances are i will go!

i'm going think, dream about it for at least another month, then see...

cheers smile.gif

Khayr   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

i still have no idea. i'm going to focus on getting my exams and dissertation out of the way and then decided. chances are i will go!

i'm going think, dream about it for at least another month, then see...

cheers
smile.gif

Do what is Right and not necessary what only FEELS RIGHT!!!

mantra   

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

Ibtisam, my goodness, you are getting proposals right and left, that should solve all your problems.
:D
Perhaps people should declare themselves a damsel in dsitress without a murham more often.

*MANTRA IS A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS*

I bet my right arm and a leg i'll be ignored Waterlily..some just have it rough...hehe

hey Ibtisam..you live once go for it..

never backpacked in my life..dont plan on doing so either but I do fly around on me own often sans muhrim. If it cant be avoided (yours does sound pressing :D ----- girlie in dire need of excitement----- I feel you) lakin for the peace of mind of your parents I suggest you hire a bodygaurd,

preferably impotent..

enjoy

Khayr   

The 'go for it' crowd,

what are your basis for your advices?

Is it based on sentiment? i.e. I would love to go to...wow, backpacking is a great idea, my friend did it and I did it to, so go for it...etc.

Is it based on rationality?

e.g. You bought that ticket, so for the sake of not incurring a financial loss, you should go and enjoy your trip. The poor sis saved up her hard earned money for this trip (thats a bit of sentiment too)....etc.

Ibtisam,

don't let your conscious goooo tooo sleeeep!!!

Tahliil   

Tahliil:

20-25 is a better age range; i don't plan on getting married. men are (insert your own word here) and just want to abuse women. So not an option.

Sorry to hear that you had such first hand expreince...rough time huh? Dysfunction and abuse isn't a tolerable thing regardless of who it is coming from....On behalf of all (my word) men, I could only apologize...Good for you thou very few people can turn their lives around like that and get their Masters at 25...

Khalaf   

Tahliil, why u on the sisters age, who made u judge and tell her to settle down with “moron, A farah most likelyâ€(suppose u girl saying that). It’s her life, let her do what she wants, she got her own mind she can decide for herself. We are here to advice.

And that’s dirty implying she was abused, you don’t know nothing of her so don’t judge the sister’s life by reading few lines she wrote. And she didn’t say she is getting her masters, but planning to her masters next yr inshallah, after undergraduate study puts her age around 21-22 for ur coursity.

gots to love our people. :D

IB don’t just sleep on it baayo, but make salaat and give specific du’a to make good a decision. Salaam.

Anyway Huuno ibtisam don't listen to any of these people! go where ever the wind takes you. backpacking all over the world, climbing mount everest, scuba diving off the coast of the pacific and swimming with the dolphins. You are young and you only got one life to live. Have fun enjoy yourself. I myself I'm thinking of doing these things in my gap year. but take your friends with you what is the point in going alone? it is not fun! simple as that.

mantra   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

Tahliil, why u on the sisters age, who made u judge and tell her to settle down with “moron, A farah most likelyâ€(suppose u girl saying that). It’s her life, let her do what she wants, she got her own mind she can decide for herself. We are here to advice.

And that’s dirty implying she was abused, you don’t know nothing of her so don’t judge the sister’s life by reading few lines she wrote. And she didn’t say she is getting her masters, but planning to her masters next yr inshallah, after undergraduate study puts her age around 21-22 for ur coursity.

gots to love our people.
:D

IB don’t just sleep on it baayo, but make salaat and give specific du’a to make good a decision. Salaam.

Ibtisam I think you have a problem on your hands..

Tahliil   

Khalaf boy:

a dose of this strong paste, a major role in a disney movie, the return of the instituionalized, a zleeve, a cup and instant mode of reality, those of us who never chase, never return a phone call, will find it all very hellirious to watch...but I like the style anyways...quoting everyone and defending the prize...is that it? Do NOT insult woman now, I mean girls, they are much smarter than you think man..

Mantra...lol..I was being honest but misqouted