Sign in to follow this  
Polanyi

the Afro Arabian crisis and the colonial front

Haatu   

^ Karbash me last time? War he made a point then asks me to answer a question. But the thing was, he never asked me a question. That's why I asked him to speak Somali in case his etonian waffle was lost in translation.

Then you have no idea whether or not Garissa has slums.

BOB   

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

1. Somaliland was originally a kingdom of the Black Israelites, the relatives of the Ethiopian Jewish- Falasha ethnic group.

Even if they were...today they have some of the most well versed scholars amongst the entire Muslim world.

Charity begins at home...If you want to be taken seriously stop attacking other SOMALI qabiils including people from Somaliland & Puntland and give them the respect they deserve.

PS. Ramadaan Kareem.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Polanyi   

BOB, you're trying take a corner from the thrown in. My "qabil" took part in the foundation in both entities. My family members are married to both "qabils". :D Secondly, I didn't mean that "Somaliland" folks were originally jews. If that's why some folks are getting touchy. SOmali legend has it that the whole of SOmalia was once settled by pagans.

Anyway, let's forget about this thread.

Ibtisam   

Wayo?? Intaad reer Somaliland wa Jews meesha la tiimi baad leedhey let's froget this thread. :mad:

Classic racist iyo qabilist, marakaas ayao oodanaya my brother once had a black friend. icon_razz.gif:D

Ibtisam   

Now even worse instead of just saying sorry! I was misquoted iyo misundnerstood baad ka bixi weys. Don't be a politican, waan qaldamey dhe, instead of innad ku merestidi endless defence and questions.

Ibtisam   

You said dadka Somaliland wa jewish, ama jewish bey ka yimiaaden. Even if you meant Somaliid oo dan, as a Somali and as a Muslim waa diib weye. The fact that this is NOT true and fabricated brings the question as to why.

If you dont think you did anything wrong, what is with the defense iyo hiding behind questions.

Maad iska cadeysatid your views instead of hiding behind the Afro Arabian crisis and the colonial front. :D

Maaddeey   

Ibti, ha fududaan! thats not what he said, he said Jews were settled there before Somalis drove them away, marka hadda Soomaali baa deggane whats the problem?. And you accuse him of clannish when his message is 'reject Qabyaalad'?

Ibtisam   

War Maaddeey, maxad ugu hiilin Karl? Asga aya defensive noqdey. If you see my response on the first page, I did not think there were any hiden messages on this thread, just iinu ciyaaryo, lakiin markaan argey siidu uga sasey BOB post, I thought let me dig a little to see wuxu qariniayo. :D

As for Qabyalad, Falasha is NOT an ethnic group but a Qabil, and they do NOT live in Somaliland. Karl is confused. But yes it is said Falasha clan was left behind by a boat and then they settled.

Polanyi   

Ibti, I said "originally settled". According to your own folklore Hargeysa was settled by a Jewish leader and he was driven away by Sheikh Yusuf Kowneyn. According to other SOmali mythology and even some historians many parts of what is now SOmali territory was settled by black gaalo and oromos. It's also a fact that the current NFD was inhabited by Oromos a few centuries ago and the SOmalis displaced those tribes. Now, if I said NFD was originally settled by oromo Gaalo, it doesn't mean NFD are originally gaalo oromo.

( personally, i don't believe the story about the jewish leader of hargeysa. but it makes for better reading).

edit: nagada ciyarta. it's ramadan. I thought i caused a diplomatic controversey here and would have to apologise on universal tv. :D

Ibtisam   

KArl, weeli ma rafanisa!!! :D MAskiin.

Okay I will leave you to your madness.

According to "2your own folklore"? Come again? Are your referring to a qabil halkan?

Your information is wrong Karl, wrong, history booka diib uu eeg.

Ibtisam   

Karl, waad nagu soo dhersan these days, wiix ruunba hawa leh bey nooqotey sheekado. Reer Somaliland sue people ba lagu dahey, British court aa lago so deldely!! :D:D

On a serious notel, waxbaad isku qaladeysa, it pains me to see a Somali so confused about meeshu ka yimi. Please naga taa ciyarta! Stories exist, but why re-tell stories when you can trace your awowe 150 in history books.