Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

This is first in Somalia!

Qanjiiriya, Jinac in your clothes, being hanged upside down, Radio cable cord

Now I understand why Somalia is so messed up. They all have the abused syndrome. You know the abused turns into abuser! :eek:

(DUUBIS) means folding your eyes so that you don't see the garaacis.

Would you still feel it though? I mean the pain :D

Originally posted by -Lily-:

What, they make kids feel like they were in A Chinese detention camp? :eek: I heard all the horror stories but never blind folding.

The only person I was scared off was our dugsi teacher, but he would hit you with his stick on your hand/fingers if you were naughty, that was it. And even then I was soooo good I hardly remember being hit.

It's a good thing beating kids is being reconsidered.

Macalin Dugsis made chinese camps look like summer camp outs. Have you ever been blind folded,stripped off of of your clothes and get whooped with mareer sticks that YOU actually chopped off from a tree? The thrill about it was that,you dont know where the next one will land @ LOL.

Imagine,the humiliation that comes with the laughter and giggles from the girls after seeing you naked & the roaring qosol from the boys when you land into the thorny fence like a headless chicken.

It was torture,and what makes me even angrier to date is the fact that,after all those bruises on my body, my mom would still beat me for unknown reasons. OK,Granted i pulled the gambar out of the macalin's a$$ before he sat and he subsequently hit his head on the qurac tree,but i didnt deserve all that yaqoo smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

^^^^Farax brown looool no one does that nowadays, I gather the event you speak of took place good 20 yrs ago.

Move on sweetie, it is not good to have a grudge that long.

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

^^^^Farax brown looool no one does that nowadays, I gather the event you speak of took place good 20 yrs ago.

Move on sweetie, it is not good to have a grudge that long.

yeah,1987 is 20years ago yeah? It felt so yesterday! These things leave a permanent scar. The physical scars have since gone,but the emotional ones are still there!

Paragon   

Add to 'dhagaha qabso' punishment, where you are ordered to bend, put your hands behind through your bent knees and hold your ears. You'll be left there till your sweat and tears intermingle and start dripping to the ground, forming a small river of their own. God!

Aaliyyah   

Farah if the emotion aspect of this incident didnt fade away this long, you are obviously in need of a therapist and fast should I add :D

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Farah if the emotion aspect of this incident didnt fade away this long, you are obviously in need of a therapist and fast should I add
:D

Inshallah i will :D

Farah if the emotion aspect of this incident didnt fade away this long, you are obviously in need of a therapist and fast should I add

The more I read this thread looks like I am going to need a therapist. I am not kidding. This is shocking. At first I thought you guys were joking I asked the elderly and confirmed my worst fears. I mean this looks like Abu Ghuraib - stripping, torture only the pictures are missing How sad :(

Brothers let it out talk about it Go to Oprah Show do something YOU GUYS NEED HELP REAL HELP :(

Aaliyyah   

^^why send them to Oprah. We gonna have our own show.

lacag badan aa naga so galasa..dadkan way iska calcali karaan..I wouldnt mind listening if am getting paid for it. icon_razz.gif

in b/w am merely kidding. Lets help them out liwajhi laah insha allah.Ofcourse, if we establish our own show any funds would be greatly appreciated. ;)

This is what I remember from my Dugsi Teacher and his methods. He would use different combinations of the following list depending on the foul.

fooxin (adiga oo xarig ku xiran ciyaalkuna wejiga dhuuso si joogto ah wejiga kaaga neefiyaan. This is another form of poisoning.)

Jinaceyn (jinac qaniinyo kulul oo tiro badan oo surwaalka laguu subo adigoo lugaha iyo gacmaha ka xiran.)

maceysi (ciyaalka dugsiga oo dharbaaxo kaala dhaca meel walba adigoo xir-xiran)

miigeyn (sidii MIG-17 laguu xiro beer beer saacado dhan)

duubis (wejiga oo maro lagaaga xiro dabadeedna macalinku kugu garaaco ul)

washamsi (ciyaalka oo dhan oo ul kugu bilaaba, macalinkuna daawado)

Qabasho (Adiga oo dugsiga u gooyey oo raaxeesanaayo magaalada oo ciyaalka dugsiga laguu diro inay ku soo qabtaan. Markeey ku qabtaan ilaa inteey dugsiga ku keenayaan washamsi aa kugu socoto.)

ku-reebid (Dugsiga oo lagugu reebo oo cunto laguu diido inaad raadsato fasaxa)

Qanjaruufeyn (ciyaalka oo qanjaruufo kugu wareeriya adigoo meel walba ka xiran.)

Xirid (gacmaha iyo lugaha oo gadaal-gadaal lagaaga xiro si xoog ah, markay bararaan oo dhiigu xirmona lagaa furo adigoo "big foot" u eg. )

Dhego-qabsi (adigoo foorara ood dhegaha qabsato saacado dhan laguuna diido inaad madaxa la kacdo)

Gediid   

LST

Sounds more like a former NSS officer was running your dugsi quran.....

As far as I remember Dugsi macalin dalabey in Hodan wasnt fair to me either...Luckily we moved when I was six but I remember washamsi,uul miri miri iyo the occassional slap when I got the recitation wrong...Imagine the horror oo adoo carablow ah oo af carabi lagu yidhi akhri....Waar Somaligi baa dirqi nagu ahaa mise mid kale.One day I got the royal beat down and I remember telling my cousins from Waqooyi who were studying in the Uni and macalin dalabey ayaa la raadshey and he was given a lesson he would never forget.Sidetan sabaxadood kadib he swore he would never touch me....Payback is a biitch baan maqli jirey....

Jacpher   

^Dugisgaaga ma Cuba ayuu la yiilay? Waxanoo ciqaab ah.

Dhago-qabsi & darbi-saar schoolkaan ku ogaa. Walee waan xusuustaa schoolka maalinbaa la igu garaacey Afrikooy hurudooy maadan soo baran. To this day, I can't add anything to it.

On the other hand, my macalin dugsi was cool. He often times let us go swimming and football so long you keep reading your sura as you kick the ball. I can't recall Macalin Geeseey or Axmed oo idilay and I was not near being kabiir. However, I do remember ku-reebid couple of times. Aladii i gubtooy i gamaarisooy geed dheer.... Aladii was never friendly Sura. More of a land mine.

-Lily-   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

The thrill about it was that,you dont know where the next one will land @ LOL.

Aaliyah, he's not traumatized, you know how boys show off their scars as kids? It probably made him cool amongst his peers. What was uncool was how parents always agreed with teachers and beat their kids even more.

LST, that’s really serious. I always think its worrying when punishment gets that imaginative. If you were naughty, fair enough, but if you got it wrong?? That’s just mean.

Fabregas   

There was a Somali on youtube who was beaten badly by his macalin Dugsi and then he hated the deen and converted to Christianity, alhamdulilah he came to Islam after spending many years as a misssionary. Macalin Quran are suppose to compassionate, caring and merciful......

Nephissa   

The dugsi torture didn't do me any harm, or psychologically ruined me for life. Maybe it was so traumatic to me I have blocked it from my memory, or maybe I was home-madrassed. icon_razz.gif