Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Haha ...somalis treated like garbage by saudis and now Brits know

Peacenow has an agenda, look all his previous posts and you can see he's anti Arab. I personally don't care about this oneway or another, but atleast be more subjective in how you present your point. One link from a random site is not gonna make Somalis think all Saudis are bad and embrace Americans. Maybe you personally had a bad experience with them, or whatever but it's no reason to bash 'em.

Peacenow   

Originally posted by chubacka:

Firstly pls do share where you get these very nicely rounded statistics, it would make an interesting read.

Secondly you need to make your angst clear, are you angry that apparently high numbers of somalis are in receipt of state benefit in the UK or that somali ppl apparently have a devotion to arabs?

how are the two connected?

Your point is lost amongst the mindless ranting and raving.

The research comes from the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR)

http://www.ippr.org/ members/download.asp ?f=/ecomm/files/brit ains_migrants.pdf

Read it and weep at the pitiful state your arab devotion got you.

peacenow, sxb easy on the gaalo talk. the so-called gaalo are the ones who gave you the black you wear in milan. on the other hand, those Arabs are not so nice. 80% kulaaha. you dont even live here. these govt stats are not objective and use bias methodology. most Somali dont declare their income, hence why the govt assumes their are unemployed.

maybe the man does have an agenda after all. you should stick to your arab hating.

peacenow, I was an intern at IPPR in 2007. they have a history of conducting poor research and making things us. I was doing a project about BME - I was responsible for the Somali and a few other nations and my manager insisted i interview Congolese to fill up the quota i was set for somalis.

chubacka   

^ Thanks for the report, it was actually interesting to read (even @ this time of night)

I tried hard to find any reference to somali's devotion to arabs and this being the reason for their low rankings but alas I was disappointed.

The reasons the report made for the low employment figures of somalis in the UK, (rather than their devotion to arabs!) was due to the fact that

"the majority of Somalis in the UK will not have come here through labour migration channels, but rather because they are fleeing violence and persecution in Somalia, and of the relative newness of the Somali community".

It goes on to say

"Some relatively newly arrived groups are doing particularly badly in economic terms, whereas more settled groups are doing much

better. This may indicate that economic success increases as length of stay increases.".

And this would seem to make sense esp. in regards to somalis. Also the employment figures do not take into account those in Full time education and they had no data on self employed somalis.

Also in your strange attempt to somehow connect two v. differnt things, you seemed to have overlooked the conclusion of the report:

"just because some communities achieve relatively high or low rankings does not mean that every member of that community is relatively overachieving or under-achieving. Similarly if an immigrant or immigrant community has relatively good or relatively bad economic characteristics, we should be very wary of labelling some individuals or groups as successful or unsuccessful. There may be very important factors at work and unless we understand the impact of these factors, we should refrain from making strong judgments on the economic contribution of an individual or group.".

And i should add we should be v. wary of ranting and raving a load of bs about devotion to arabs. strange indeed.

What peace doesn't realize is, Somalis are much closer to Arabs (think diin, dhaqan) than we are to any other group. That's not to say that we always agreed on everything, but for lack of better words - we are family. So my advice to Peace, remember the actions of those on top and gov't don't necessarilly represent the majority which I am sure are good people.

What peace doesn't realize is, Somalis are much closer to Arabs (think diin, dhaqan) than we are to any other group

Actually, if you really want to do know of all people who are closer to Soomaalis, it is Oromos and Canfars, especially Oromo people like Boorana.

Pre-Islaamic period xataa same God called "Waaq" ayaa isla caabudi jirnay. Some of them still do.

Our language is as closer to Oromo as any. Dhaqan too. Dad aan ugu dhawnahay noo egna iyaga waaye.

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiy aar:

quote:What peace doesn't realize is, Somalis are much closer to Arabs (think diin, dhaqan) than we are to any other group

Actually, if you really want to do know of all people who are closer to Soomaalis, it is Oromos and Canfars, especially Oromo people like Boorana.

Pre-Islaamic period xataa same God called "Waaq" ayaa isla caabudi jirnay. Some of them still do.

Our language is as closer to Oromo as any. Dhaqan too. Dad aan ugu dhawnahay noo egna iyaga waaye.
We might be close to them in terms of our skin color, but that's where it ends. You don't see many Somalis speaking Oromo, or traveling there. Maxaa dhaqan ah oo naga dhexeye, ayaga iyo anaga? I am sure in eey dhaqan fiican leeyihiin, laakinse u maleyn mayo in aan isku dhaqan nahay. But that's just me though.

Marka Reer British isku dhaqan ayaa tihiin because many Soomaalis speak afkaas Ingiriiska and do travel there?

What does that have to do with waxa inta aan kaga hadleyno? Dadka Soomaalida ugu dhow ka hadleynay, speaking or traveling one place taas waa another reason, for economical or asylum reasons. Oromo land is as poor as Soomaaliya marka meel la aadaba ma'ahee maxee tahay.

Afkooda ma aragtay maa maqashay adi waligaa? Inta erey aan wadaagno ma aragtay? Dhaqankooda ma aragtay?

Baluug   

So what's the point of this topic? Peacenow is showing us that we can get thrown in jail on trumped-up or even non-existent charges in Saudi Arabia? Big deal, that can happen in any country.

All it takes for our friend Peacenow is to look at the wrong fat greasy wop the wrong way and he'll be hollering for the cops "Dissa neegro inna da suit!! He stole-a mah bike-ah!!" And he'll be in the same situation.

I really hope you don't think that just because you're in Italy that you're free from corruption. And if you ask around 95% of how we feel about Saudi's "sharia" law and their rulers, you'll probably find out that we feel the same way as you do on the subject, so I really don't see why you're always railing against Arabs and accusing the rest of us of "Arab devotion" or whatever the hell you want to call it.

The fact of the matter is, whether you like it or not, we are their brothers and sisters according to Islam and just because some of them are racist against others does not mean we should hate all of them. As Muslims, we should be better than them and treat everyone fairly and equally. After all we don't live to please them, we live to please Allah SWT.

EDIT: 2500th post!!

Speaking English does not mean in aad 'isku dhaqan' tihiin. Dadka af ajnabiga barta, ma waxey u bartaan dhaqanka AMA iney wax kaga fa'ideystaan ayagoo weli dhaqankooda heesta. Again, nothing to take away from Oromos or the others that u said 'were' closer to us than Arabs, we just share skin color and thats where it ends.

chubacka   

Originally posted by -MARX-:

adigu stick to history and leave the research for the experts.

Is that you?

:rolleyes: <<< You should really have this as your sig, it sums you up completely.

me   

Fabregas:

He uses the suffering of poor Somalis as an an opportunistic plot to constantly ridicule Islam and Somalis collectively. Meanwhile, I am guessing he isn't doing anything to help or change their situation.

Chubaka:

Also in your strange attempt to somehow connect two v. different things, you seemed to have overlooked the conclusion of the report:

"just because some communities achieve relatively high or low rankings does not mean that every member of that community is relatively overachieving or under-achieving. Similarly if an immigrant or immigrant community has relatively good or relatively bad economic characteristics, we should be very wary of labelling some individuals or groups as successful or unsuccessful. There may be very important factors at work and unless we understand the impact of these factors, we should refrain from making strong judgments on the economic contribution of an individual or group."