Sign in to follow this  
Deeq A.

Somali forum

So what he left the thread open, what does that have to do with anything being discussed here???

How hard is it for some of you to understand that the decision has already been made, its in the process as he said so himself. He hasn't asked any of you how you felt about it or whether or not he and the others should go back on the idea.

Bottom line is, I don't know why this thread was opened for discussion, maybe he was acting humanly for the sake of y'all, and wanted to make y'all feel important???(Are u happy, now khayr)but his reasons for leaving this thread open is of no importance to me, and sadly to say, it is for some of you and thats just pitiful.

Regardless of how some of you feel, I highly doubt that there would be strick regulations concerning the new section.

For instance, have you all thought of the time moderators would waste, by searching every section of this forum and looking who responded in english/somali and to add fire to it, they would delete it???

You all realize that the moderators who moderate this forum aren't here 9-5pm, no one pays them as far as I know, and for you to think that they would take time off their lives and put extra effort into looking who posted in the general section with the intentions of writing somali, and who posted in the af-somali thread with the intentions of writing english??? Do you realize how ludicrous some of your questions are???

I wondered what some of you were thinking when you asked that question as I was reading your comments, and I came up with absolutely nothing.

The lives of the moderators doesn't revolve around you all, just like y'all have lives, they do too...(NOTHING IS CHANGING, THERE WILL JUST BE ADDITIONAL SECTION TO THE FORUM, GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIVES PPLE, OR GET A HOBBY)

i had my head-set on while i was reading this thread! i was listening to song called Juicy fruit!! i would really love some who is an expert of af somali to translate it to af somali... here is the lyrics of this song!!

here it goes!!

Yeah

(I like it, ooh...ho...)

(I like it, ooh...ho...)

I need it, I need it

Oh, girl

You know very well

What you are

You’re my sugar thing

My chocolate star

I’ve had a few

But not that many

But you’re the only love

That gives me good and plenty

Juicy fruit (Juicy)

Juicy (Yeah...eah...eah...hey...)

Juicy fruit (Juicy)

Juicy

Candy rain

Comin’ down

Taste you in my mind

And spread you all around

Here I am

Oh, this love’s for you

Hey, baby

Sweet as honey dew

Close my eyes

Oh, what fantasy

And you’re right here with me

Juicy

Cherry blossom kiss

What you’re givin’

Makes my body rock

Keeps me sizzlin’

Do what you want

I don’t care

I’ll be your lollipop

[You can love me everywhere]

Juicy fruit (You’re so)

Juicy (Juicy)

Juicy fruit (Yeah...hey...hey...hey...hey...)

Juicy

Here I am

This love’s for you

Hey, baby

You’re sweet as honey dew [Dew]

Close my eyes

Oh, what fantasy

And you’re right here with me

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Juicy fruit

Juicy

Juicy fruit (Juicy)

Juicy (I like it, I like it)

Juicy fruit (In the morning, oh, babe)

Juicy (Oh...oh...)

Juicy fruit (Candy rain comin’ down)

Juicy (Turns me all around)

Juicy fruit (I like it, I like it)

Juicy

plz make it more respectable!! :(

Rudy,

Don't you know that Somali language is Nasty-free? And indeed what you inserted here is fully nasty oriented language; something our culture considers very offensive. May be those people with (ciyaal ziiyo mentality) can tell us the exact informal somali interpretations of that song.

Blessed   

Salaams,

What I really loved about SOL in the early days was the emphasis on the Somali language and culture. This is a Somali forum and should reflect the language, culture and literature of the people that it caters for. I have been going to other sites for peotry, stories and to basically improve my Somali. This new forum would be a perfect platform for those with the same interests. Those of you who are content with being ignorant of such matters can always choose not to read issues realting the Somali language and culture.

Admin

May I suggest that it’s called something other than Af-Somali forum. That is too bland and specific. Perhaps something in the line of Suuganta iyo dhaqanka to go with the theme of Camel Milk Threads.

And since we’re on the topic, it would be nice if the ‘Women Section’ was changed to Arraweelo’s Corner. So that certain boys will stop using it as a space to diss women.

P.S

I don't see anything wrong with those that post in Somali / Arabic or Sawahili in general topics. Everyone should be allowed to express his/herself in the most comforting way (as long as it doesn’t break the rule). Obviously, if you’re being addressed in the wrong language you can take the initiative of making the other aware. It’s that simple. Shiish!

Certain liberties simply need to be respected.

Juxa   

^^^^^^ nacam, nacam, nacam, to each his own. as J11 said lets not see the negative side.

I personally am looking forward to post couple of buraanburs. Ameenah u know hw i excell in this, with my garbasaar on the AIr, allah help anyone with no insurence oo goobta isku soo gala.

i think it will be great, it will be educational, entertaining, and maybe we can have (koob) for best somali writer, i already have a list of possible nominees :D

Sophist   

I concur with Ameenah's observation and in addition perhaps HIDAHA IYO DHAQANKA might be a better name for it-- since language comes under that banner.

Juxa   

^^^^^^^^ no brother i wont say that. why xumaantas. magacyadaas inaad ku jirto laga yaabee, all i can say is keep up the good work :D

Blessed   

lol@ Sophist taas macnaheedu waa , anigana igu dar ;)

I agree Hido iyo Dhaqan is just perfect.

Juxa,

Eesh calaa hanjabaad. Bal waxaad isla haysid weynu arki doonaa :D

Laakin, is ilaali macaanto. Diraca ha ku kufin, yahee icon_razz.gif

Curly   

Originally posted by Ameenah:

Obviously, if you’re being addressed in the wrong language you can take the initiative of making the other aware. It’s that simple. Shiish!

Certain liberties simply need to be respected.

Walaal I think that's easier said than done when Nomads like Nuune aka boolbaro chose to reply to me in somali when they know fully well that I can't read or write Somali.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=003429;p=4

I think that this is really just an excuse for some members to patronise other Nomads, for their own sadistic amusement.

I don't think that was what SOL was all about.

nuune   

sullen sue, believe me sister, i really don't know whether u know af somali or not, okey, thanks, u can also put my af somali reply in other forums like politcs telling people how i responded in somali language,

thanks again in advance, and i appreciate dat u let people know, macsalaamo

I quite enjoy reading Somali on SOL. Where else do I get to do that?

For me the issue of quality centres around the content of the posts rather than the language. However, what I have noticed is a certain kind of humour/attitude being shared by a regular group of posters. It isn't that it's Somali that is used that bothers me but the kind of Somali. If some of these unpleasant posts were in English they would jump out of the screen more forcibly and perhaps be deleted. Why is there a proliferation of posts like this? Why are they not being dealt with? Is it because they are a novelty or has SOL slackened its monitoring and rules?

I like reading the Somali but hey people af xumaanta maxaa idinku wata? My written Somali is weak and I appreciate the opportunity to learn Somali but I find the There's-something-about-Mary humour trying.

I wouldn't be surprised if more women complained. A lot of the trashy humour is directed at them. If SOL were a village these offensive posters would be the group of guys hanging together on a street corner the women wouldn't want to walk by.

I look forward to browsing the new section. I can't really contribute but I'll certainly be entertained and educated. Those of u who can contribute, less trash more class, please.

Tuujiye   

However, what I have noticed is a certain kind of humour/attitude being shared by a regular group of posters.
It isn't that it's Somali that is used that bothers me but the kind of Somali.
If some of these unpleasant posts were in English they would jump out of the screen more forcibly and perhaps be deleted. Why is there a proliferation of posts like this? Why are they not being dealt with? Is it because they are a novelty or has SOL slackened its monitoring and rules?

Sis relax..Don't forget we have many different ways of speeking somali. We can't say any of them is wrong. You will find that out when you get to know all of them.

"certain kind of humour/attitude being shared by a regular group of posters" so what! does that make them a gang using sign language? Sis you are taking this too far. Relax.

SUE. Sis I'm sorry if I have wrote in somali to you in the past. I didn't know that you couldn't read it. (CAFUN) forgive me..

wareer badanaa!!