Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Albinos in Burundi flee killings

They sought albino body parts for potions that they claimed could make people rich.

Two of the albinos killed in Burundi - a man and a teenage girl - were reportedly found dead with their legs and arms missing.

Police said the tip of the girl's tongue was also removed.

web page

Ghastly report but would like to know how I can get in touch with these savages. I would love to direct them to new species to hunt!

ps. the pic above is causing me to have some anxiety attack! could u please take it down. Thx

Originally posted by AYOUB:

Do Somalis (long fingers and skinny legs variety) have albinos?

Come to think of it, I hadn't seen faradheer albino ah. I am talking about maryooleey, of course. But yes, I had seen some albinos oo Soomaali ah, but they weren't faradheer.

Malika   

We recenlty were discussing this issue with my mother,it has been happening in Tanzania too. What gets my blood boiling is the savage behaviour of Africans and their ****** beliefs in witchcraft.

How barbaric! When others in the world are developing state of the art technology to assist bettering their lives the africans return to savagery! :mad:

NGONGE   

^^ It's all over Africa. There was an Al Jazeera report about the Tanzania guys. Hang on, let me find it.

ps

Ayoub, even white people can give birth to Albino children. Why wouldn't Somalis? :D

Malika   

^I know, I also remember there was a time raping babies was also popular,believing it cured AIDS..subhanallah!

Africans! :rolleyes:

Ibtisam   

Malika and Ngonge and co. Ignorance is everywhere and knows no colour or region. Any human being who is deprived of knowledge and progression will inevitable end up going backwards or/and engaging in things which are not acceptable in the modern world.

As for cults and witchcraft and crazy ritualise, they are present in the majority of third world countries. The media just focuses on Africa to promote and sustain the savagery status.

nuune   

Guys, don't exclude Somalida from witchrafts etc, Somalis are the product of all sixir :D

I watched that Aljazeera programme about Albinos in tanzania and Uganda, it was sad, I didn't finish watching it, very distrubing.

Malika   

^ Yes indeed, wasnt there recently a discovery of bodies without their tosso, a very common vodoo practice is Africa on the outskirts of Hargeysa?

I have heard of a town on the outskirts of Mogadishu famous for these extra curriclum of the Africans..

Ibti,We need to take you to Africa,for you to see first hand the savagery that occurs there 'sometimes'..

Have you ever seen thief being beaten,torched to death?

Have you seen a child raped because they possess the ability to cure an old man of a sexual disease?

My dear its not about the western media's perception of the African embarrassment but the reality of going ons in Africa.

Take time and watch Nollywood movies, you will get an insight into the African pschic without BBC telling you what is what. Read their literature etc etc.

ps.The oppressed people mentality is getting old,for example in Tanzania Education is free and everywhere even the remotest villages you would find a school.The 'White'missionaries had churches in every corner,the Islamic influence is everywhere but yet they are in need of education? I am not saying they are not still bound by their traditional way of life ,but if its modernization how many more years do they need to be 'modern'?

Those whom practice this barbaric acts are believed to be those in modern cities,educated and the elite.

Ibtisam   

I have heard of a town on the outskirts of Mogadishu famous for these extra curriclum of the Africans..

You know I heard similar thing in Burco, that there is a Siixir school. :eek: where you go and learn.

Ibti,We need to take you to Africa,for you to see first hand the savagery that occurs there 'sometimes'..

I think the key word is Sometimes These incidents are by no means representative of Africans or an indication of their behaviour.

Yes, there are myths about sex with children and virgins curing sexual disease, and it is this education I am talking about, You speak of schools, but who and what do they learn in these schools. South Africa has a robust education system, yet their approach and stance on AIDs killed millions and sustained these myths. Empty buildings and political motivated education won’t help.

The reality Malika is that, things such as these

happen in Africa, but if [as the media does] it is highlighted and exemplified, it becomes the essence of what Africa is, synonyms with African identity. That is the problem, I have read the literature, seen the movies and reports, but I am not denying these things happen. I am saying these practices and worse ones happen in the world, but in Africa’s case, they have come to represent Africa.

In your first post interestingly enough you mention modern and technological advancement. Just the other day on the newspaper I was reading about the 5schoold kids (16-19) who are on trail for eating 6 fellow students, because they believe Shidan told them to. And no it was not in Africa, it was in Russia, progressive, super-power, technological advanced Russia. So maybe modernization or technological advance is not even the cure.

Social ills, child abuse etc is a factor in each society, it is a shame people see it as a manifestation of being African, it happens everywhere, and don't even get me started on places like Asia. It is a myth that it happens in Africa, more than other places, no sir. It is just reported more widely in Africa's case.

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

quote:Originally posted by AYOUB:

Do Somalis (long fingers and skinny legs variety) have albinos?

Come to think of it, I hadn't seen faradheer albino ah. I am talking about maryooleey, of course. But yes, I had seen some albinos oo Soomaali ah, but they weren't faradheer.
I am afraid to ask but, what are you making a distinction between? Difference between faradheer & maryooleey? Don't get it.

NGONGE   

Ibti,

The Africans don't help though. They provide the media with such stories. I mean look at Jacob Zuma, the former South African vice president (and likely future president). He was accused of rape a year ago (or was it two?). In court, when explaining why he had sex with an HIV positive woman WITHOUT using a condom, he replied that he believed taking a shower straight after the act reduces the chances of contracting the disease! :D:D

Ibtisam   

^^I don’t understand how you Africans, can talk as if you are NOT Africans?? :confused: YOU are not helping by pushing these stories and painting or rather adding on flavors.

And yes I agree, high profile Africans such as Zuma have been most harmful in most cases, but that should not legitimize these damn stories and the myth that such behavior is wide spread in Africa. He is an ido*it, and it is not funny, so stop laughing!