Mooge

Morgan declares his candidacy for Puntland presidency

Tallaabo   
1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

Wasn't Morgan in the Somali Government when women were being raped in Mudug and wells being poisoned?

Depending on what his responsibilities were at the time the Mudug war crimes took place, he might or might not be guilty of those crimes personally. But he is for sure answerable for what happened in the then Northern region of the defunct Somali Republic in 1988 and 89. And his culpability can easily be proven in a court of law. 

Samafal   

If I know somali mentality and the current disappointment of Rer Puntland with the professor, the peace loving darling Mr. Gaas, come January 2019 Morgan will be Puntland leader, thanks to Warlord Biixi's aggression. 

• Like 1

Ifiye   

I welcome the "savior of the D clan" to lead Pirateland.  They are free to choose whoever they like.  However I doubt the IC community will allow such thing to happen unless they pabtized him in Nairobi to help them continue the Somali project faithfully like the current pirate leader Mr Gaas.  

Mooge   

niyoow political earthquake walahi. puntlanders are on the streets everywhere in every city shocked and can't believe Morgan wants to lead. he was religious man who stayed out of politics but i guess people are tired.  

This is Qardho today. 

Image result for cabulaahi yuusuf laascaanood dabaaldeg

cadnaan1   
4 minutes ago, Mooge said:

niyoow political earthquake walahi. puntlanders are on the streets everywhere in every city shocked and can't believe Morgan wants to lead. he was religious man who stayed out of politics but i guess people are tired.  

This is Qardho today. 

Image result for cabulaahi yuusuf laascaanood dabaaldeg

Kkkkkkkk Morgan and religious man wax israacaayo maba ahan ninyahow weyna ka muuqataa balwad tii aheed

Mooge   

haku dambabin hafidulah morgan oo habeenkii dhan wardiga ku jira niyoow. wuxuu ka mid yahay Ahlusunna ragga ugu wadaadsan hadda, ask Sheekh Shaakir of galmudug who is leader of Ahlusunna wajamacah.  we need someone who is religous but not alshabab leaning like all other undercover shabab wadaads in mogadishu who are trying ban Kiin Jama's concert as we speak.   

Mooge   

everyone wants to get a glimpse of the general. i don't know if people are excited or if people want to know who general morgan is since the young generation have never seen him. i can tell you that people don't come out to streets for no reason and something is happening. Gaas is not really happy with all of this buzz for Morgan. 

IMG_9427.jpg

I do not think he will win, but he may become in charge of defence since that will be next measure department to worry about in Puntland. A lot of storm gathering on Puntland.

I don't think Morgan has a chance. He committed many crimes in Siyad Barre regime that disqualifies him for running any office in Somalia. Puntland is wiser not to elect a warlord General as Somaliland elected a warlord Colonel Biixi.

3 hours ago, Holac said:

Maakhiri, why do you think Moorgan will win? What about all other candidates?

if I were betting, he would be the one, you have to understand Somali psychic. Puntland tried and failed by choosing civil and educated like Faroole and Gas. The  great humiliation  suffered by Puntland from SL, Kuli shayin yarjicu ilaa aslihi. It is time to go back to millitry guys.

Abdi Qaybid also led Galmudug, what is stopping Morgan?

galbeedi   

It is all about go back to the Future. You have a warlord in Kismaayo, one in Baydhabo, Gamudug and In Hargeisa. It is all about Puntland joining the club of the warlords.

Having said that , he doesn't have any chance to defeat C/weli Gaas. 

Unless you have a new great candidate, I would stick with the devil I know.  Gaas is not perfect, but  at least he understands the big picture of the Somali state.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Samafal said:

If I know somali mentality and the current disappointment of Rer Puntland with the professor, the peace loving darling Mr. Gaas, come January 2019 Morgan will be Puntland leader, thanks to Warlord Biixi's aggression. 

I think the disappointment in Puntland if there is at all on current president is of not taking change of direction. 20 years waiting for others to put their houses in order and each one to do their share and other side living with Somaliland unresolved status is very expensive, very difficult and everytime someone else want to drag you down by sending the all season tool of terrorism is a very complicated life.

Puntland has more strategic issues to deal with than most countries of the world. Imagine how much the Chinese could have invested had the Somaliland status was clear?

As for Gen. Morgan, he understands and accepts the situation that war is not a solution.

1 hour ago, Old_Observer said:

As for Gen. Morgan, he understands and accepts the situation that war is not a solution.

is that the direction from Addis?

galbeedi   

Morgan was called Mooge in Hargeisa. 

Being a commander  of the 26 army division, and defend the country does not make one a criminal. He was doing his duty to defend Ethiopian armed rebels  from the country.

Yet, his involvement in the wars that followed after the collapse of the state puts him with same category like other actors of his era. 

We have to see how far he goes with this campaign.

If he gets the reer Bari, Reer sool and Garoowe support the game might be over for Gaas. 

Mooge, according with my friends, it is too early to see if this is just a publicity or serious campaign. 

By the way, Ehlusuna is backed by Ethiopia and anyone involved by that group is dangerous

On the other hand, I was one of those students you mentioned in the other thread. We  finished high school i the north and we have been sent to the South. I went to the town of Wanla Weyn,  Shabeelaha Hoose. It was a great experience to exchange students from different part of the country, and I am familiar with the word " Qirin Qiir"