Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

My Jan/Feb trip

For the moment Lasanod is safe to go through. We have a colleague in Garowe and they come and go by road each time. It is easy but you only need to avoid traveling during the night. Make sure it is the daytime.

Places:

Of course on your way you will pass by lots of places but the spacial places in SL would be:

1- Lasanod: You can walk around and visit the places where Sayid Mohamed Abdulle Hassan used to have bases. There is a mountain just outside the city where you climb and see his base and his little houses still exist.

2- Burco: Yeah, then you can remember Ibti, Norf and NG while there. Just pretend you're one of them and walk around ,, :D

3- Sheikh: You need to spend sometime there. You can see the first Secondary school in SL. There are farms, waterfalls and very green mountains. You will need one full day to walk. I will share a photo album with you about Sheikh.

4- Berbera: Of course you need to see the beach, the grave of the Cilmi Boodhari and his place where he met Hodan in the first time. You will have time to see the port and some other historical places like where Ina Igarre used to stay during his empire.

5- Laas-Geel: This is the place where recently discovered with historical paints and drawings.

6- Hargeisa: Of course you can't miss hargeisa. There are many places to visit inside the city.

7- Borama: Of course it is a must see place. You will see the Amoud University, the SAW mountain where tremors come from, and yeah some other places and nice ppl.

8- Zayla: yes, haven't seen that place yet but i could just go to see the old masjid with the two qiblas. The Sa'adadin Island and so on.

9- Erigavo: Haven't been to that place either but it is out of question. One of the Best places in the region. You can see and climb Daalo.

what did i forget ????

Ms DD   

Maybe I should have gone the paintballing with you guys..that would have been better preparation.

It is not being brave but it is just this feeling of unrest that I have at the moment. It is urge I need to satisfy

nuune   

Ms DD, you can always visit Siyeeloow, Dhamaajaaleey, Kuntugaareey iyo salka-xagalka-barmuuda, very sunny indeed.

Good luck with ur trip, carry urself with one of those mobile phones dat has everythin, everythin, it would be ur best buddy, u don't need wax kale smile.gif

Ms DD   

Cheers JB

The list sounds great. Why is Ceerigaabo out of the question? You only told me S/Land. Who will tell me about P/land?

Nuune

Mobile phone, i thought in la isku dilaayo, having high-tech phone.

Where are those places u mentioned?

My next trip would be all east Africa. Wonder if any of the SOL gilrs will be up for it

maya sadex dhagax iyo cali taar baa jooga - intaasa waa inta la arkikaro - waxaa kalo joga boqol jinni iyo laba kun oo cimamiliyaal ah :D

marka waa inaad qardhaas iyo qimin xiratiit

Poker   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

For the moment Lasanod is safe to go through. We have a colleague in Garowe and they come and go by road each time. It is easy but you only need to avoid traveling during the night. Make sure it is the daytime.

Places:

Of course on your way you will pass by lots of places but the spacial places in SL would be:

1- Lasanod: You can walk around and visit the places where Sayid Mohamed Abdulle Hassan used to have bases. There is a mountain just outside the city where you climb and see his base and his little houses still exist.

2- Burco: Yeah, then you can remember Ibti, Norf and NG while there. Just pretend you're one of them and walk around ,,
:D

3- Sheikh: You need to spend sometime there. You can see the first Secondary school in SL. There are farms, waterfalls and very green mountains. You will need one full day to walk. I will share a photo album with you about Sheikh.

4- Berbera: Of course you need to see the beach, the grave of the Cilmi Boodhari and his place where he met Hodan in the first time. You will have time to see the port and some other historical places like where Ina Igarre used to stay during his empire.

5- Laas-Geel: This is the place where recently discovered with historical paints and drawings.

6- Hargeisa: Of course you can't miss hargeisa. There are many places to visit inside the city.

7- Borama: Of course it is a must see place. You will see the Amoud University, the SAW mountain where tremors come from, and yeah some other places and nice ppl.

8- Zayla: yes, haven't seen that place yet but i could just go to see the old masjid with the two qiblas. The Sa'adadin Island and so on.

9- Erigavo: Haven't been to that place either but it is out of question. One of the Best places in the region. You can see and climb Daalo.

what did i forget ????

You have to be my guide when I come there next month IA. :D

Malika   

Originally posted by Ms DD:

My next trip would be all east Africa. Wonder if any of the SOL gilrs will be up for it

Come back in one piece,if you hadnt been kidnapped,or married to my uncle in Hawd by then Inshaallah you can come with me to TZ in July/Aug.Where you can have the time of your life dear,lakes,rivers,mountains and sea..Did you know the 16 wonders of the worlds are in Tanzania alone?.. smile.gif

Check them out!

http://www.worldreviewer.com/travel-guides/environ ment/in-tanzania/

Paragon   

You don't have to fear in Maakhir; both the land and the people are pleasant. Even the camels are civilised and the Awr would tip his koofiyad in a gentlemanly sign of respect ;) .

Ibtisam   

:confused: some of you are really funny, maaxa fear keeni, she is going HOME, it is probably safer than here, everyone has a known address in the form of clan, family and an odey. She alsohas her family who LIVE there. Women, just go and let your hair down, the worst that will happen to you is that people will take the piss out of your somali or your clothes or how you walk. Other than that, nothing and certainly no harm.