Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

My Jan/Feb trip

Ms DD   

Whilst South Somalia ee wadnaha iiga taal, I dont want to get myself killed. Therefore I will be travelling all throughout Waqooyiga of Somali/and.

I dont want to leave no rock unturned. I need to see all waterfalls, mountains, lakes, historic sites and battlegrounds of these regions for about 2 months.

I worry about the safety first. How will I be received? How will I appease the locals? Do i need to contact the authorities/tolka/elders/whoever? How can I get in contact with the relevant people? Where are the best areas I should look out for? The areas I should avoid?

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Malika   

^Somaliduu wexee iradaan,dumar qabiil iyo diin maleeh, in other words you being a female your not a threat to any self respecting Somali man..So dont worry,you wont come to any harm..Inshaallah.

I request you go visit my ancenstal home towns of Lascanood,Berbera and Burco. If in need of testing the Hawd life-style just holla! but be wary my cousins might just kidnap you,but again why would any woman refuse a man on a horse tooting a gun and cumamad? :D

If I had no strings attached waan kuu racii lahaa.

nuune   

Somaliduu wexee tiradaan, dumar qabiil iyo diin maleeh

lool, and u forgot the last part of the maahmaah "qabiilkooduna waa nin"

dat is the maahmaah, alla maxaa dumarka soomalaiyeed maahmaahooyinka eber looga dhigey

Fabregas   

Malika, three ancestral home towns? :D

D&D, you are travelling alone across Northern Somalia? I think you need to take some guides.(clan male relatives).................

Ms DD   

Ask away..as long as they are decent smile.gif

Abu Duiaby

I was hoping that I would take a break from those creatures called men in this once a lifetime trip!

Malika

That is exactly the kind of adventure I was after. I already got my sahan prepared.

looooool@decent ,, :D

Well, are you coming just to go around and see the places or there are families you want to visit and spend sometime with them as well ??

If there is a family, then where ??

How long do u want to stay ???

which airport do u want to arrive first ??

Mey duushay??

horta ha duusho - don't forget taleex and qardho - already waa laga sugayaye??

i just send them a smoke signal that you are on your way - Cali dheere is waiting for you :D

Ms DD   

No families for me anywhere in Somalia except Qardho/Boosaaso. Therefore I wont be visiting no families unless they invite complete stranger to their home/aqal.

Stay of 2 months max

WHich Airport first? Boosaaso but Jabuuti is where laga soo dhoofo..right?

Okey then ,,, you can start with Bosaso then come by road. I hope it will still be good to travel through Lasanod.

Then you can go anywhere you want to go ....... we will make a list of the places together so that you can tick each one when you done the visit ....

Ms DD   

Road? Shufto ma jirto?

Laas Caanood people, is it safe to travel to your area? Also where would you guys recommend?

Fabregas   

JB, sayidki ba joge. :D

Mrs D&D, male relatives mean that every farax wont try to shukansi you in public and it also means people will try to bother you or rip you off for your money/steal your property. But, then again, JB is the guru of SOmali affairs.

and yes lasacanod is safe and sound. :D

Ms DD   

So far it is me and my uncle. But he has kidney transplant. I dont think he will cope. I will visit mommy dear ibti and even help around the aqal as we agreed. Might stay with them for 2 days.

For now I will get all my jabs, try to get physically fit (if that is possible), try to walk everywhere etc.

But I will need organised trip, but i dont kno how this can be acheived. JB could kidnap me whilst we are ticking all these places I am visitng. Just to tell him now, I am from faqri family smile.gif