Sign in to follow this  
B

Feeling Awkward and Bothered!

B   

There is this girl, I have on her facebook. She is hot, like super hot. We speak on facebook occasionally but I ignore her by trying to act busy when I see everyday. I mean I don't mean to but I just can’t seem to say hello to her. I know her routine, like when she comes in and where she sits. On Wednesday she smiled at me, all I could muster was a rise of the eyebrow.

And Today we were sitting in the same area when she went for a break I spoke to her friend, telling her if she need a place to pray Maghrib there is a sister prayer room downstairs and she replied ‘ok ok ok’ in not so nice way, quite dismissive actually - I have no idea what possessed me to say that walahi. Then when I came back from my break, they had moved seats and were laughing at something – probably me.

It’s so awkward

Chimera   

Don't play silly 'ignore/hard to get' games, and don't be afraid, do not attempt to get close with her via her friends, there is a chance they like you aswell and savagely sabotage everything as a result, this happened to me back in the day, not so long ago. Not a nice experience when you actually sit down with the person your interested in and have to refute all the hearsay nonsense of you trying to 'get it on' with their friends. Very messy situation and so-called ''Best friends for life'' end up being enemies.

First have short little convo's like Hi, hello, how are you? bla bla, then expand this further.

Girls essentialy are 'show offs', so if she likes you then she would want you to show interest to her while she hanging with her friends. Therefore gather your nerves, take a deep breath and walk up to her directly when she is in a group, just tell her you want to talk to her for a minute, if she is interested in you she will honor your request, if she refuses, then forget about her, she is not worth it.

Jacpher   

Have the courage to stand up and look directly at her face. Make strong powerful eye contact. Ask her where you can reach her parents. It is much better to do it in Somali. Aabe ma joogaa? If she says no. Ask yaa kaa mas'uul ah. Let her respond. You speak no more. Be direct. Very direct. No smile or humor. Be real.

Chimera   

lol 'no smile no humor', xaasidsana, why are you trying to sabotage the young brother for?, she would slap him with a restraining order before he could say 'Aabe...''

Somalina   

Originally posted by Mr Prince:

lol 'no smile no humor', xaasidsana, why are you trying to sabotage the young brother for?, she would slap him with a restraining order before he could say 'Aabe...''

:D

B   

First have short little convo's like Hi, hello, how are you? bla bla, then expand this further.

Good stuff my friend.

B   

Originally posted by Jacphar:

Have the courage to stand up and look directly at her face. Make strong powerful eye contact. Ask her where you can reach her parents. It is much better to do it in Somali. Aabe ma joogaa? If she says no. Ask yaa kaa mas'uul ah. Let her respond. You speak no more. Be direct. Very direct. No smile or humor. Be real.

That is a little too old fashioned so I think I will pass on this for the time being.

B   

Question for the ladies here: Do women like being chatted up, or do they find it a nuisances. I have no issue talking to women in the right settings like a club or whatever but approaching them randomly is a little awkward to be honest.

Ibtisam   

stuff and shidhouse.

Girls essentialy are 'show offs',
so if she likes you then she would want you to show interest to her while she hanging with her friends. Therefore gather your nerves, take a deep breath and walk up to her directly when she is in a group, just tell her you want to talk to her for a minute, if she is interested in you she will honor your request,
if she refuses, then forget about her, she is not worth it.

Mr. Prince, Can't believe you wouldwrite such that? Are you serious?

Haatu   

Man this brings back memories. B they are not laughing at you. If it's like anything I know, I would say they are giggling :D So take it easy and act real smooth.

B   

^ I understand you have been collecting information from these boards since you joined my friend. What you do with this information remains to be seen, whether you carefully annotating data at intelligence HQ or just simply reporting back to your bosses.

What is a simple Romanian like you doing here, you have made a good attempt to ingratiate yourself with the Somali people, singing their songs, empathises with their plight and pretending you know about Somali history.

Your story just doesn’t add. Others might overlook you being a spy but I will not.

Chimera   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

stuff and shidhouse.

quote:

Girls essentialy are 'show offs',
so if she likes you then she would want you to show interest to her while she hanging with her friends. Therefore gather your nerves, take a deep breath and walk up to her directly when she is in a group, just tell her you want to talk to her for a minute, if she is interested in you she will honor your request,
if she refuses, then forget about her, she is not worth it.

Mr. Prince, Can't believe you wouldwrite such that? Are you serious?
Why? If i was with a group of friends and a girl came up to me asking if she could talk to me for a minute, i would say sure, even if i'm not interested. Imagine the embarassement on her face if i said no? Imagine the embarassement on B's face if she said no? In that case that person is a douchebag and should be avoided at all cost.

and yes, women are 'show offs'(same with men, but B is a guy so it's non-applicable). Are you telling me you never have the urge to show off your fiancee/husband to anyone? Old friends?, classmates?, relatives?, never walked with him in a Somali mall and suddenly dragged him to a group of sisters ready to pick him apart then piece him together like he's Pinnochio?

B   

Originally posted by Haatu:

Man this brings back memories. B they are not laughing at you. If it's like anything I know, I would say they are giggling
:D
So take it easy and act real smooth.

You know that's the first time you have said something positive to me. They were giggling my friend, especially when I came back from my break.