Sign in to follow this  
ANTARA

Ayaan Hirsi moves to London with her B.friend

ANTARA   

History man heads home with his girl

After seven years working in the U.S., where he has taken the intelligentsia by storm, TV historian Niall Ferguson is returning to Britain — and friends expect his Somalia-born lover to accompany him, much to the chagrin of his estranged wife.

The former Oxford don, who this week called for history to be made a ­compulsory GCSE subject in a ­lecture at the Hay Literary Festival, is taking a year’s unpaid leave from his professorship at Harvard.

He and his feminist mistress, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, are planning to move to London

article-1282938-09D596DC000005DC-233_468

But they are unlikely to be ­welcome at the 11th-century pile near the Welsh border which his wife of 16 years, former newspaper editor Susan Douglas, renovated as a ­family weekend retreat.

While Susan tells friends she is delighted he is coming back because it means he will see much more of their three children, Ferguson’s move is bound to provoke mixed feelings — not least because they are in the throes of a divorce.

Insensitively, he brought his ­mistress to Hay-on-Wye over the weekend. It was there that ­Ferguson ­confirmed his return to Britain, ­saying he was excited by his friend David ­Cameron’s Centre-Right ­Government, which he is to advise on how history is taught in schools.

Ferguson also made a ­reference in his lecture to his ­domestic troubles. ‘Henry VIII’s ­marital problems led, of course, to the Reformation. I wish my own were as productive,’ he grandly told the ­audience.

I gather Ms Hirsi Ali has been ­welcomed into the bosom of the Ferguson family, with her lover’s parents joining them at the festival.

Later, Ferguson, 46, and Ms Hirsi Ali, 40, ­partied in a marquee in the grounds of the elegant home of ­festival ­chairwoman Revel Guest and her husband Rob Albert. ­

Ferguson talked about his new post as a visiting professor at the ­London School Of Economics.

Ms Hirsi Ali works for a ­Washington think-tank, but does not apparently need to be there full-time and will be writing books while in Britain.

I am told they made an attractive couple as they boogied next to rival historian Simon Schama and ­philosopher A.C. Grayling.

Says a fellow guest: ‘Schama was dancing on his own, doing vigorous star-jumps. Niall and Ayaan looked much more elegant.

‘They danced late into the night, with Niall at one point singing along to the Odyssey song Going Back To My Roots — which we all felt was rather appropriate.’

Hales   

Use your common sense in deciding the news that should be posted and what shouldnt be.

Dont follow external sources like a clueless beat stick, you can do better than that.

ANTARA   

Who is to say every one shares ur small idea of common sense. wat a genius!

It must have interested u since u have commented on it..if not, then there is no need for you to comment.

On a serious note, It might be of interest to some londoners.

Juxa   

being a mistress ma news bey noqotay.

hanuunka alle baa leh, maybe we should stop talking about her altogether

Malika   

^ I agree,attentionkaan should be focus on those whom accutually matters. Waxaa macnaleeh baa lagaa digee qoftaani,subhanallah!

Polanyi   

**yeah, guys, get with the times. Ayan Hersi is rarely discussed in Somali Cafes and other gatherings. Are we bovered? Am I bovered? (Rolls eyes)Maya: I don kar about her new boyfarend.

Juxa   

anagoon booyfareend iyo baalayo diin laga sheego aan lugaha gashan aanba joognaa galabgalab.

waaloo cabsadaa and i dont mean aduunkan.

nuune   

^^ meel agtaada ayey soo dageysaa, not far from the main street, invite her for a tea, and then ii soo sheeg, waan imaan anoo wato afartan shaabuug iyo jeedal, korkeeda ayaan murxin dhogorta adeega badan ee saaran haka daadato sidii mas xuub dhacsadey oo miciyaha laga siibey