Sign in to follow this  
Zafir

What’s more offensive?

Sayyid   

lool Ahura, All the years playing in the backyard of my school, I never fell in love with anyone!

I've got a phobia on blacks and whites!

For those of you who say black is beautiful, you don't really mean black blue is beautiful? No one thinks black-blue is beautiful. Look at those sudanese folks, they are very scary looking, and I don't call that beauty at all.

Arawella   

LazieG, that was an extremely racist remark! We are Allah's creation and Sudanese are beautiful people. Black is only a term used to describe people of African Origins including those of lighter complexion. I rather be called African than black for the mere fact that I am not black. In fact, I do not think a person with a black or white complexion exists.

A person with a dark complexion is no less beautiful and valuable than one with a lighter complexion.

Ibtisam   

For those of you who say black is beautiful, you don't really mean black blue is beautiful? No one thinks black-blue is beautiful. Look at those
sudanese folks, they are very scary
looking, and I don't call that beauty at all.

u are a self centred racist brat

STOIC   

If someone walked up to me right now and stamped the word black on my forehead, I wouldn't be surprised, but if some red headed dude walks up to me and calls me the N word-things my go down on the wrong lane in the freeway! The N word has enormous implications, I think on my status as a free black man. It would be a shame to all the black freedom fighters to accept that word from the white people. I like to think that I am a guy who doesn’t let words get to him, but this is the only word that gets under my skin. Heck you can even call me “skinny †and I wouldn’t even flinch!

One day two of my school friends invited me to join them for a lunch. I bounded along with them before the next period. Suddenly this blonde girl asked me if where I am from people spoke with the cliché sound (those of you who must have watched "god must be crazy" understand this). I nearly sank to the ground with laughter as she uttered those words! I was not offended by her words because she expressed the sensation of her mis-informed heart. I was partly urged by compassion to inform her that Africa is not Discovery channel.

J.Lee   

The elementary school I went to was predominately African-American; as a matter of fact I was the only Somali and non-American kid in my entire 3rd class. Anyway about a month into the new school year, the teacher got this bright idea and assigned us an "I am" project, were basically you talk about your childhood, where you were born, culture and what makes you unique so that the class can have an idea of who you are and what you present.

We had from Monday to Wednesday to assemble materials we needed for the project so that by Thursday the teacher could gauge our readability for the presentation on Friday, which I was looking forward to despite the misgivings I had about the project in the beginning. Before I knew it, Monday knocked out Tuesday, Wednesday put Tues. and Mon. in the hospital, Thursday the fulay came and left, finally it was Friday: the day of the presentations.

I decided to wear a little guntino instead of the ugly blue and white school uniform, I also had my hair braided ala Somali style. We had present in alphabetical order, so I had to sit patiently and wait until the teacher got to I's. When she called my name, I picked up my collage of pictures and I started talking about my favorite subject: Me. I was even enjoying myself, that is until this snot nosed a!shole saw fit to open his mouth and say speak African!. He even started tapping his hand against his cheek and clicking his tongue. I asked him if he understood sign language, and I flicked him off.

When I was almost done, the little ingrate gets out of his seat and says, "Miss B. shut up the African booty scratcher so I can go to recess." All my classmates fall out of their chair laughing, I on the other hand, already pissed off about his st!pid comment, saw blood particularly his draining out of his lifeless form. The teacher took him outside, I guess to reprimand him and when she got back in, she asked me if I wanted him to stay in as opposed to going outside, as tempted as I was about the idea I had bigger plans for him. I replied in the negative and got ready for recess.

As we lined up to go outside I kept hearing little mummers of that term and the clacking sounds. I smiled, oh he is going to get it good, I promised myself. Once we were safely outisde, what I did to that little rugrat had me suspended for a week. I wasn't stressed about it because I knew my parents would understand laakiinse when I got home the tongue lashing that awaited me made me feel so low about my reaction to his words...as if I wasn't even worthy of holding the TP that they wiped themselves with. To this day, I still remember my father saying over and over, "it's just words, words!" I didn't even defend myself, couldn't even say a word as a matter of fact, that is how embarrassed I was about my behavior.

The funny thing is, as soon as my hiatus was over and I set a foot in the class, the as!hole started doing the Tarzan yell, telling the class that is how they welcome people back in Somalia. I was impressed that he came up with a clever way to insult me about my origin. Of course, I laughed and replied back in kind. Something about how to shut up people with black-eyes.

Ever since then I never gave someone that much power over me and allowed their words to have any effect on me whatsoever. I learned that words are only offensive if you allow them to offend you as a result I live in an offense-free community. I wouldn't even give two shakes of a lemon pale if a white person called me n!gger,I'd probably act as if I'm cuckoo for cocoa puff or say something just as obscene.

Dhimbil   

Originally posted by
LayZieGirl
:

For those of you who say black is beautiful, you don't really mean black blue is beautiful? No one thinks black-blue is beautiful. Look at those sudanese folks, they are very scary looking, and I don't call that beauty at all.

How ignorant can you really get?

Katrina   

Come on guys back off LG, one should feel comfortable to speak their mind (within limits) online. There's more who think like that than the few of you...yelling and insulting them isn't the most effective way to chng a person's mind. All I saw was your this or that why not tell her why its untrue and wrong. At least she spoke her true mind unlike many trained monkeys who know what to say, when to say it and who to say it to.

Johnny B   

I think it all depends on what kind of Culture ( white man culture if you like) you find yourself in.

Personally i´ve been in a so weird situation so i learned the complexity,ambiguousness and meaninglessness of the name calling.

The Swedish terms neger, färgad and svart are somehow diffrently connoted than their Anglo saxon counterpart,( nigro, colored and black ).

I was 14 when my childhood freind Jörgen asked his father to ask my parents ( i told him to do so , cause i was denied) to let me follow Jörgen to his mother´s place in the countryside, and spend the weekend there.

Permission granted, off we took the train to XXX in the countryside where his mom lived.

In tiny XXX there was a refugee camp but thank heaven no Atheero was there, as me and Jörgen were hanging around with few local guys and girls we get acquainted with that friday afternoon.

Nothing intresting was happening in the hood so we´d to go (centrum)downtown where atleast we could see some sort of life, drunken but freindly adults, party going people, peer swaying and hapily happy older teens.

All of a sudden four refugee teenages three Arabs,one black guy showed up from nowhere and one of them (an Arab) winked at one of our girls, and all of a sudden fists were flying before i knew what has happened.

I took my natural side of the fight, i was exchanging punchs with an Arab guy as i overheard my dear freind Jörgen hitting the balck guy and screaming " dö din jävla neger " ( die you ******* Negro) and it sounded natural.

Later , as we were talking about what took place and how it all went, Jörgen was feeling self-conscious and embarrassed, and was making Jokes about his words and what it felt using those words.

i felt insulted by his Jokes.

Racism is natural and mutual,I think it all depends on who is uttering the hateful words and in what context.

but an undenieable tendency in my race is that they´re touchy about it, while most other races including whites take it with an stright backbone. ;)

Castro   

^ Dude, are you telling me you and your white friends beat up colored folk? I bet your white friends told you weren't like other black people? What kinda black man are you? :rolleyes: