Sign in to follow this  
Ashkiro

Memories of Xamar/Mogadishu

MZanzi   

Tuujiye ciyaaal banadir hoose dhexe hadaa ahaan jirtay ciyaalka xaafada aatahay ....Maqaaxida school ka ku dhex ooli jirtay maxaan ciyaal sambuus kaxoogay iyo jalaato tip top ..............

I still remember how our school use to whoop other schools when it comes to FOOTball ..there was this guy i forgot his name dadka reer jubada u ahaa laacib ahaa banooniga iyo cunug kale oo reer xamar ahaa ....

^^If you take via Liberia dhank Afisyooni, you will see Castro's fromer residence :D .

Mayya saaxiib, in my early years we were in Baar-bakiin, suuqa miijiska zone. From my middle school onward, I lived not far from the area good Val described.

Xiinow, you can easily distinguished Xamari iyo xamar sheegtooyaal(pre-war vs. post war Xamar) Haddii maqashid qof xaafada ku dhahaayo Barmuda, Black sea, Bosnia, Gubta, Birta dheer, Carafaat, etc kaas kac aa dhahee. Makhaayad aa xaafad laga dhigey iyo bir meel ku taal. Laakiin, markaa maqashid ciyaar quarto, geedka jaceylka, via liberia, via Roma, luujino, stadium konis, ciyaal bilaajo, jiiro norway, fiat..ma dhameen kare camu ...kaas xamar iyo nus waaye..

Adiga hadda Kismaayo aaba kugu ogayne shimee Miijiska iyo booli/buulo qaran imaaday. :D:D

ElPunto   

Yep too many feel good stories on Xamar. Did no one witness any ominous signs, people disapperaing, killings nada? The country was operating in a climate of fear and intimidation the last few years before collapse.

Personally - I find the qax stories more interesting - all the stuff people had to survive and go through.

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

Xiinow, you can easily distinguished Xamari iyo xamar sheegtooyaal(pre-war vs. post war Xamar) Haddii maqashid qof xaafada ku dhahaayo
Barmuda, Black sea, Bosnia, Gubta, Birta dheer, Carafaat
, etc kaas kac aa dhahee. Makhaayad aa xaafad laga dhigey iyo bir meel ku taal. Laakiin, markaa maqashid
ciyaar quarto, geedka jaceylka, via liberia, via Roma, luujino, stadium konis, ciyaal bilaajo, jiiro norway, fiat
..ma dhameen kare camu ...kaas xamar iyo nus waaye..

Adiga hadda Kismaayo aaba kugu ogayne shimee Miijiska iyo booli/buulo qaran imaaday.
:D:D

Waraa raggeedii aa tahay wallaahi. You made a good distinction there :D .

N.O.R.F   

My only memory of Xamar is the flight attendent closing the door of the plane on my left hand!

Can't remember the week we spent there but I hear it was very pleasant.

I remember in middle school days where we used 2 have Thursday's soccer/football matches, and we used to beat shty out of Banadir h/dhese :D I remember school kadis and I was member of my school Kadis team (I had my 15 mins fame on National TV and radio Mog. forks) little bragging there..lol I remember how as ciyaalka xaafad, we used to go to other xaafad for football"sharad" and how we got our *** beaten by other ciyaal xaafad after winning the match. I remember how we used to sneak out of the house on Friday afternoons and go to iskoolo bolisiya beach or secundo liido(by Al-aruba hotel) or sometimes to Jazeera/ or abayo dhaxan beaches.

I remember going to Savoy Center with other kids just to have a ride on the elevator and been chased out by the guards..or going to school farsamada hoostiisa to rent bikes. How about the ciyaaraha Gobollada in stadium Mogadishu mmm and we used cheer for Marka(sh/hoose,) I don't even know any reason why our family members used to like that team n not Banaadir.

And after school year closes, we( family) used to go to leego for weeks sometimes month or so. I cant really finished all the good old days here.