Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

The 'N' Word

Help me out with this - u guys are unbaised and objective. My grade 5 sister came from school yesterday very upset. When I asked her about it, she said that her friend called her 'nigger' at which point the other kids nearby copied and called her that also. I was surprised and asked how that came about. She said that they were playing a game where they make up names that start with the first letter of their names. Since my sister's name started with N the girl said 'nigger'. Now, my response was smack her in the face the next time she says it and report that to the principal.

Of course, I was joking a little. I told her to tell the teacher about it and not to play with that girl any longer. But do u think it's better if she just talked to the girl about how upset and hurt that made her feel? They were friends after all. It wasn't done with malice I think.

winnie   

i think by 5th grade (age 10) they are old enough to get the concept of racism. as a parent, id encourage the teacher to have a round about discussion about the subject.

Cara.   

I thought this was about the other "N" word. The really really bad one.

I'm pretty sure kids in grade 5 already known not to call someone "n!gger". Your sister's friend was being a typical, passive-aggressive dhoocil :mad: Girls are mean and slightly evil. They are also too damn clever by half. The best your sister can hope for is that the ringleader will have repented by Monday and everyone will pretend to have forgotten about it. But if it happens again, I say your sister should smack the little brat. No court of law will convict her.

Maf Kees   

Originally posted by Cara:

I'm a little tired, so please tell me what other N-word? Nudity?

Call her teacher and let her solve it.

A white girl gave my younger brother a bad attitude. So the dumbass sets her hair on fire and almost got kicked out of school. The rep of Somali students in our school was already rock bottom after a cousin threw a white boy through the window in school.

Pi   

Originally posted by Farah Blue:

A white girl gave my younger brother a bad attitude. So the dumbass sets her hair on fire and almost got kicked out of school. The rep of Somali students in our school was already rock bottom after a cousin threw a white boy through the window in school.

WTF! That would be grounds for an immediate expulsion. I'm sure you're brother could justify beating her up, but not toasting her. He should've just beaten her up or something. Some jugjugeyn, ya know!

As far as I can remember, I beat up (maybe I'm biased- so you can insert "fought with") one girl in my time at elementary. And I definately was justified in doing that as she would not give me her Jumbo King marbles after I beat here fair and square. It was a matter of principle.

But your brother is something different. How do you set someone's hair on fire. That takes alot of premeditation and planning.

One Qac kid iga dheh. :D

Scarlet: If the girl doesnt apologize profusely (after your sister explains how offended she is), your sister should declare war, and if the girl still doesnt apologize, she should follow through with some shock and awe! Freindship be damned!

Nephissa   

Having your sister talk to her will make it only worse. She'll tease her more the minute she figures it bothers her so much. I don't like violence, but sometimes it needs to resort to that. Tell her to kick her little white a$$. Sometimes it needs to be done.

I remebmer when I was picked on for a year by the same boy in elementary. Bigger than me, stronger than me, but not smarter than me. One day I had had enough of the taunting and teasing and name-calling and I just snapped. I grabbed the little b@st@rd by the throat, and lifted him about two inches off the ground (I was short, very short and he was about 5 inches taller than me) and decked him so hard that I broke his nose. That was horrible and I was kicked out of school :D . Now, I would not want that to happen to your sister, so someone other then her needs to kick that kid's a$$.

Nephissa   

Damn right! Slap first, ask q's later. :D Now, it's even better. Have your sister make the Chinese face, and go choing, choing choing, "Look at me! I'm Chinese."

Gabbal   

Being called the N word and the child's Somali? I don't know about you but young Horn in 5th grade was called "Ethi" and "African beauty scratcher" (and by the Afro-American kids too!) then the N-word. But I'm way old school so things might have changed. Sure seems like it. :eek:

J.Lee   

Beauty mise Booty? lol and you did look like one. Ah. Elementary school, how I miss it.

Kids are cruel but violence is not the answer. Blackmail is.

Seriously, if it bothered her to such an extent she should tell the teacher, have her arrange a meeting with all three of them present then try to explain to her (with images)the meaning of the term and its impropriety.

Something similar happened to one of my younger brother's friend (a freshman in H.S), he stabbed the kid several times in the arm with a switchblade. Shocking? friggin' shocked me dude.

Maf Kees   

Originally posted by Pi:

WTF! That would be grounds for an immediate expulsion. I'm sure you're brother could justify beating her up, but not toasting her. He should've just beaten her up or something. Some jugjugeyn, ya know!

Well I taught him never to hit a girl, no matter how obnoxious, or he'll have to answer to me. The little chump worked his way around the system to get back at her anyways. Trust me the consequences of his barbaric action was a traumatic experience for him.

I remember beating up an innocent kid during a Judo lesson, because my 2-years older uncle told me that he called me nigger behind my back. I was expelled for the next lesson (mainly because of the exaggerating screaming and crying), while my mini-uncle was laughing his azz off. I might write a book one day about the bullying by my mother's little brother. Dude had a habit of farting in people's faces while their mouths are open and harass every girl in sight.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Cara:

nayawater.jpg

Thirsty?

The child is so sensitive, wow I was called a nigger; call them a red-neck, cracker, and everything else. Sensitivity is not the way.

P.s

I dislike the adoons at my elementary school.

^ Uff. Sensitivity is not the way ma tidhi? :rolleyes:

Ya Allah, y'all scare me. Violence jacela dadku. The kid's ten for God's sake. As far as she's concerned the N word could be the word for black people around her house. Beating her isn't going to help her reach an understanding.

Dialogue not Violence.

Castro   

^ Let me guess. You're a lover, not a fighter? LOL.

Rubbish blood vomited:

Sensitivity is not the way.

P.s

I dislike the adoons at my elementary school.

Do you have any idea where I could find more adhi carbeed like you? I need about two dozen.