Holac

Developing: Djibouti throws DP World out - cancels its contract

Holac   

:D I will have you know, that, in this part of the world known as the Horn-of-Africa, in which the natural political order of things is that of "dog-eat-dog-world-sort-of-reality", only the certifiably "paranoid" actually stand any chance of going through the day without being "mauled", and still have the chance to tell the tale of day around the campfire with others.

:):)

Unlike these ARABS who thought they could own Djibouti, and came with a lot of arrogance, CHINA will  succeed.

Forget about suiting them, if you don't have strong card,  then you will be screwed like this.

I wonder what they will do in Berbera and Bosaaso,  what will this teach these Arabs? Good riddance!

I think this is better Djibouti, well done Omar Ghele, SOMALIS should support their brother for this courageous move!

8 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Unlike these ARABS who thought they could own Djibouti, and came with a lot of arrogance, CHINA will  succeed.

Forget about suiting them, if you don't have strong card,  then you will be screwed like this.

I wonder what they will do in Berbera and Bosaaso,  what will this teach these Arabs? Good riddance!

I think this is better Djibouti, well done Omar Ghele, SOMALIS should support their brother for this courageous move!

Courageous move in deed.

Oodweyene,

I would have very very weak knees if I were Somalilander. Becareful some of your leaders can be bought and put everything at risk. Here is what brought the ARABS against the Somali/Afar proud nomad. Read carefully:

"There was a heated meeting in Dubai in mid-February between Emirati and Djibouti officials where Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, the chairman of DP World, said something to the effect that the UAE would "send Djibouti back" to the conditions in which it existed before 2005."

Rest assured the stupid arrogant Arab is counting on Eritrea and Somaliland to achieve this. Gheulleh does not need to spend a penny or have a single gun to do this. Ethiopia has survival question. The Egyptians through Eritrea also will do something without spending a penny but sacrificing maybe some soldiers. Egyptian is visiting Somaliland.

Sadly I can see this quickly going to engulf more. The Liyu mayhave to pay a visit to your Somaliland. Gheulleh can count on pre-emptive action from Somali kilil and Puntland. That would be a bigger problem for you folks.

What ever friends you have in Ethiopia will not amount to anything. Its life and death to the country, plus Ethiopia has some principles money have not broken. They stood with Al Bashir all the years even against America.

Amber flashing: shortly will be red for you to stop and green for Djibouti to go.

• Like 1

Tallaabo   
3 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

Courageous move in deed.

Oodweyene,

I would have very very weak knees if I were Somalilander. Becareful some of your leaders can be bought and put everything at risk. Here is what brought the ARABS against the Somali/Afar proud nomad. Read carefully:

"There was a heated meeting in Dubai in mid-February between Emirati and Djibouti officials where Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, the chairman of DP World, said something to the effect that the UAE would "send Djibouti back" to the conditions in which it existed before 2005."

Rest assured the stupid arrogant Arab is counting on Eritrea and Somaliland to achieve this. Gheulleh does not need to spend a penny or have a single gun to do this. Ethiopia has survival question. The Egyptians through Eritrea also will do something without spending a penny but sacrificing maybe some soldiers. Egyptian is visiting Somaliland.

Sadly I can see this quickly going to engulf more. The Liyu mayhave to pay a visit to your Somaliland. Gheulleh can count on pre-emptive action from Somali kilil and Puntland. That would be a bigger problem for you folks.

What ever friends you have in Ethiopia will not amount to anything. Its life and death to the country, plus Ethiopia has some principles money have not broken. They stood with Al Bashir all the years even against America.

Amber flashing: shortly will be red for you to stop and green for Djibouti to go.

The issue between Djibouti and DP World is purely commercial in nature and has nothing to do with the GERD or Egypt. Moreover, Ethiopia itself is the one most interested in developing the port of Berbera for its own fast expanding trade, so any pickering between Somaliland and Djibouti (although there is none)  has no consequence for Ethiopian interests. Ethiopia can afford to be a spectator here. Therefore, the scenario you described where Somaliland, Eritrea, UAE, and Egypt are conspiring against Ethiopia is nothing more than your imaginations running out of control.