Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Can I get a white puppy for Eid?

Ibtisam   

Tell her the truth- that it is Haram in Islam- if she has had some Islamic education already she will understand-6yr is big.

Failing that tell her; everyone must stay with their family. The Puppy has his own family which he must stay with. It is mean and cruel to take him away from his family- after all she won't like to leave hers. If she says bring the whole puppy family- tell her he has a big family and the house will turn into a zoo. Then you won't be able to feed them and they will die- then it will be all her fault. icon_razz.gif

Juxa   

she is just a kid, kids love animals.

no need to scare her off, just explain it is wasaq with all its dhareer etc

Juxa- stop laughing it’s not funny. I have to give her a serious response, now scratch that pretty head of yours and give me an answer.

AT&T- what an id1otic comment.

Ibtisam   

CL there are strict conditions about for what reason we can keep dogs; It is only allowed for:

- A dog for herding livestock , a dog for hunting, Or a dog for farming.

The angels do not enter a house in which there are pictures or dogs as narrated in a saheeh hadith. We’ve also been told that a black dog has an element of shitan in him and if we see him at night we should seek refugee with Allah.

Lastly the impurity of a dog can only be removed by washing seven times, once with sand (if they touch a drink vessel/ cup or you touch it when its wet) this is worse than a Pig which the Qur’aan states are haraam and describes as an abomination are not as impure externally that you have to wash so often!

NGONGE   

Tell her you have no space for a dog and have no time to clean after it. You can do the haram thing but you'll only confuse her with that. A six year old would not fully understand what haram means.

Dogs are cool. I love dogs. If I lived in a house with a huge garden and sun all year round, I'd buy myself a dozen dogs.

Juje   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Tell her you have no space for a dog and have no time to clean after it. You can do the haram thing but you'll only confuse her with that. A six year old would not fully understand what haram means.

Dogs are cool. I love dogs. If I lived in a house with a huge garden and sun all year round, I'd buy myself a dozen dogs.

Warya ummada ha halajin.

Cynical be straightforward with the six old and tell her it is not appropriate to have a puppy in the house. Remember there are lot of things you will be telling her and this is just the first hurdle - don't duck go straight to the point.

Faheema.   

I have to agree with A&T (for once) it is worrying. It might be a simple and innocent thing a puppy today, but there will come a time when it's something more serious. Yes, she's 6yrs old, but these are the basics for a muslim child.

There are Children Islamic Books you could use to help her understand and learn the basics.

nuune   

^^ On Peace TV, there were 4 & 5 year olds reciting many sections of the Quraan when asked, they were even giving out Khutba on particular subject of their selection.

So 6 year old is not a kid, and everyone knows that!

Other would do fine, like Bakayle, or Sagaaro, but forget about eeyga