Che -Guevara

Prime Minister Hailermariam Desalegn Resigns

Stop digressing! We are not talking about GERD.

As protests have broken out just as they passed the state of emergency. And if they allowed to exercise the Article 39, many regions would have been independent by now.

37 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

As protests have broken out just as they passed the state of emergency. And if they allowed to exercise the Article 39, many regions would have been independent by now.

VOA latest

2 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Article 39 was put into the constitution by the Tigray and for the Tigray, only. No other ethnicity can use it as long as Tigray are in power and if they loose power, then the Tigray themselves will use article 39 to get out of Ethiopia to protect themselves against the retribution of a possible Oromo or Amhara led government.

^

Like the hanging sword of Democles, the Tigray intend to use article 39 as a nuclear option against anyone who might threaten their power.  

Che, Tillamook,

Tigray is the origin and base of Ethiopia and mainly Abyssinia (northern half of Ethiopia and Eritrea plus aparts of east Sudan).

The article 39 BTW is exact copy to that of Canada that is called Clarity act with Provinces. Unless you are interested only to use it accusation or blame one side or another. Actually the Canadian was passed 2001 and the Ethiopian 1995.

It also helps to do some research. Why not give credit to whom it belongs. You should also be proud that it was the Somali that insisted there be a peaceful way to leave Ethiopia, if the federation does not work for the Somali people in Ethiopia.

BTW even federal was first officially written into the WSLF conference before Tigray or Amhara who were together then.

Why do we jump to undemine the Somali? I have no idea. TPLF credit is they were the first ones to declare their support.

There will not be Oromo, Tigray or Amhara government. Either there is federal government or the country falls apart. The Afar will not accept this domination by one or another. The Oromo have been told clearly that their march to Arat Killo by mob rule will not be accepted.

That is the delay in replacing Prime minister. It will be a test for the Oromo if they are using the mob rule to blackmail the country as Jawar and company have stated or the Oromo will work for law and order.

^

Which is precisely what we’re arguing.

You admit that there will be no Ethiopia unless the federal system mainly run by Tigray remains in place.

The Somalis of the Ogaden are an occupied people who never had a say in your so called federal constitution, so stop trying to confuse people by saying it was Somalis who insisted on article 39. That is just plain nonsense, with a generous garnishment of hokum coupled with a side-order of balderdash to boot.

OO, stop trying to act like the Somalis will share the same fate with the Tigray. The Tigray for the last 30 years have made their own bed, now its time for them to lay in it. No amount of pettifogging and political chicanery will cause Somalis to share that bed of thorns with the Tigray.

Its the electronic age. Why not do some research.

You are not supportive of the Somali being in Ethiopia. All your arguments start from there. Almost all Somali in Ethiopia are convinced and chosen to be in Ethiopia. You don't accept this fact. Can't help there either.

Why do you need to put down fellow Somali, only because they did not choose Greater Somalia? Does it make you feel better. I am serious. What is the point arguing something that for now is not a priority.

Even ONLF the ones that fought to separate the region from Ethiopia, let alone you and I from sofa,  have come to the realization that it is not priority at this time.

Why not make this terrorism and Mogadishu  a priority rather than focusing on some dead end issues.

^

If that’s the lullaby that you use to put yourself to sleep every night, then by all means let me not mess it up for you then, OO.

This has nothing to do with me wanting greater somalia but rather with the Tigray trying to use the Somali as a shield against the wrath of the Oromo and Amhara.

All I’m saying is that we Somalis should step aside and allow the chickens to come home to roost for the corrupt Tigray regime.

Now is that too much to ask for..😁

I might on a concept basis agree with you, but do you know that there is 6-7 million Somali in Ethiopia? How could you be a spectator with such population who has been at war non stop for more than 100 years, there is recurring draught, Nomadic lfe is becoming difficult by the season and people need to be settled to farming, there is so much young people that you need labour intensive investments like textiles...

The Somali cannot be a spectator. Its not in his nature or culture.

I do not think the Somali sat down infront of a board and graded every other Ethnic and chose. Lets forget the three. Do you think the Somali has choice, but to be close to the Afar? Some things are just the way they are, beyond politicians or forum participants like you and I.

4 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

I might on a concept basis agree with you, but do you know that there is 6-7 million Somali in Ethiopia? How could you be a spectator with such population who has been at war non stop for more than 100 years, there is recurring draught, Nomadic lfe is becoming difficult by the season and people need to be settled to farming, there is so much young people that you need labour intensive investments like textiles...

The Somali cannot be a spectator. Its not in his nature or culture.

I do not think the Somali sat down infront of a board and graded every other Ethnic and chose. Lets forget the three. Do you think the Somali has choice, but to be close to the Afar? Some things are just the way they are, beyond politicians or forum participants like you and I.

I know you are loath to see the Somalis to remain spectators in the boondoggle that the Tigray have created in Ethiopia. But spectators they shall remain, so you might as well get your Tigray head ready for that. 

Also, you keep speaking of the Somalis in the occupied Ogaden region as if they are helpless, and when the shit hits the fan in Ethiopia that they will be sitting ducks. Rest assured, you need not worry about us... we will manage.😜

10 hours ago, Tillamook said:

I know you are loath to see the Somalis to remain spectators in the boondoggle that the Tigray have created in Ethiopia. But spectators they shall remain, so you might as well get your Tigray head ready for that. 

Also, you keep speaking of the Somalis in the occupied Ogaden region as if they are helpless, and when the shit hits the fan in Ethiopia that they will be sitting ducks. Rest assured, you need not worry about us... we will manage.😜

Tillamook,

I asked you repeatdly and pointed out to you that, the basis of your argument is Greater Somalia and  this prevents you to see clearly the reality on the ground today, reality on the ground.

There is a branch of every Somali entity in Ethiopia. Occupied Ogaden is wrong name, at the very least you could have said ccupied Somali in Ethiopia. At least that people can argue and say Djibouti, Kenya and Ethiopia are occupying the Somali as pointless as that sounds.

Whether you think the Ethio Somali or Djibouti Somali should start war to "be liberated" from Djibouti and Ethiopia and head to Mogadishu or create a new country is all not an option now.

Why can't you have the courage to wish every Somali in what ever region, country to have peace and development. You can at least trust me on this one. ONLF is in agreement now with Illey, it is time for reconciliation and peace for the Somali. Reconciliation alone is a very big undertaking.

MEDREK calls for a forum to transform current situation and orderly transfer of power for democracy and rights.

Therefore, the party is calling for a forum that will facilitate the democratic and peaceful transition of power. According to the statement, the party is committed for the realization of the forum and also called upon the pubic and members of the diplomatic corps to exert as much effort as possible for the realization of the dialogue and negotiation forum.

Medrek is a coalition of four political parties including the Oromo Federalist Congress (OFC), the Union of Tigrayans for Democracy and Sovereignty (Arena), the Sidama Liberation Movement (SLM) and the Ethiopian Social Democracy- Southern Ethiopia Peoples Democratic Union, now ESDP.

OFC is party of Dr. Merara Gudina and Beqele Gerba recently released from prison.

Tillamook, Che,

Here is your ally Jawar whom you were hoping to dismantle Ethiopia is calling:

Stop any demo or obstruction, this is provocation. The Oromo needs rest.

Oromo government call emergency meeting and expel Dr. Abiy (PM candidate) and Abadulla (speaker)

No Oromo should fight or die for Abiy to be prime minister.

Not even peaceful protest should be done.

I have been telling you that the Oromo went about it the wrong way. 40 million is not a good tool to intimidate other nationalities. It has already started. Like anyone else the Oromo also have a lot of local politics that is contradictory to each other. Respect of differences is important. Respecting their fellow Oromos was crucial. You cannot have 40 million people supporting you like sheep.

Victory has many claimants, but failure is an orphan. The Oromos should realize that in Amhara kilil the opposition is scattered here and there. Generally speaking the Amhara may be strong opposition to Tigray, but there are redlines they cannot cross. After all if the situation goes to military, they know which side most of the fighters are. Even the Oromo recognize this, if push comes to shove at this time all other kilils will side with federal.

If that happens its game over for facebook.

Can you imagine the Oromo now bringing Lema again as chairman and then get him elected to federal Parliament and then get him elected in EPRDF.

If EPRDF still goes ahead and elects Abiy that would be greatest set back to the Oromo. Hard to recover from for some time. He would be damaged goods.