Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Big Bang experiment on this Wednesday

nuune   

^^^ How,

So far the collider successfully completed its first major test by firing a beam of protons all the way around a 17-mile tunnel.

That test was done using the clockwise direction, so the next step is the counterclockwise, two beams of oppossite direction will be fired, this is where the atention will be.

^When will these two beams finally be fired on each other? any timing? I wonder if all these go wrong what will the outcome be? I mean according to these physicists involved.

nuune   

There has being some delays, but the real show will start on October smile.gif

GENEVA (AP) — June:

The world's largest atom smasher will likely be fired up again in October after scientists have carried out tests and put in place further safety measures to prevent a repeat of the faults that sidelined the $10 billion machine shortly after startup last year, the operator said Saturday.

The Large Hadron Collider was meant to restart in late September, but that will probably be pushed back two to three weeks, a spokesman for the European Organization for Nuclear Research said.

"We're pretty confident about the dates," James Gillies told The Associated Press, adding that scientists believe they understand the error that happened last year and how to prevent it occurring again.

An electrical fault caused by a faulty splice in the wiring shut down the giant machine on Sept. 19, nine days after it was started up with great fanfare.

The 20-nation operator, known as CERN, expects repairs and additional safety systems to cost about 40 million Swiss francs ($37 million) over the course of several years, Gillies said.

Once it is running, scientists will use the machine to smash together protons from hydrogen atoms inside a 27-kilometer (17-mile) circular tunnel under the Swiss-French border near Geneva. By recording what particles are produced by the collisions they hope to better understand the makeup of the universe and everything in it.

PS: Looking forward to dat indeed on this October coming :D

actually, what went wrong end of last September was, they couldn't do the anti-clockwise test, cuz of some faults(they blamed it on doolli or jiir), the two beams of oppossite directions TEST didnt go ahead!

SeeKer   

I was at work today looking at news sources when I came across this article stating that a renowned physicist, Holger Nielsen, believes that the Higgs Boson particle is traveling back in time and sabotaging the LHC. :DFull article here

Funnily enough he can prove this mathematically? :confused:

nuune   

Seeker, dat was good read :D

Jamaal, waxba ma ogid sxb, tijaabada uygu weyn November bey dhaceesaa, bal u soo fiirso adu waxa meesha ka dhacaa.

PS: Too much delays makes da work go perfect I guess, this time, smoothly

SeeKer   

^ Do you buy the theory or not? The article wasn't for entertainment lol smile.gif

I really am curious as to how he mathematically came about it.

nuune   

^^ Seeker, the comments and da article all sounded entertainment, u could tell how people r not buyin this stuff!!

I know alot of people are not into this experiment and are afraid that everyhin will go wrong when those beams of oppossing electrons are collided together and other similar tests.

But the question is, can we do it, with technology available to us, we can re-create what took place millions of years ago, but with laser force than that shaked and scattered matter to everywhere, and with that laser force, there is a possibility of findin out the antimatter.