Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Dad Slits Daughter's Throat.

BOB   

Kuwait City - A Kuwaiti father killed his 13-year-old daughter by slitting her throat in front of her siblings because he thought she was not a virgin, only days after he performed the annual Muslim hajj pilgrimage, newspapers reported on Wednesday.

The 38-year-old father, identified only as Adnan, blindfolded and handcuffed his daughter, Asmaa, before murdering her late on Tuesday as she pleaded for him to spare her life, Al-Rai Al-Aam said.

After cutting her throat a first time, the man, a civil servant employed with the Islamic affairs ministry, swapped the knife for one with a sharper blade while his daughter bled and screamed in pain as her two brothers and a sister watched, the daily added.

It said forensic examinations proved the girl was still a virgin. :(:(

The man was separated from his wife, it said, adding that he had told police he was imprisoned in neighbouring Saudi Arabia for 18 months for his extremist activities before he returned to Kuwait a year ago.

===>What is happening to our Muslim families these days? Where has our morals gone to and why did we choose to abandon our beautiful faith of Islam? a Muslim man is asking his daughter if she ever committed adultery at the tender age of 13? Subhanah-Allah....

May Allah restore our dignity and self pride and above all may he guide us all through the righteous path for we lost our sense of direction. Aamiin.

Peace, Loce & Unity.

bilan   

that is really sad, probably he will get what he deserves(execution). even if she was not he had no right to kill her.

Haddad   

Originally posted by BOB:

...why did we choose to abandon our beautiful faith of Islam?

Because of lack of Islamic leadership.

juba   

what a horrible tale! these people are crazed over the virginity thing that they even suspect a pre adolescent!!! virgin or not no one deserves to die like that :(

shyhem   

I don't wish death upon anyone but Whats the big deal about this?U guys have never heard of "honor killings" in the middle East.Weren't the Arabs the same pple who used to bury their own daughters alive before islam came to rescue them.

The only thing that separates us from the animals is our religion, and once we lose our faith.It doesn't really matter whether we go to hajj or not.There is no limit to the amount primitivity we can portray.

Nephissa   

This is incredibly sad.

Similar incident happened not long ago in the US Read below.

Police: Girl died after mother forced her to drink bleach.

Woman made 9-year-old son watch attack, authorities say.

Friday, January 14, 2005 Posted: 5:21 PM EST (2221 GMT)

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (AP) -- A woman angry with her 12-year-old daughter for having sex forced the girl to drink bleach and sat on her until the child died, a police detective said.

The girl's 9-year-old brother was forced to watch the attack, Detective Warren Cotton testified Thursday in a preliminary hearing for Tunisia Archie, 31.

Archie is charged with capital murder in the asphyxiation death of her daughter Jasmine. If convicted, she could be sentenced to death or life in prison without parole.

Cotton said Archie, who has been jailed without bond since shortly after her daughter's Nov. 26 death, told authorities she was disturbed because "her daughter told her that she was no longer a virgin."

She said she poured bleach into Jasmine's mouth and the child vomited, he said, then sat on her until she stopped breathing, Cotton testified.

Archie forced Jasmine's 9-year-old brother Jacorey to watch the attack and "told him that if he shed a tear that she was going to kill him, too," Cotton testified.

My guess is She's Muslim since she's named after an Islamic country (Tunisia 98% sunni.) Is this a proper punishment under Sharia Law?

^^^ i was thinking she might be afro american because of the name tunisia, and i dnt understand the question. is it proper islamic sharia to kill her daughter? no. it wed be following sharia if the mom was executed, since she commited murder.

Xafsa   

Originally posted by Warrior of Light:

Proper sharia will be 100 floggings.

That could only be used if the accused is willing to repent....you can't force punishment.

I used to get angry when I hear the word extremist....I thought it was just an attack on muslims in general. Truth be told some of the "muslims" in this world are out of control!

What happened to the middle ground? When did we take it upon ourselves to punish people for their sins...are we playing god now?

Am I wrong or are parents supposed to love and guide...the rest is in god´s hands. What would make a parent kill their own child?!!!

Haddad   

Originally posted by Xafsa:

What would make a parent kill their own child?!!!

For a myriad of reasons, one (at least) which could be perfectly valid. I am not talking about selfdefense. The Islamic history is full of examples where a parent killed his/her child (whether young or grownup) for valid reasons. As in every thing, there are exceptions, there's not "a parent can't kill his/her child for whatever reason." There's always a (at least) justifiable reason.