Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Do my eyez deceive me???

STOIC   

Now you guys might be wondering why on earth is STOIC a firm beleiver in anti-smoking,an eco-militant, and an animal right operative is not against a muslimah smoking.Smoking is a serious problem that causes not only ill health but also of many death world wide.I wish Kheyr should had rephrased his article to adress the smoking problem in a wholesome.May be he was raised up in a culture where women are not allowed to smoke in public but men are given the free pass.Whatever the reason Mr Kheyr,Allah says in the Quraan "Don't kill or destroy yourselves for verily Allah has been to you most merciful"(Quraan 4:26-29).If i may be confident with my limited knowledge, i think this Aya applies to both men and women.I know Kheyr your intentions were purely honest when you posted the thread.I am sorry to remind you that your audiences here are mixed.It would have been helpful had you neutralized your approach and slapped a cogent argument in the face of your audience.May be we will not have had all this vehement, loud, and noisy nomads in your backyard.Your intentions were good since you did not view your sister in Islam suffering with complete composure.We are all a piece of Islam!.

***He sips at his cup of cofee,looking forward to the day-InshaAllah***

why are we always like to change the subject. here we are talking about some one who is disrecpecting the reliogion. wearing hijaab and smoking in public give the younger generation okey sing. let us not take the topic who is right man or women.

khayr I have to agree with. the way that womemn duisrespect her iman and the whole nation of islam is like throwing kitaabka kariika ah in a toilet.

may alaah guide us in the right path.

khayr I have to agree with. the way that womemn duisrespect her iman and the whole nation of islam is like throwing kitaabka kariika ah in a toilet.

Amazing.

Foxy   

Goonle,

my newly found critic

Hope You are getting a kick out of this back and fort posts……..God Know I am having a laugh on how idiotic it seems…..

Any way bro,they say Good Social connections add about 9 years to your life expectancy, compared to bad connections, so I am gone be a good sport here, and pretend that what U understood in the context of my earlier post is as you may already conceived it be and play along that role………

For the sake of argument Yes I am firm believer of equality when it comes to both sexes, and Yes I do tend to speak my mind out, but what the heck on earth does this have to do with U passing on judgments like and

I quote in one of Your posts in regards “a muslima havin a fag somewhere†[Foxy Brown] [a society that has historically placed women in a second class position.]

I see we got an up and coming Ayan Ali Junior wannabe. Sweetheart its a terrible thing when u refuse to live within the parameters of womanhood simply because you re in constant denial and competition with men. All this feminism will lead u to a lonely apartment at the age of 40, with no man nor kids. Accept your position in society and ulle have less comptempt.

If I am not mistaken its You who is taking the context out of proportion, but needless to say this conversation isn’t going anywhere and I rather let it rest to dust than argue about it.

Optimism and positive thinking have the benefits of transforming negative events in to positive ones.

peace

Originally posted by wiil_duco:

why are we always like to change the subject. here we are talking about some one who is disrecpecting the reliogion. wearing hijaab and smoking in public give the younger generation okey sing. let us not take the topic who is right man or women.

may alaah guide us in the right path.

Wiil Duco?,[More like Wiil who Needs Duco ],Say Wat?

Indeed,May Allah Guide us.With such absurd thinking,one will actually need To be Guided to the right Path :(

Originally posted by 7 of Nine:

The content you say? Which might be what
Xaaji-duul-duul
? As some of the others, it went right over my head.

Lets call a spade a spade… the intent and the content are intertwined. The intent is as baleful as the content.
icon_razz.gif

Shanka-Roon aka Falxado ma adigii baa? Maxaa kaa magacya-badan! All I was saying was let's not lynch the brother.

Jacpher   

In this age of political correctness, one has to be careful specially issues relating to women. Those of you lynching Kheyr, I think are in line with the proverb “Do as I say, not as I do†which does not work in today’s society.

I think it’s ridiculous to compare displaying Islamic image and smoking in public with throwing the Qur’an into the toilet. Smoking is simply a choice which can be a result of jahli or naf and sheydaan while the latter is an act of disrespect to Allah, Islam and all Muslims.

Khayr   

Salams,

In Quraan Surah Furqaan Allah (s.w.t- The Exalted) says:

"They walk on earth in humility and when the ignorant ones address them, they say: Salaam."

A case of two women was came to the attention explained of The Holy Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). One woman while engaging in abundant Salaat (Daily Prayers), Saum (Fasting) and Thikr (Remembrance of Allah) was in the habit of causing difficulty and inconvenience to her neighbours. The other woman, although not engaging in an abundance of Salaat (Daily Prayers) and Saum, refrained from harming her neighbours. The Holy Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) described the first woman as an inmate of Jahannam(Hell) and the second woman as an inmate of Jannat (Paradise).

A few questions to ask those who have responded

1. How you see yourself in any situation, affects your response;reaction, towards it.

So, how do you see yourself first and foremost

a)Muslim

b)Gender (Male/Women)

-Meaning do you see yourself as a women before you see yourself as a Muslim etc.?

Do you have a sense of 'family responsibilty'?

i.e. If you go and get someone pregnant or get pregnant, wouldn't you be afraid of how your

ACTION would effect the IMAGE of your Family? If Yes, then how come you seperate your actions

as a 'MUSLIMM' , from the DEENN . I mean when someone

qarxiis duulkaa baanada indiscriminately, don't you look at yourself as a 'MUSLIM' and try to seperate their ACTIONSS from yourself. Why? Isn't it b/c they are representing YOU-the MUSLIMM (to the outside world, you are MUSLIM first, then women/man, somali/west indian etc.

Fi Amanillah

x_quizit   

This one was too juicy for me to ignore, as the endless "women are this, and that" topics have long lost their allure....BUT....just this once, I'll indulge the blatant sexism :mad: ...If only these so called men focused on themselves first rather than pointing fingers at others...

So Kheyr if u were truly looking at the situation as a MUSLIM, only, then your response or thread would have stated that you are shocked to see a MUSLIM acting that way, rather than first mentioning her GENDER which led many to rightly believe you were more shocked about her being female than you were her tickling ur islamic notions of purity :rolleyes:

So therefore you urself have responded to the situation based on YOUR GENDER rather than just stating the facts and addressing both sexes on the dangers of smoking and how it is a direct affront to OUR religions' teachings.

Let's stop the double standards and if your gonna lecture, pls included both genders as the noble Quran wasn't just addressed to the fairer sex.

Not for a second do i believe this topic was brought forth out of real concern, but it is a veiled attempt to again put down the female, all in all using religion as a guise. At least have the balls to state ur true thoughts intead of hiding behind Islam, now that is cowardice at its height.

Thank u, have a nice day:)