Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Do my eyez deceive me???

Khayr   

Salaams,

This afternoon I saw something that got me disgusted, sickened to my stomach and feeling that my deen was being put to SHAME!!!

Picture this

On a very pleasant and sunny, mild july afternoon,

you are minding your business, enjoying the weather. Amidst the downtown rush, you come across a walkway and Stop at the Red Light!

You are gazing about, admiring the beauty of the day....when suddenly an image of islammmm

appears 12'oclock...MashaAllahhhh

A Muslimah wearing a Muslimah version of a suit

(skirt and jacket with Hijab) standing...enjoying the afternoon...enjoying the shade.................andddd....

enjoying....a SMOKE, a Cigarette!!!

SUBHANALLAH:eek: :eek: :eek:

and...to top it all off, a few feet away from her was a male figure, possibly her husband/brother etc....trying to distance themselves from...from...her SMOKE break! redface.gif

Abu Sa"id al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) had said:

"Whoeverrrr amongssst you sees anything objectionable, let him change it with his hand, if he is not able, then with his tongue, and if he is not even aablee to do so, then with his heart, and the latter is the weakest form of faith.

Abdullah bin Mas’ud who narrated that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:

"NNNever before meee had a Prophet been sent by Allah to his nation who had not among his people disciples and companions who followed his ways and obeyed his command. Then there came after them their successors who said whatever they did not practice, and practised whatever they were not commanded to do. He who strove against them with his hand was a believer; he who strove against them with his tongue was a believer; and he who strove against them with his heart was a believer; and beyond that there is no faith, not even as minute as a mustard seed."[

Fi Amanillah

I saw something that got me disgusted, sickened to my stomach and feeling that my deen was being put to SHAME!!!

Funny, that's exactly how I feel about this topic.

What, just because she is a woman she can't smoke? Is it a male right? For goodness sake, save us the sanctimonious crap. :rolleyes:

*Starts rolling a Rizla* icon_razz.gif

Abu Sa"id al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) had said:

"Whoeverrrr amongssst you sees anything objectionable, let him change it with his hand, if he is not able, then with his tongue, and if he is not even aablee to do so, then with his heart, and the latter is the weakest form of faith

Damn.Right Bro. You did your Job. Now What?

At the end of the day,you have to go back home,worry about your New wife[btw,hows she?],basically your life. I think YOU should worry most about your iman,deeds and misdeeds.[which am sure you have,like all of us].Work on thy self.

Anywhoo,Did you happen to go to the sister and ask her? why shes smoking?

*Yuck@ a woman who smokes!*...Really Yuckie :(

:D @Zeph

STOIC   

AS I was walking down the street i heard someone scraping the match against the box!.The noise was raspy and loud.I wondered could it be another looser on smoke break!.A wisp of smoke threads upward as i glanced at a muslimah's mouth!.I got so annoyed at how she is against her beleif, revered traditions and cherished customs.How dare she smokes i wondered?.Does she thinks smoking makes a person tactful and socially experienced?.I bet she is a loud-mouthed, shrewish and turbulent woman at home.Where did the women of free of complexes ended up? is this the kind of women we want in our society?....... :D

OLOL   

don't they( both sexes) smoke Hookah and Tobacco non-stop in the Arab streets?

I don't see what is so controversial about a well dressed Muslimah smoking some cigarette?

I know a large number of Somali mothers, aunties, grandmothers who are chain smokers...it is not nothing new. Some even chew Qat and transgress in other unhealthy habits.

aren't we becoming so small minded and Alarmingly over-zealous on trivial matters these days?

Kheyr, why are you flaunting hadeeth when …

A lot of Somali men smoke…

A lot of Muslim men smoke…

A lot of people smoke…

Why are you singling a Muslimah out? And from the way you express yourself, you seem to think of her even less of a human being…. :rolleyes:

LoL...

The typical double standards. Muslim men and especially Somali men smoke like chimneys yet act all scandalized at the thought of a female smoking. What is it, do as I say but not as I do?

The cancer stick doesn't discriminate. It's addictive for both genders.

Funny how Hadeeth's are always waved at females...like it is only ever relevant for them alone. How incredulous.

[Edit] 7...You beat me to it. :D

Castro   

Originally posted by Khayr:

Salaams,

This afternoon I saw something that got me disgusted, sickened to my stomach and feeling that my deen was being put to SHAME!!!

A Muslimah wearing a Muslimah version of a suit

(skirt and jacket with Hijab) standing...enjoying the afternoon...enjoying the shade.................andddd....

enjoying....a SMOKE, a Cigarette!!!

Khayr, she might even be hooker too! You know how it is, if she smokes then she hooks too.

Dude, please return to the cave you crawled out of. I'd have given you some benefit of the doubt if you mentioned the health hazards of smoking that are specific to women. But assaulting your deen? Niggah please!

Khayr   

Salaamz,

I have indicated that because she was wearing a Hijab and the SIGN OF ISLAM was all over her...to be the point of contention and not because

she is a Female.

If I saw a Muslim brother wearing 'identifiable' muslim clothing and a muslim cap, with a beard.....smoking or hitting on girls or with alcohol....i would similiar comments!!!

When you are a SYMBOL of the Deen and you are doing something contrary to the ISLAMIC TRADITION,

then there is a Problem!

I have indicated that because she was wearing a Hijab and the SIGN OF ISLAM was all over her...to be the point of contention and not because

she is a Female

You reckon she would take her 'Identifiable outfit',when shes smoking!

Advice to females: Take off your mandetory hijabs,[Don the capri pants! woo hoo],for you are going to run into KHAYR,who doesnt like A SMOKING FEMALE![Heh,and i dont mean it in a 'Smoking kinda hot way,NO! i mean like smoking a ciggarette,kinda smoking,hehe i keeel myself!] .Bewarned.be very warned!

Fantastic! :rolleyes:

Do you know how silly you sound khayr?

Ahh...I see. Because she is wearing the hijab, the sign of Islam, she has no right to a life. Perhaps she should have taken it off for her fag break. :rolleyes:

On a side note, I see a lot of little bearded/khamiised men smoking. Especially on Fridays. Especially in West London. And funnily enough, no one finds it that contentious.

What a bunch of dad-cun you lot are. icon_razz.gif

Kheyr, ones bad habits do not negate their diin. So they dont have to don on another look (heh..how funny..takin off your clothes for a fag) :D .

hey i get what he is saying, it is bit strange and contradictory for any muslim to do something while you can so obviously see that they are a muslim; like on eid, especially in london, you see somali people going RAVING with a hijab on; same way if your wearing a hijab, you don't go into a pub to use the toliet, or go to pub, with ur work mates so they can have a drink while u sip coke; yet i have seen all of these things!!

it is important to understand that when u identify ur self as a muslim and people see you doing something wrong, it is i saw a muslim doing this, so your trashing islam;

smoking, i don't find it that annoying, but i find it really annoying when a hijabi sits infort of u on the bus and starts making out wid her boyfriend (even if he is her husband i don't care; get a room) or take off ur hijab and cabiya.

OLOL   

heh..how funny..takin off your clothes for a fag)
[/i]
:D
. [/QB]

for a second, I was confused there, but then it occured to me that you guys are in England where a cigarette and fag are basically the same.!! what a language!! Here, across the other side of the Atlantic, that sentence would have had some homosexual connotation....and would have sounded sickeningly bizzare....

It is these bigheaded double standards (singling out Muslim women for some negative discretion)

that shuts out a lot of decent folks who are so romantically and intellectually interested in ourt beautiful Islamic culture.

Pucca   

its disgusting to see a man smoke, whether he be a muslim or not; BUT its even more disgusting to see a woman smoke. IT JUST IS! however, NOTHIN is more sick than seeing a somali woman wearing her garbasaar sitting outside her door smoking. <<<seriously sick.

ta ta