Sign in to follow this  
OG Moti

Saddam Hussien ... Share your opinion

OG Moti   

I have been watching the saddam hussien trail for awhile, and I was amazed how this man was singled out and discriminated, I am not a lawyer and I don’t know anything about laws, but all I know is this man should not be trailed and charged this way, first the showed humiliated images of him when captured, and now they put him in front of a young judge whom seemed clueless and took the place of accused and Sadam took total control, I tent to believe the same words that came from Sadam’s mouth that this was “a theatre” and drama was set and directed by Americans and whoever kisses their assses..

The point I wish to make is, this was shown in bits and pieces to gain Arabs support and to turn the wheel on their way, but it seems it is not working, because honestly, I never liked the man and I always thought he was an animal, but now and after seeing this, it made me favor him and support him, his words, control and knowledge of his rights made him win my support as a Muslim first and as a man who has ultimate respect to human rights… "That is me"

My opinion in this is that Saddam was a president and he lost his powers by outside and unwelcomed forces, and I am not saying his rights to be president should be restored, all I am saying is by law these crimes were committed while he was president and the whole world didn’t do anything about it at that time, so by law he is entitled immunity,

I think Bush, Blair, Our Warlords, and many others should be charged too if sadam is charged… What do you think? And don’t worry about some of the SOL members being FBI or CIA eyes on Somaliaonline… the worse that could happen to you is a free ticket to Havana.. peace

Viking   

I think he looks more humble than he did with the moustache. He somehwat resembles the late Edward Said. The plight of Saddam is not surprising, as Allah (SWT) told us in the Noble Qur'an...

"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors; they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust. (The Noble Quran, 5:51)"

He was an unjust ruler who created alliances with the west and they used him to try and stop the Islamic Revolution from spreading. Today he is being charged with starting the war with Iran! lol. He was helped by the Americans and Brittish to fight the Iranians and he is today charged with starting the war. Atleast Khomeini died with dignity and is respected by people all over the world.

Baashi   

Same here No sympathy for him. But I very much question the legitimacy of the prosecutors. They too have blood on their hands.

OG Moti   

You shouldnt feel sympathy for him if he was trailed by muslims i should say unbias trail.. but lets be realistic the man was a president, recognized by the whole world and he was stripted his powers by outside forces, and the whole thing is not right.. and definitly not legal... in that sense i believe strongly he should be freed for the sake of Law and just... I repeat i dont like the man, but the procedures are wrong .. legally wrong.. tell ur opinion about these issues

1. Shall Sadam hussien trailed this way?

2. Do you think these procedures are legal?

3. Should he be called Mr. Sadam or president Sadam? "American X-presidents are still called Mr. president even Nickson"

4. Do you think Bush should be charged same crimes since he committed similar crimes in the name of democracy? which makes it worse than Sadam's crimes in my opinion but my opinion should not effect your judgment...

5. Do you think this trail has any sense of fairness?

please answer these question with your own opinion... and be objective... peace

at the end of the day, who cares what he is called?

He was responsible for the deaths of innocent men, women and children.

And I personally do not care how they dispose of him.

AYOUB   

I think Saddam should be greatful if he is punished for crimes before he dies. At least he might have it easier in the hereafter smile.gif

Just wanted to correct one thing Viking said, Saddam's invasion of Iran HAS NOT been included in the charges, atleast not today's. I don't think Dumsfelf and Bush Snr would want that can of worms to be opened.

PRELIMINARY CHARGES

Anfal campaign against Kurds, late 1980s

Gassing Kurds in Halabja, 1988

Invasion of Kuwait , 1990

Crushing Kurdish and Shia rebellions after 1991 Gulf War

Killing political activists over 30 years

Massacring members of Kurdish Barzani tribe in 1980s

Killing religious leaders, 1974

_40336733_picgalldoublepointap.jpgHe branded US President George W Bush "the real criminal" and said his trial was part of Bush's "campaign".

NGONGE   

58, this is not a trial, saaxib. At least not yet anyway, it was just a hearing. As for the immunity part, according to international law and the Geneva convention he had diplomatic immunity as a captured president in a war. But, the clever Americans have "handed" him over to the now "sovereign" government of Iraq and that government decided to regard him as a criminal. Again, according to international law, everything here is legitimate because the United Nations have recognised the new government of Iraq.

Now the second part, is it a fair trial? Of course not. Is Sadam right by referring to the court as a theatre? Absolutely. I'm not a lawyer so I'm not going to attempt to explain the mumbo jumbo of due process and being innocent until proven guilty. Like I said, I'm not going to try explaining it but the only thing I'll say is that despite the fact that the whole world seems to know of all of Saddam's atrocities, those prosecuting him will still have to present incontrovertible evidence that he had planned, participated in or approved some of those crimes. Hearsay is not enough for conviction.

The above is all the more important because Iraq wants to present itself to the world as a new country, a country that is the opposite of everything Saddam's Iraq represented. They need to start as they mean to go on. If they bungle Saddam's trial and let their lust for blood and revenge take over they'll prove Saddam right when he said it's nothing but a theatre.

I can't say I have sympathy for Saddam nor that I'm happy to see the satisfaction on the faces of the Americans at the humiliation of someone who for a very long time was a symbol of Islamic leadership (no, not in that way). The whole thing stinks. :(

Originally posted by Devil's Advocate:

Saddam had it coming to him.

And I feel no sympathy towards that evil man, neither should anyone.

I agree with Devil's Advocate.

mojam   

"the worse that could happen to you is a free ticket to Havana.."

:D

Personally, i think that saddam got what he deserved. His friends have come after him as enemies ... i say hang him for being sooo dumb.

A7LA-SHU   

sorry to kill the fun out of this. but i seriously don't think of him as criminal or someone who did ish.. i mean if it is big deal the fact that he killed innocent ppl. why Bush isn't in trial or that fatt azz B!tch Sharoon?? they kill innocent ppl day in and day out.. so save me that "ohhhhhh Saddam had it coming"

AYOUB_SHEIKH.. i think so too.. i really think Allah loves him to make him go through all this in this world. when i look at it that way i don't feel that bad for what he is going through. but still can't stand someone Muslim being treated like dat by some ugly monkey person like Bush... but Allah has good reason to why this is happening.

Paragon   

Well, I have no say about what Saddam did or didn't, since all I know of him and 'his alleged atrocities' were narrated to me by what I believed to be a biased media and propaganda. Who I am to judge some with one side of the story? And as sister Magnoona rightly raised, if he is a culprit, how about Sharoon, the Bushes and blair? If what we are talking about is in the context of fair judgment and clarity, other leaders too must be brought before justuce. Its very clever of some to expect Muslims to condemn their bad and condone other societes' bad ones; sharoon,blair and bushes. We shouldn't fall victim to a psychological divide and conquer, or infect our societies with the contegious 'democracy'.

Salma   

Frankly, i dont trust the News, I dont trust the TV, I dont trust the American Administration. I dont believe anything they say till i make sure. I think Bush and the American Administration are showing us this trial just to cover and let the ppl 4get about their scandal in Abo Guraib's jail and the daily scandals they are doing everywhere in Palestine, in Iraq, in Saudi Arabia and everywhere. Its time to let ppl concetrate and focus on Saddam's triall more than anything. But this is not weird action at all from the American Administration.

1- When the Serbs killed the bosnian muslims, the whole world begged USA and UN to stop this massacre and ethnic-cleansing against this muslim nation but USA didnt care and they considered the matter internal issue and not international, while when IRaq invaded Kuwait they sent their armies right away to save the Kuwaiti nation. what for ?? 3ashan sawad 3yoona, no of course. They wanted to keep and save their own businesses and purposes.

2- When the Serbian dictator Slobodan Milosevic was caught, they didnt do a trial for him as they did to Saddam now, they sent him to the International Court of Justice. See the difference??? Yes Saddam is a killer, a murderer, a criminal and killed and tortured millions but even the murderers have the right to be judged in a right way. Not by another murderer like Bush.

3- Ppl who think that USA is leader of Liberty, Human Rights, Freedom and Justice should think twice why USA is doing this to Saddam today. And why they are not treating Sharon the same, the Russians who are killing the Chichins and the Big Monkey Bush. They are all dictators and criminals. So who is gonna judge them?

Anyway, the Real Judge Is Allah and the real Justice is with him only. Namrud is dead, the Pharoh is Dead, Stalin is dead, Lenin is Dead, Hitler is Dead,Golda Mayer is dead, Bin Goryon is dead, Moshi Dayan is dead, so do Bush and Sharon.

mojam   

Originally posted by AYOUB_SHEIKH:

I think Saddam should be greatful if he is punished for crimes before he dies. At least he might have it easier in the hereafter
smile.gif

I think his intentions were good but he got carried away. He wanted what's best for his country. He wanted to have a country that was a good match for Israel to protect his country, but as time went by he got carried away & he forgot about god because there was no one who could punish him for all the crimes he was commiting.