Deeq A.

Somaliland: Police detain Ms. Naima before leaving for Mogadishu

Deeq A.   

download-3-10.jpg

HARGEISA– Immigration police arrested Ms. Naima Abwan Qorane yesterday while she was about to depart from Egal airport in Hargeisa, Somaliland capital. Ms. Naima was due to catch a flight to Mogadishu, the capital of war-torn Somalia and her parents confirmed the detention of their daughter. She has been living in Mogadishu as she publicly admitted that she is a staunch believer of Somalia unity. She made speeches calling for the unification of Somaliland and Somalia to form the greater Somalia. Ms. Naima lobbies for her ideology via the social media without hiding her agenda. It is not known if Somaliland police arrest Ms. Naima for her federalism beliefs. Somaliland authority has a zero tolerance policy towards its citizens that travel to Mogadishu and publicly claim that they are campaigning for Somali unification. Somaliland government has not issued a statement regrading the arrest of Ms. Naima and the motive behind her detention. Ms. Naima is a Somaliland by birth.

This is a video Ms. Naima delivered a speech in Mogadishu.

Holac   
1 hour ago, Deeq A. said:

HARGEISA– Immigration police arrested Ms. Naima Abwan Qorane yesterday while she was about to depart from Egal airport in Hargeisa, Somaliland capital.

Somaliland must release Af-Barwaaqo. She is just a poet.

Holac   

She keeps saying her family is from "Somali Galbeed". I am assuming she is referring to Oodweyne's clan or Awdal clan. 

Why would she come to Somaliland when she is aware of the laws? She braved it and now waa inay xabsiga liinta ku cabto. Give her 2 years minimum. 

3 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

Why would she come to Somaliland when she is aware of the laws? She braved it and now waa inay xabsiga liinta ku cabto. Give her 2 years minimum. 

Is the secessionist idea that fragile?

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Miyir   
1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

I am keep asking the same question again and again no answer, looks like that way, not much grass root support.  

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

3 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Since this whole Unity thing is not going to fly. It is more like unwanted ear pollution than anything else.  

YoniZ   

Abwaanku wariyaha cashar fiican oo qiima badan ayuu u dhigay. Tusaaleyn iyo turxaan bixin intaba si kooban ayuu ugu sheegay. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Holac said:

She keeps saying her family is from "Somali Galbeed". I am assuming she is referring to Oodweyne's clan or Awdal clan. 

Somali Galbeed is In Ethiopia,  dhulka Ethiopia haysayo ee Soomaalida. 

Holac   
1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

Somali Galbeed is In Ethiopia,  dhulka Ethiopia haysayo ee Soomaalida. 

I understand that. What I meant is that these clans have strong presence in Somali Galbeed as well as Hargeisa. 

1 hour ago, Holac said:

I understand that. What I meant is that these clans have strong presence in Somali Galbeed as well as Hargeisa. 

In other words, GABADHU waa qolama? :) Miyaad dooni lahayd saaxb?