Sign in to follow this  
Jamster

The Phenomena of the Somali Euro-trash

NGONGE   

^^ Can't blame the guy though. It sounds like a typical Somali (African) party. Still, it's a shame he didn't bother commenting on the actual reason for this party.

Waar horta soma;lida iyo cousin-nadu maxay un isu daba socdaan. mid kasta wuxuu/waxay leey(d)ahay "aniga iyo cousin-kayga "

LooL@ Caano...over 25 syndrome dheh!

Cheers

Cousin-nadu markay dhalinyaro yihiin way is raac-raacaan. Laakin markay adiga iyo anigoo kale noqdaan waa un iswacaan, oo waxaaba dhacda inaysan muddo is arkin!

*waves madly at NG*

How was the holiday? I hear you took full advantage of the Syrian maid. Its always satisfying to get your money's worth for a trip icon_razz.gif

So the euro-trash talk is about Sheeko's do? I was invited anonymously, but I didnt go. The flyers clearly stated what to expect. Raving isnt my scene. Still, I see that the poster has gone and chicken danced his head off and yet feels it appropriate to bad-mouth the event. What do they call that? Hint: It starts with H. ;)

Faheema.   

What was the purpose of the Launch Party again? ..They had one on their first issue right?... Is there going to be another one when they print the 3rd issue perhaps?

Gives a launch party a whole new definition.

NGONGE   

Hi Serenity,

The holiday was great. Syria is a very beautiful country and most of the people are extremely hospitable.

Upon arrival I took a taxi from the airport and instructed him to take me to the Somali part of Damascus (where a couple of my friends live). On the way there, we had the usual conversation about the weather, traffic and Syrian maids! He was offering to rent me a flat, complete with my very own maid. He promised that for the equivalent of twenty pounds per night the maid will cook for me, wash for me, clean for me and satisfy my every need. I can’t really deny that I was tempted but unfortunately, I had already phoned my friends and told them that I was on my way. I had no idea what arrangements they made for my accommodation, but they did insist that I don’t go to any hotels before meeting them first. I told all of this to the taxi driver and sheepishly declined his offer. He was not done though. He carried on trying to convince me of the benefits of having a flat of my own with a cooperative and helpful maid! The more I declined the more he want on describing this maid of his. She was a hard worker with a fit physique and lovely inviting eyes (apparently). She was going to satisfy my EVERY need (cook, clean and wash). When I carried on declining he sighed loudly and abruptly asked me: ‘do you like big breasts?’. I didn’t answer his question of course but was suddenly more than interested in hearing about this amazing maid.

We got to my friend’s house and the taxi driver insisted on giving me his phone number just in case I got bored and needed a healthy maid to wash my underwear! I must have lived a sheltered life to be honest. Because when I finally got to see my friends and told them about this taxi driver come state agent, they all laughed and told me that he was nothing but a pimp! Regrets? I suppose you can say that I’ve had a few.

The boys fixed me up with a place to stay in (free of charge of course). They took me around the amazing city of Damascus and showed me all the great and historic sites. One great place in particular was the Umayyad mosque. I really regret not taking a camera with me while I was there. I also couldn’t buy a camera in that place, because for some unknown reason, Syrians don’t seem very fond of electronic equipment.

I have a confession to make. I went to a Somali party in Syria! Don’t panic just yet, I didn’t strut my stuff or dig out my dancing boots. However, I did see one of the most comical (and sad) sites you would ever see in a Somali party. I saw girls wearing the veil doing the infamous niiko dance! I DID! Nobody managed to explain that crazy phenomenon to me. Some guys thought that these girls were merely shy and didn’t want to be known!

I was planning to write a very long piece about Syria and my impressions of that country but it’s been a while since I really typed any long pieces and my fingers are starting to ache. I may do it sometime in the future. For now, this will have to do. :D

^ I'm lost here, whats the problem, the 'chap' couldn't kick it and everybody else that could had fun. why are we taking bites out of the kids

Ngonge, your sheekooying all have a common theme, you know. You're offered this and that by your friends/strangers... and you dont take it, but of course, live to tell the tales.

How plausible is that? Ey?

I'm glad you had fun... smile.gif .