Deeq A.

Pictures: Somaliland VP pledges Tukaraq residents to have access to all social services

Deeq A.   

LASANOD–Vice President of Somaliland, Abdirahman Sayli’i has handed over medical supplies to Tukaraq Maternal Health Center today. The VP paid a short visit to Tukaraq a town in the east of Sool region ever since Somaliland’s armed forces have taken control from its arch rival militias backed by Puntland. The American Refugee Committee (ARC) first donated the medical supplies which was aimed at preventing diarrhea related diseases in the town, is the first of its kind as Somaliland government is doing all it can to help residents to have access to basic social needs. Traditional leaders in the town have had the chance to tell the real needs of the town as the VP has had the opportunity to listen to their gripes. The residents have accused militia soldiers which used to collect taxes as an exploitation and have not done anything for the town. The taxes were used to carry out development projects in Garowe and Bosaso in Puntland. The VP and the minister for water affairs have promised to deal with the grievances made by the residents. The VP has further said that the government will rebuild the school in the town and new Maternity Child Health Center.

1H3A9563.jpg1H3A9579.jpg1H3A9590.jpg

1H3A9605.jpg1H3A9500.jpg1H3A9634.jpg1H3A9500.jpg

• Like 1

Holac   

Somaliland is taking quick action dispensing medical supplies and promising much needed projects for Tukaraq residents.  The longer things stay this way, the harder it will be for Puntalnd to come back. Somaliland's kitchen table economics strategy is brilliant as it lowers the risk of local residents rushing to defend the old status quo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holac said:

Somaliland is taking quick action dispensing medical supplies and promising much needed projects for Tukaraq residents.  The longer things stay this way, the harder it will be for Puntalnd to come back. Somaliland's kitchen table economics strategy is brilliant as it lowers the risk of local residents rushing to defend the old status quo. 

Absolutely right. The average Faarah cares less about clanism these days. There are just too much other priorities besides clanism. By delivering basic needs i.e. peace, development, health care, food aid, water, schools etc... Somaliland takes away the fuel that could push someone to take arms against it. 

Agree, unless someone else offers more, lol, The only way things can be solid, is fair and balanced political representation as well , Hadii Kale hadhow meel baa lagaa soo dhici. but looks like card kii qaabiilka waqtigiisu in u dhamaadey.

Samafal   

LoL ,sxb this is a village of couple of hundreds of people, almost all of them fled so who is he providing social services to? 

Miyir   

Somali logic at play here.

Somaliland cant provide the most basics such as water the areas under its control as I write now, people are in desperate situation, appeals for donation sent to where I am, we may see people dying for hunger in Somaliland controlled areas that is the information I'm getting now.

The money was under mattress all this time miyaa? lol .  madness 

I am beginning to believe Suldaanka's earlier statement that Somaliland has a long-term plan which is to grab a village every few years to eventually reach Garowe. 

If Puntland doesn't get Tukaraq back in the next few days or weeks, the game is over. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dahireeto said:

I am beginning to believe Suldaanka's earlier statement that Somaliland has a long-term plan which is to grab a village every few years to eventually reach Garowe. 

If Puntland doesn't get Tukaraq back in the next few days or weeks, the game is over. 

There is news from Garoowe that Gaas opted for peace. Garoowe is too important to become a target. For now, the status-quo will remain as is for sometime until Puntland/VillaSomalia provoke Somaliland again.